Yasothon

youreavinalaff

150kms round trip for a beer? I don't think so.

Sorry. I have visited the area many times and it seemed not too far away. I am not aware of a any ‘western style’ bars in Yasothon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it Yasothon City? or somewhere in Yasothon Province.

I live 35km East of Yasothon City(Maybe City is a bit generous) on the road to Ubon, there are not many Farfang who live in Yasothon.

As for Farang hangouts, I have not heard of any in the last 10 months since I moved here.

Regards FD

????

Is it Yasothon City? or somewhere in Yasothon Province.

I live 35km East of Yasothon City(Maybe City is a bit generous) on the road to Ubon, there are not many Farfang who live in Yasothon.
As for Farang hangouts, I have not heard of any in the last 10 months since I moved here.

Regards FD
[emoji3]

There was, ‘The Isaan Baker’ restaurant but I soon found out that this place was actually nearer to Amnat. They have since moved to Ubon, so I have been informed.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:54 PM, DILLIGAD said:

There was, ‘The Isaan Baker’ restaurant but I soon found out that this place was actually nearer to Amnat. They have since moved to Ubon, so I have been informed.

Moved back to Ubon to be more precise.

Lance and Tom used to own & run TC Kitchen and then TC Lakeside (bars with food). Prior to that N-Joy. I bumped into Lance a week ago fixing up their new house while I was laying trail for Ubon Hash House Harriers. Was so surprised to see him back - after a relatively brief sojourn in Yaso - that I forgot to ask whether a further foray into the Ubon catering scene is planned.

Moved back to Ubon to be more precise.

Lance and Tom used to own & run TC Kitchen and then TC Lakeside (bars with food). Prior to that N-Joy. I bumped into Lance a week ago fixing up their new house while I was laying trail for Ubon Hash House Harriers. Was so surprised to see him back - after a relatively brief sojourn in Yaso - that I forgot to ask whether a further foray into the Ubon catering scene is planned.

Keep us posted S, his grub seemed good following my first(only) visit touring Yaso trying to find the place!!
It actually ended as a nice road-trip with other SSK MC guys!

On 3/3/2019 at 2:17 PM, NCC1701A said:

we send recon teams in there from time to time. no one has ever come back. :cheesy:

Although I am fascinated with these obscure little places (and dont really care if there are falang watering holes in them) somehow the thought of trading some of my valuable time left on this earth to go to a place like Yasathon does not quite make temporal sense.

12 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Although somehow the thought of trading some of my valuable time left on this earth to go to a place like Yasathon does not quite make temporal sense.

Only those in the know have Yaso's Bang Fai on their bucket list!

I don't understand; why you are all so negative about Yasothon?

Yes, it's a quit little town in Isaan.

Yes, there are no beer-bars and lots of ladies who pleasure you all the ways you want.

Yes, there are no ob ab nuat massage where the massage is forgotten and only other pleasures are met.

But when you try to find your way, it's also a nice city where you can enjoy your life and get all the pleasures you want. In all the ways you want, make no mistake.

I'm sorry you all live in better places, but why you all speak so negative about Yaso. I like it here, but I never speak negative about other places (I hardly know because I don't live there). ????

Regards,

Aha

I live in Yasothon and have lived here for over 7 years very nice small city. Randy

Randy I have nothing against your local, just as a visitor requiring restaurants/bars/clubs/attractions I found more of interest where I recommended, but that’s just one person’s opinion (mine).

19 hours ago, randy723 said:

I live in Yasothon and have lived here for over 7 years very nice small city. Randy

Hi Randy, correct Yaso is nice and i visit there time to time as we have some business connection in there (Thai) as i live even smaller village what is 60km from you towards Ubon and 40km from Ubon to you = Khuang Nai, we live in just beside HW23 as our Pharmacy is here and i been here 22yrs and never get enough, nice are and we have nothing, but as always every area in this world have good and bad thing's, for me those are easily passed and life continues.

Aha15, just relax and do not focus too much what others say about Yaso as that is where "you" life and they not, as always it's very easy to talk from distance when in person not in there and facing difficulties if any.. Just relax and enjoy.

On 3/14/2019 at 4:55 AM, MarcoH said:

Aha15, just relax and do not focus too much what others say about Yaso as that is where "you" life and they not, as always it's very easy to talk from distance when in person not in there and facing difficulties if any.. Just relax and enjoy.

???? Believe me, MarcoH, I relax and enjoy every day. Don't worry about that. ????

Aha15

Well i though i put it nice and easy as I dont worry about anything, i just simple mention why even care to make any post as that is that you do worry about "others" making comments about Yaso, i generally not.....end of story.....enjoy your time, i'm out of here...Sayonara as Japs say

I don't want Farang bars so that's why I moved to Yaso.
The Thai bars and restaurants are great.
Learn some of the language and you can have a great time.
I didn't come half way round the world to experience expat farangville.

How does that relate to the question asked by the OP in post 1, please?

2 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

How does that relate to the question asked by the OP in post 1, please?

Very much so. More so than being advised to travel 100+kms to another province.

On 3/14/2019 at 4:27 PM, Andycoops said:

I don't want Farang bars so that's why I moved to Yaso.

The Thai bars and restaurants are great.

Learn some of the language and you can have a great time.

I didn't come half way round the world to experience expat farangville.

Thanks for your pointer. I actually ended up meeting another expats who thinks exactly as you said. Some great Thai places that we checked out.

There does seem to be an Expat community of sorts but, because of the lack of an expat bar, it is quite thinly spread. 

On 3/10/2019 at 10:43 PM, LosLobo said:

Only those in the know have Yaso's Bang Fai on their bucket list!

Yasothons rocket festival is excellent but well on the tourist trail. The biggest rocket festival is Phanom Phrai and the most dramatic is Kalasin. Cheers.

Archived