TransferWise seems to have gone haywire on me. Any others having this problem..

I can try to transfer the US equivalent of 2000 baht to Bangkok Bank and get stuck in a continuous loop of windows

asking for the user name and password of my US bank account.  I made several transfers about two days ago with no problems.

Now I have the "endless loop" to contend with, as well as other deviations. I thought my extension of stay issues had been resolved, now there

are other issues with Transferwise. If anyone is having similar problems, I would like to know. Also, I can't seem to locate any phone numbers

for TransferWise, so I can resolve the issues with a Skype call. At first TWT rejected my log in attempts, then when I took the option of logging in

under my Facebook account, I got into the system, but now face this plethora of problems.  Any advice?

Is your US bank offline?

If you have logged in to Transferwise using FB, where previously you did not, it will be assuming a different account. Ensure you log into Transferwise the same way you have always done. Use a link you previously used.

As said above (guess) it appears you logged in as a new account and transferwise is trying to confirm account but you are entering a bank account name/password that is already in use under the other account holders name. 

They normally require you to receive and enter an SMS password they send to your phone in normal sign on (believe there are other options on the sign in screen also).  

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Is your US bank offline?

If you have logged in to Transferwise using FB, where previously you did not, it will be assuming a different account. Ensure you log into Transferwise the same way you have always done. Use a link you previously used.

My credit union is online. Not the most technically savvy people around.

• 2 weeks later...

After five successful Bank debit (ACH) transfers I also had trouble with them yesterday. ????

I was trying to send 2000 USD, but when I chose my bank (BOA) from the institution drop-down menu as I usually do, I received a message this time telling me my bank account wasn't recognized.  <deleted>! 

I then called called customer service and they said they do not know what has happened. They advised me to cancel the current transfer and start over with a new one.

As I was speaking to them they guided me onto a page where I had to request some 'Micro Deposits'  This is supposedly used to verify that my bank account actually belongs to me.  They told me they will send two small amounts (between $0.01-0.99) into my account, and that it will take up to 2 business days for these to arrive. After I receive these two amounts I then need to go back onto TW so they can verify theses amounts.   

Now I am still waiting for the micro deposits to hit my BOA checking account. 

I'll update once I get more info.  

You can use this link to contact them by phone.  They have a few region telephone numbers to choose from https://transferwise.com/contact 

Update: The micro deposits posted to my BOA account. 

I went back into the TW site and successfully completed the transaction. 

I called customer service afterward to inquire why I had encountered this issue, and they said if the amount which is normally sent significantly increases, further security verification is needed to verify that the senders account really belongs to them and isn't being used fraudulently. 

@ licky2008,

I have no doubt they told you that, but it makes no sense. 

If your normal method had worked where you log onto your BoA account through the Tansferwise (TW) interface that verifies you own the bank account...otherwise you would not have been able to logon. 

And during the micro deposit method like TW requested is doing nothing more that verifying you own the account because only you can find out micro deposit info from your bank which you probably do by logging onto your BoA ibanking to see how much the micro deposits were.  Logging on like logging on thru the TW interface.

I bet TW is (was) having some interfacing/connection issues with other banks where normally you must log onto those accounts thru the TW interface to fund the transfer.  So, with that problem occurring TW is allowing the micro deposit method instead for your bank.  Now this interface issue could be on either the TW or your bank's end....or even the 3d party (Plaid.com) that provides the API interface.

They have numerous issues. One odd thing that happened is that my transfer went through, but was routed into my "Direct Deposit" account, rather than my Debit account. Not sure why since i never gave them the account number for the DD account, only the Debit account. Best to count my blessings, I suppose.

16 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

They have numerous issues. One odd thing that happened is that my transfer went through, but was routed into my "Direct Deposit" account, rather than my Debit account. Not sure why since i never gave them the account number for the DD account, only the Debit account. Best to count my blessings, I suppose.

Now I must say I bet they sent to the account number you had listed in your recipient setup for that transfer....the recipient info you setup.   

If you only have one recipient setup you might want to recheck it...see what bank account number you have loaded.  Ditto if you have two recipients...like both to yourself with one being to your direct deposit account and one to your regular debit account.....maybe you just selected the wrong recipient when sending your transfer which caused it to go to your other account.

For me I have several of my Bangkok Bank accounts setup as recipients and it's real easy to click the wrong one when initiating a transfer....a person needs to pay close attention which Leo beer sometimes causes me to be less attentive than required.

4 hours ago, Pib said:

Now I must say I bet they sent to the account number you had listed in your recipient setup for that transfer....the recipient info you setup.   

If you only have one recipient setup you might want to recheck it...see what bank account number you have loaded.  Ditto if you have two recipients...like both to yourself with one being to your direct deposit account and one to your regular debit account.....maybe you just selected the wrong recipient when sending your transfer which caused it to go to your other account.

For me I have several of my Bangkok Bank accounts setup as recipients and it's real easy to click the wrong one when initiating a transfer....a person needs to pay close attention which Leo beer sometimes causes me to be less attentive than required.

Leo beer CLARIFIES your thinking. It does not obscure it.  I only gave them the number for my debit account. Bangkok Bank seems to have taken it upon themselves to put it in my Direct Deposit account. Maybe it's the law.  Who knows??

6 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Leo beer CLARIFIES your thinking. It does not obscure it.  I only gave them the number for my debit account. Bangkok Bank seems to have taken it upon themselves to put it in my Direct Deposit account. Maybe it's the law.  Who knows??

Nope...not a law.  A bank will not put money into whatever account of various accounts a person has....the bank puts it in the specific account in the money transfer instructions....the instructions that come from the info you have entered in your Transferwise Recipient for that transfer...the bank account info in the Recipient info....the info the Sender (you) enters.

I too have a Bangkok Bank Direct Deposit account along with several Bangkok Bank regular/debit accounts....they are all setup as individual Transferwise Recipients.   I have transferred funds to all of them....the money goes to the account in my recipient info.  Never has a transfer pegged for one of my regular/debit accounts been instead put in my Direct Deposit account....if that occurred I would be all over Bangkok Bank and/or Transferwise.    If Bangkok Bank put the money in the wrong account then they made a major error....ignored the account info in your money transfer instructions. 

That's why I said I bet your instructions for that transfer included the account number that the money was deposited to.   Easy enough  to confirm by looking at the Transferwise PDF Receipt for that transfer which you said went into one of your other accounts. 

Archived