U.S. House panel taps veteran prosecutor to lead Trump probe

webfact

They keep appointing new investigators because for the last several years they have found nothing on the President. I just have to wonder if they are performing the duties they were originally elected to office for. Maybe we need to aim the investigations toward the House and Senate instead.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, attrayant said:

And endless witches indicted, charged and confessed.  That makes it all worth while.

True, and with the one big ugly orange ring leader witch roasting on the spit as we speak.

Edited by keemapoot
sp

2 hours ago, rgraham said:

They keep appointing new investigators because for the last several years they have found nothing on the President. I just have to wonder if they are performing the duties they were originally elected to office for. Maybe we need to aim the investigations toward the House and Senate instead.

In your mind, how long is the investigation on? And how does it stack compared to similar, previous investigation? I fail to recall all that much "concern" for duties being performed (even if conducting such investigation wasn't a duty) with regards to investigations focusing on "the other side".

Not even gonna ask what's the rationale of the last comment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

This is a calculated war against Trump. These investigations won't stop regardless of findings. Dems thinking is hey if we don't prove any wrongdoing at least we can keep him off balance for 2020.

Sure it is, and of course you know how things will pan out. Obviously, holding on to such notions is possible only if ignoring findings so far, or dismissing them because they do not amount (at this time) to full blown charges or because conclusions are not final, yet.

Supposed there's no conclusive proof, or not enough to base a charge - would that make all the rest of the issues represented by Trump and his presidency go away, as far as you're concerned? Or is it that you don't see anything wrong whatsoever anyway?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, riclag said:

Mr. Goldman tweeted, “This is beyond improper. We cannot become numb to his misconduct. Trump ‘looks bad’ because he committed a crime, nothing else”.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/5/daniel-goldman-trump-dossier-fan-named-house-intel/

He talks about gathering facts and truth and being professional but yet he threw all of that out the window before this article and claimed Trump has committed a crime ! Team Trump will weather sciff and goldman and the rest of Conspiracy theorist 

Do you recall them "lock her up" chants? Trump as candidate and president publicly asserting crimes were committed? Or Trump and Co. (never mind posters) indulging in conspiracy theories? Failed to notice that indignation you're expressing now.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Trouble said:

Seems to me that before all these committees start wasting too much money on investigation they should wait for the conclusion of the Mueller investigation and a report.  Seems like they could be wasting a lot of time going off in all directions without first finding out what Mueller found.

Very different focus 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

This is a calculated war against Trump. These investigations won't stop regardless of findings. Dems thinking is hey if we don't prove any wrongdoing at least we can keep him off balance for 2020.

Why isn’t he cooperating then????????????

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Simply amazing that people seem to forget the myriad Congressional requests for documents and investigations into the Obama administration.

Solyndra, IRS, Benghazi, Fast & Furious, ACA website.

Well, you seem to be assuming that he will lie? If he is innocent, then telling the truth and clearing up investigations would seem to be the best approach. You clear yourself, and expose the Dems for witch-hunting. Win/win.

Or just sit back and tweet.

I assume nothing. If he's guilty of something...prove it. Oh wait, they can't. Nothing left to say.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

What I see is Trump devotees so infatuated with the man they are willing to let SERIOUS and illegal activities go unchecked and without proper investigation just because he tells them 'it's a witch-hunt'.

The Mueller investigation has yielded some serious results so far to include conclusive proof that Russia meddled in the election. Many of Trumps associates have either been indicted or are facing criminal charges so as far as witch hunts go, it's found a lot of witches.

Yet none of this seems to matter to a Trump devotee who thinks a man who lies on a daily basis about everything from security clearance for his son-in-law to immigrant figures to even the amount of burgers he served to the Clemson football team is to also be believed about this. According to the Fact Checker database, Trump has made 7,645 “false or misleading claims” since taking office. The most repeated lie – 187 times and counting – is that the Russia investigation is a “witch-hunt”. 

If you have any love for the USA or respect for the office of the POTUS, you should be happy and supportive of ANYTHING (be it against Republicans, Democrats or Presidents) that shines a light on corruption, illegal activities and of course collusion.      

The dems been investigating since before Trump took office, Isn't that long enough and no clear, cut evidence to have him arrested or booted from office. 

That light you're shining is only for Trump and associates. If he did wrong you're telling me over 2 yrs of exhausting investigations they haven't found the "evidence"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The dems been investigating since before Trump took office, Isn't that long enough and no clear, cut evidence to have him arrested or booted from office. 

That light you're shining is only for Trump and associates. If he did wrong you're telling me over 2 yrs of exhausting investigations they haven't found the "evidence"

Did you have as much objection to past, longer investigations initiated by the Republicans?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

By this thinking then, we should never investigate complex crimes, crime syndicates and complex multinational sophisticated crimes because they take more than 2 years to uncover the wrongdoing. The strong evidence of Trump's complex criminal patterns will take time to unravel. We are already seeing much of it as we have seen with the related indictments, pleas and convictions.

I think most Americans would not want sophisticated criminal networks to go unpunished because it takes longer to unravel them. Would you?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

By this thinking then, we should never investigate complex crimes, crime syndicates and complex multinational sophisticated crimes because they take more than 2 years to uncover the wrongdoing. The strong evidence of Trump's complex criminal patterns will take time to unravel. We are already seeing much of it as we have seen with the related indictments, pleas and convictions.

I think most Americans would not want sophisticated criminal networks to go unpunished because it takes longer to unravel them. Would you?

Even I wouldn't use the word "sophisticated" to describe Trump.

• Haha 2

Off-topic, gratuitous posts with memes have been removed.  

If you wish to say something, then say it.   Posting nonsensical meme's is inflammatory and not really a part of a reasonable discussion.

• Like 1