textile jacket for bike ?

Joinaman

Hi there, looking for advice from the bikers on here about jackets

i ride an X Max { i know, its an old farts scooter, lol } but i tend to ride it with anything i have to wear, but nothing that would protect me if needed

Don't want to look like a Hells angel type of rider, and don't want leather cos its waaaay too warm for that

was looking at basic textile jackets, ones with armour and Cordura 

don't want to spend a fortune, even though i suppose i should, cos i don't ride too often 

are these any good? want something to help protect from road rash, but also not too hot when riding or stopped 

Something like this   

eBay item number:

Any advice appreciated. thanks

I've owned about half a dozen textile jackets, even crashed in a few and have been fine.

Assuming you want good value, that eliminates Alpine Stars and Dainese etc.

Furygan jackets are amazing and will last you years. This is the brand I stuck with for a long time, until I found a brand that offered the same quality for less.

A step down in price is RST gear - I found this amazing, comfortable, light and cheap, came off wearing an RST textile jacket at 60-70 mph in the UK, only had a few tiny scratches on the jacket and carried on using it for years. After using their products I wouldn't buy anything else.

(P.S. - try and get a jacket which has interchangeable back armor and put something decent in the pocket - I spent a bit extra to put a heavy duty Knox back protector in my jacket, and if I hadn't could well have been paralysed by now.)

Distributor in Thailand is at:

BADASS PARTS & APPAREL

75/5 SOI PHAHOLYOTHIN 8
SAMSENNAI PHAYATHAI
BANGKOK 10400
THAILAND

Edited by pr9spk
  • Like 2

You can find the one you posted in Thailand without paying shipping fee from ebay. 

ex. Real helmets also have lines of jackets https://www.real-helmets.com/product/ListProduct?producttype=4#

I'm basically using the same kind, with basic protection in your arms back and chest, i say enough for a low speed crash. Better than wearing that wife beater. Theyre also cooler to wear. 

Edited by alx123