Rabbit Card - History? Double charged.

RAZZELL

Dear TV hive mind.

Is it possible to get an entire history of use on your Rabbit card?

I'm asking this as I now know I've been "double charged" a number of times in McDonalds ????

Basically, more than a few times I've been in Mc'd's, offered the card ..."beep, beep" red light, no money...top up, get my grub, stuff my face...think nothing more of it...

Then a few times, "that's strange, I'm sure I had money in there."

Last week..."mmm...I'm definitely sure I had money in there."

A few days ago...got on at Saphan Thaksin, put an additional 100 baht on the card, got off at Siam, dropped the wife off at her office, went to Siam Paragon MCd's..."beep beep"..."Not enough credit sir"...."Eh? Yes there is.." "No, no cannot" etc etc. Call Manager, "You have no money"...."Err, I do I just put it on"..."No, no, cannot"....etc etc

Right, annoyed went upstairs, got a photo of the account from BTS office -156 baht Mc'D's.

Go back..."Oh, sorry Mister"....get my breakfast.

Thinking back, I'm "pretty sure" this has happened in at least 4 McD's. Paseo Mall, Ramintra, Nana, and Paragon.

It's probably an issue with the Rabbit Card system...but if this is happening a lot...how much are the companies/Rabbitt pulling out on phantom/double charges???? $$$$$$? of baht per day.

Thoughts?

RAZZ

• Haha 1

I recommend you connect your Rabbit card to Line pay on your mobile. Most bts stations have booths promoting this right now, advertising 3 free rides and several promotional discounts at cafes etc - the staff will be happy to set it up for you. Also the 10% McDonald's discount is doubled to 20%, and Tom n Tom's gives 30% discount for paying this way. All transactions get confirmed as a notification, and payment history is available as one of the menu options. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAZZELL said:

Is it possible to get an entire history of use on your Rabbit card?

The data certainly exists, right from the day your card was initialised. 

• The last 10 transactions are on the card itself and can easily be viewed at a BTS station (you already know that).
  • The last couple of months data is on the live database server at Rabbit HQ.
  • Anything older will be in the tape archives.

Whether that data is available to the public, that's part of Rabbit policy which I don't know but if you go to a Rabbit service centre they may be able to help. If they refuse, try saying you suspect there's fraud going on they may be more inclined.

I have no experience of the readers used by McD's but certainly the BTS ones will not double debit even if you present the card twice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

The data certainly exists, right from the day your card was initialised. 

• The last 10 transactions are on the card itself and can easily be viewed at a BTS station (you already know that).
  • The last couple of months data is on the live database server at Rabbit HQ.
  • Anything older will be in the tape archives.

Whether that data is available to the public, that's part of Rabbit policy which I don't know but if you go to a Rabbit service centre they may be able to help. If they refuse, try saying you suspect there's fraud going on they may be more inclined.

I have no experience of the readers used by McD's but certainly the BTS ones will not double debit even if you present the card twice.

Thanks.

Sorry, I should've been clearer. It isn't "double charging" per se - I "tap" the card, beeps, red light, so says no charge BUT has taken the money out. Then I have taken it off and re-tapped it.

I will try a Rabbit service centre. I've seen one but can't for the life of me remember where? (edit - Googled - there is one at Asoke)

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Sorry, I should've been clearer. It isn't "double charging" per se - I "tap" the card, beeps, red light, so says no charge BUT has taken the money out. Then I have taken it off and re-tapped it.

So, if you had say 500 Baht on your card it could potentially charge again on the re-present. That sounds like a serious issue with the reader. Luckily outside my sphere of influence (the retail readers are provided by Rabbit themselves). 

• Like 1