Computer news sites

marcusarelus

Are there any better news sites than Drudge?  I'd like a more balanced set of reporting options but Drudge has all the main stories and interesting human interest ones too.  I've not been able to find another location.  I don't mean one outlet like BBC or CNN but a site which gives a variety of sources like Drudge who has hundreds of outlets listed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Personally I use a couple of news apps like i.e. The Guardian and customize them.

Some allow very detailed settings of what you will see in which order - and what you won't see normally.

Because quality of news is very different with different sources I don't use any of those mixed sites where you get news from lots of sources. I see no point about reading unreliable news from unreliable sources.

I am used to reading accurate up to date and controversial headlines like Drudge produces daily.  He broke the Clinton/Monica story which is what got him on the map.  He has a choice of 50+ reputable sources to pull from that guarantees he will always out perform the Guardian or NY Times or WA Post.  He gets more traffic than the New York Times.  

You'd think with all that action someone would want to compete. 

dr.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2019 at 7:38 AM, wgdanson said:

Looks OK, but how would you decide which news to read/believe, BBC, CNN, Fox, RT, etc. they're all there. By the time you've read the same story on say 10 channels, it won't be news any more.

Well if you cannot decide between the ones above, best to go with the looney tunes and ditch the others.

• Haha 1

Somebody posted a great list of news sites on the Internet forum a couple of years ago.  I just tried to search it but failed...maybe a more skilled digger can find it.

I usually start the day with Google News...easy to customize and fairly up to date.

18 minutes ago, dddave said:

I usually start the day with Google News

Google News is not a news provider, it is a news/info gatherer!

And full of all their adverts/sponsors and data gathering.  I like to read my news not provide info to the so called supplier.

18 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Google News is not a news provider, it is a news/info gatherer!

And full of all their adverts/sponsors and data gathering.  I like to read my news not provide info to the so called supplier.

Get a non-cooperating browser to eliminate the tracking and use an ad blocker plugin or get down the nitty gritty and set up an ad blocking VPN for your household or even for your surfing from anywhere.  My paranoid sister gave me the name of such a browser but I soon forgot it.

2 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Get a non-cooperating browser to eliminate the tracking and use an ad blocker plugin or get down the nitty gritty and set up an ad blocking VPN for your household or even for your surfing from anywhere.  My paranoid sister gave me the name of such a browser but I soon forgot it.

All that fafing about just to read the news!

No thanks I'll just turn on (the) TV.

Edited by scottiejohn