Stop Press : Finance Minister Resigns

To everyone's surprise the Minister of Finance and former BOT Governor Pridiyatorn Tevagorn announced his resignation this morning.

Whether connected or not is not known , but the baht strengthened this morning narrowing the gap between the fixed onshore and the free market offshore rate.

Reason given was disagreement over the media , meaning perhaps his fight with media tycoon and Toxin killer Sontee Limtongkun who had been invited to air his program Guardian of the Nation on Ch 11 .

Last night Sontee said his program would quit Channel 11 with immediate effect.

Note for viewers of Thai tv : At 10.30 tonight on Channel 11 the Bangkok Post News Report appears.

Anchorman : Pridiyatorn's son !

How he will handle reporting his own father's resignation will make facinating viewing.....all should watch if at home.and in Thailand

FYI Priditatorn's son failed to appear on Newsline ! In his place was a young man called Jay Bunnag whose English was ther best I've ever heard in 20 years here. He surely has an English mother and spent most of his life in the UK.

What is it with Topfield and his 'Stop Press' line.

It seems nobody was interested after the presses had stopped anywway!

Posting was made immediately after the resignation announced ....and before any other posting on the subject an event which could effect financially all expats in Thailand !!

If moomfuity is saying one shouldn't post important breaking news can he please explain why.

Thank you

What is it with Topfield and his 'Stop Press' line.

It seems nobody was interested after the presses had stopped anywway!

Posting was made immediately after the resignation announced ....and before any other posting on the subject an event which could effect financially all expats in Thailand !!

If moomfuity is saying one shouldn't post important breaking news can he please explain why.

Thank you

The post was NOT made before any other posting on the subject.

George posted the news in the appropriate section prior to your posting.

I think that moonfruit along with others think that you try to portray yourself as being Thai Visas answer to Martha Stewart.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion on whatever subject, but going off your previous posts you aint no financial expert.

And as you said on another unrelated post, that you were fed up of people portraying themselves as experts in certain fields and giving advice.

Sorry but I feel the same way when I read some of your posts