Cancer and accident insurance

jimmyyy

Good morning all.   Recently it seems like more and more people I know are having accidents or being diagnosed with cancer or liver and kidney disease.   I have VA foreign medical program that covers most things but not cancers or accidents.   I was wondering if any of u might have some advice for obtaining cancer and accident insurance and what type of Max benefit I should be looking at.  Thank you for taking the time to respond.   I am married 48 years old and have lived here for 3 years.   

You can get accident only insurance, though these policies tend to be oriented more to payouts for death or permanent major disability (loss of limb or eyesight etc) with rather low levels of medical bill cover.  Still, premiums are low, and I think it worth having, in fact I have it in addition to regular medical insurance.  For people under age 65 the highest cover I have seen (for medical expenses due to accident) is 625K from Siam City. Aged 65-80, best one I have found is 200K from Bangkok Insurance. Over 80, no accident policy I have found gives enough cover to be worth it.

https://www.siamcityinsurance.com/ws_new/index.php

Personal accident medical cover includes both in and outpatient (one reason I have it to supplement my regular heath insurance which is inpatient only), no deductibles and has direct billing with most private hospitals. Accidents may include things like dog bites as well as the more obvious things like falls, crashes etc.

Need to carefully read the provisions of PA insurance regarding vehicular accidents. Some (not all) have a reduced level of cover for motorcylce accidents and all will require a valid license etc. Accidents due to being intoxicated or anything illegal will be excluded.

I have not heard of any cancer-only health insurance policies. But there are health insurance policies designed to be supplemental to other policies/cover. Best for you to work with a broker, explaining what cover you have and asking for options for supplemental cover that would fill in the gaps. Suggest AA Brokers.  wwww.aainsure.net

Archived