Plug: American Owned Mitsu Dealership And Repai

jeffrosner

I needed to get a seat belt installed in the back of my truck for the carseat I don't yet own. I sent my wife into this new Mitsu shop on Sukumvhit to ask about pricing. The guy then walks out to the truck - I'm still inside hiding until the pricing is discussed, but he opens the door looks in the back, and in perfect English says "so you want a seat belt for a new baby - we can do it."

His name is JR - he lived 20 years in Maryland and got a degree from Univ of MD. He's an American. What a pleasure speaking to Thai using real American English, and how nice it is to get repair work done correctly, the American way and with great communication.

He is on the Bangkok bound side of Sukumvhit, as you pass the Jiffy GAS STATION on the left that is 1/4 mile before Pattya Nua. His Mitsu sign is 1/4 of a block down the road from Jiffy. The guy was honest, did a fantastic job and I can't detect any of the normal shitbull and deception that I have to deal with daily with native Thais.

I got my seatbelt, and at less money than he quoted because he later told me he quoted the wrong belt and the right one was less money.

Nice guy too.

JR

Edited by jeffrosner

Emm should try tommorow. What other things he can install ? Body Kits and etc ? Is he only dealing with Mitsubishi Vehicle ?

His name is JR - he lived 20 years in Maryland and got a degree from Univ of MD. He's an American.

I know a Thai Cab driver who also used to lived in Maryland for 20 years and got his driving licence there. But his driving a cab here just for leasure. Maybe the same person lol :o

Edited by tytus

I needed to get a seat belt installed in the back of my truck for the carseat I don't yet own. I sent my wife into this new Mitsu shop on Sukumvhit to ask about pricing. The guy then walks out to the truck - I'm still inside hiding until the pricing is discussed, but he opens the door looks in the back, and in perfect English says "so you want a seat belt for a new baby - we can do it."

His name is JR - he lived 20 years in Maryland and got a degree from Univ of MD. He's an American. What a pleasure speaking to Thai using real American English, and how nice it is to get repair work done correctly, the American way and with great communication.

He is on the Bangkok bound side of Sukumvhit, as you pass the Jiffy GAS STATION on the left that is 1/4 mile before Pattya Nua. His Mitsu sign is 1/4 of a block down the road from Jiffy. The guy was honest, did a fantastic job and I can't detect any of the normal shitbull and deception that I have to deal with daily with native Thais.

I got my seatbelt, and at less money than he quoted because he later told me he quoted the wrong belt and the right one was less money.

Nice guy too.

JR

So his name is JR and you sign youir posts JR :o

Yo Jeff, does that JR guy do body works and interiors such as sound systems and bits and pieces? I need some serious help with a car but I don't trust the Thais, I much be in the company of a "PROFESSIONAL" who knows the tricks of the trade, not the "picks of the buffalos ass). Thanks mate,

MBB.

I can't say he does body work because I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean dents and collisions I doubt he has the right equipment - but he does do sound systems. I'm telling you, if you close your eyes, and forget you are in Thailand you could pretend you were in an American showroom.

What a pleasure.

I went to him to put a seat belt in the back seat of my pickup - really a mega cab but I think a car seat will fit. While there I noticed he was selling some mechanical device to lock the brake and clutch pedals. I had him install it - it comes with a kill switch built-in but for some reason won't work on my pickup.

So I told him I had another idea and he said he did too - turns out we both had the same idea.

Install a separate kill switch in the car and just use the locking mechanism for the pedals.

Result, my pedals are locked and the thieves will think it has something to do with the ignition not firing - so they will look in the wrong place for the kill switch. I'm in Pattaya so I expect the worst here - in terms of stealing cars etc ..

Edited by jeffrosner