in search of good immigration attorney

I read what Ubonjoe had posted in response to Johnnysixstrings in regards to possible Thai citizenship. I was born in Thailand and left when my mother remarried an American DB. He threw away my Thai passport and it was before me getting a Thai ID. All I have are copies of my Thai birth certificate and adoption paper. Place of birth was listed 126 Tombon Klongtuey Amphoe Phra Khanong. I became an American citizen after serving in the US military. I never forgot where I was born and have always told people that I am Thai. My mother's family name was "Sangkeo" and I remember spending time in Ayutthaya. Now that I am approaching retirement age I want to move back to my birth country. I have never been back to Thailand since being taken from there. I am looking at 3-5 years to hand the practice to my oldest daughter. Would love any advice any of you guys may have. The adoption registration # 73/1575,  date 29th August 1969, magistrate S.Plikenond. thanks

You should start with going back to the very place you were born as shown on you birth certificate or tha last place your name was showing on a house registration, see the city hall were all records are kept and your mother and yours should be there and you don't need a lawyer, go in person tell your story and show them all document you have and take it from there...

7 minutes ago, Dr Nirandorn said:

Thank you, guess will have to make a trip with the wife. But since I am a US citizen now, what bearing would that have, technically it could be stated that I gave up my Thai citizenship to become American.

Thailand allows dual citizenship, i.e. holding two active passports at the same time. Though US state department don't like Americans holding two active passports but legally they can't do anything. You're still liable for taxes on your world wide incomes unless you give up your American citizenship.

Edited by onera1961

Thank you, American retirement so US will get their fair share. Now would my US born children be automatically able to get Thai citizenship if I am able to regain mine, i.e. parents citizenship or would they have to do the 5 year residency in Thailand then apply?