Boy, 12, killed by train after playing on his phone on the tracks

webfact

Boy, 12, killed by train after playing on his phone on the tracks

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A twelve year old boy was killed instantly when a Bangkok bound train hit him on the tracks near his school in Hat Yai in Thailand's south. 

Locals said they saw the boy sitting on the tracks totally absorbed in his phone.

The next thing they heard were several sounds on the horn from Express 46. 

But the boy failed to heed the warnings. He was dragged 40 meters away by the train that had left Padang Besar bound for the capital. 

The boy was named as Watanyu Disro, a P6 student at Tatong Foundation school in Tatong. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-15

3 minutes ago, ezzra said:

The question is now to ask if any of the other kids and adults for that matter have learned anything at all from this tragedy that not paying attention while playing with phones can kill you...

Are you kidding?  This is Thailand, where NO ONE learns anything like that.

34 minutes ago, ezzra said:

The question is now to ask if any of the other kids and adults for that matter have learned anything at all from this tragedy that not paying attention while playing with phones can kill you...

More importantly I would hope that kids learn not to sit on train tracks. 

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Who the hell sits on rail tracks while playing with a phone ?

Feel sorry for the kids & family but.... Jeez !

Unfortunately, the lack of common sense in Thailand is total. I've been here for over 25 years and never seen any sign of it. I find it quite amazing that a country can exist without it, and of course many people in the country do not survive without it. This is just one example.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Unfortunately, the lack of common sense in Thailand is total. I've been here for over 25 years and never seen any sign of it. I find it quite amazing that a country can exist without it, and of course many people in the country do not survive without it. This is just one example.

We must remember that common sense as we know it does not exist here, common sense is somthing you aquire during life, life here has no rules therefore the common sense here is all ****** up

Archived