A first after 41 years here...

egypte

I live in Kanchanaburi near the Myanmar border. If I am driving my own car I get waved through the many checkpoints every time. If I am in a minivan, in 3 years I have never been asked to show my passport, while everyone on the bus has their ID checked rigorously. A smile would be enough for the policeman to ignore me. Until 2 months ago when an obviously more senior policeman asked me for my passport on a minivan trip.

He looked at everything, not just a glance. Checked my next 90 day card and TM30 slip, as well as extension. Gave me back with a smile, but my gf and I were a little stunned after years of never being asked. In that area I believe they are looking for illegal workers and drugs.

• 10 months later...
On 4/27/2019 at 10:49 AM, Saltire said:

I live in Kanchanaburi near the Myanmar border. If I am driving my own car I get waved through the many checkpoints every time. If I am in a minivan, in 3 years I have never been asked to show my passport, while everyone on the bus has their ID checked rigorously. A smile would be enough for the policeman to ignore me. Until 2 months ago when an obviously more senior policeman asked me for my passport on a minivan trip.

He looked at everything, not just a glance. Checked my next 90 day card and TM30 slip, as well as extension. Gave me back with a smile, but my gf and I were a little stunned after years of never being asked. In that area I believe they are looking for illegal workers and drugs.

Knowing that you ride a minivan he wants to know your name before you die maybe ?