Foreign Currency Account With ATM ?

Anyone know if there is a bank that offers deposit account in foreign currency (USD, EUR) and allows ATM withdrawal in that currency whilst abroad (without converting it to THB first).

Trying to withdrawal 100 USD without converting USD to THB to USD and giving the bank 5%.

Thank you kindly.

• Confused 1

@JayBird

The answer is no. How would the US notes get into the machine? There may be some rip-off foreign currency atm's past immigration in the airport but stay away from those.

Changing Thai Baht to USD at a money changer not a bank usually costs you 0.4% in exchange rate loss. Of course you would have had to have started out with USD and changed them into THB first.

• Like 1

FCD does not come with atm card 
That is not correct. I have a sterling FCD account with Krungsri bank with a debit/ATM card which I can use to withdraw Thai baht from any Krungsri ATM machine.

Anyone know if there is a bank that offers deposit account in foreign currency (USD, EUR) and allows ATM withdrawal in that currency whilst abroad (without converting it to THB first).

Trying to withdrawal 100 USD without converting USD to THB to USD and giving the bank 5%.

Thank you kindly.

No it is not possible. You can only withdraw it in Thai baht in Thailand.

Wow, have my English skills failed?

Let's try this :

I open bank account in Thailand in USD currency.

I wire money in USD from USA to this account.

I then get on plane and go to Las Vegas.

I walk up to Bank Of America ATM and want withdraw USD greenbacks from my USD account in Thailand.

I do not want bank in Thailand to go:
Convert USD to thb. Then convert thb to usd for withdraw.

The 100USD was an example number.

Wow, have my English skills failed?

Let's try this :

I open bank account in Thailand in USD currency.

I wire money in USD from USA to this account.

I then get on plane and go to Las Vegas.

I walk up to Bank Of America ATM and want withdraw USD greenbacks from my USD account in Thailand.

I do not want bank in Thailand to go:
Convert USD to thb. Then convert thb to usd for withdraw.

The 100USD was an example number.
I can only speak for my bank which is Krungsri where I have a sterling foreign currency account. I can only put my ATM debit card into a Krungsri ATM in Thailand to withdraw money that will be converted into Thai baht. Unlike a Thai account I cannot even put it into a Kasikorn or SCB ATM. I cannot withdraw money by putting it into an ATM in another country. I think that's clear English. :)

You can, of course, transfer usd from your fcd usd account to a USA based account.
At k recently they just charged the usual 1% cash withdrawal fee.
Passport and personal presence required. I know this does not answer your specific question but bkk, city or any bank with a USA branch might facilitate transfers between the th and us branches.
You could then have 2 debit cards
And then e-transfer to the Thai fcd account as required.
To my knowledge e-transfer from th to USA is not supported.
Singapore might be an alternative .

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You would need to confirm with other Banks but I cannot even make a swift transfer to another country unless I'm physically here where I have to visit the bank branch. I can't do it via online banking. What I can do on the online app is transfer the money into a Thai baht account where it will be converted, but I cannot transfer it overseas online. You have to understand that there are restrictions with FCD accounts.