'New' Khon Kaen railway station open yet?

PREM-R

I seem to have posted this previously into the news forum by mistake, so here goes, Does anyone know if the "new' railway station is open yet or are they still using the temporary one behind Tesco Lotus? 

I have searched the internet but can find no info as to whether the new station is open. I am heading up to Nong Khai/Vientiane next week and I do not want to head to the out of town temporary station in error.  Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.  If you had to get off at the temporary stop this morning it looks like you will have to go there this evening too.  I would appreciate any further info you can glean.  Cheers.

Passed by the new station last night. It was totally dark. Does not look open to me.

This was posted Feb 19th.

Khon Kaen Railway Station is currently (last update February 2019) being refurbished to accommodate the new dual track railway line under construction, and passenger services are operating out of a temporary railway station at the moment which is inconveniently located 8.2 km by road to the south of the Chao Por Lak Muang Khon Kaen Shrine, in the centre of Khon Kaen City. 

Thanks for the reply.  It looks like the temporary station is still in use.    Not the end of the world if I get there and it has changed back to the original station, just a waste of a bit of time.

UPDATE

Got the answer to my question last night (Saturday) on KTV news here in Khon Kaen.  The station will be opened on Wednesday 13th March.   If I understood correctly, it also said that Chan-O-Cha would be present at the opening, probably a good idea to keep away from the area around the station on that day.

Archived