Need Computer Help Locally

racyrick

I live in Khon Kaen and have no tech savvy at all.

I might need help with setting up a few things on the computer like transferring domains and sub domains, making sub domains and landing pages etc.

Is there anybody who lives in Khon Kaen that can come to my house and help me?

It will probably take less than an hour or up to 2 hours.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Farangwithaplan said:

It might help if you download some software like Teamviewer or the like. It is easy to learn. Someone can then remote into your PC under your guidance and do the work you need if you can't find a local.

I guess you have good intentions but this is in general a bad idea.

Nobody should let a stranger remote control their computer. The only condition under which this is ok is if you are i.e. a Microsoft customer and contact their professional support and they do that.

Otherwise it's possible big headache, possible viruses, stolen data and passwords, possible total mess up of the PC. Don't do it if you don't trust the person on the other end 100%!

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Nobody should let a stranger remote control their computer. The only condition under which this is ok is if you are i.e. a Microsoft customer and contact their professional support and they do that.

Otherwise it's possible big headache, possible viruses, stolen data and passwords, possible total mess up of the PC. Don't do it if you don't trust the person on the other end 100%!

This is my business model.  I am in and out of computers all day.  All my ongoing clients are persistent connections, meaning I can connect 24/7.  Differentiate between an amateur and a professional.

2 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

This is my business model.  I am in and out of computers all day.  All my ongoing clients are persistent connections, meaning I can connect 24/7.  Differentiate between an amateur and a professional.

And do you know your clients and, more important, do they know you?

I did and do enough remote work. But I do it only for my clients who know me and who trust me.

I know the risk. And you should know the risk.

Would you let a stranger work on your computer if you wouldn't know what he is doing?

17 hours ago, notagain said:

Are you using a hosting service ? or running your own server at home/business ? And yeah I would never give remote access to my computer to a complete stranger, let alone one off thai visa.

I will be using hosting services and not running my own server.

It is a simple online business and simple to start with just a few connections and pre made and custom funnels, but hard for me.

Yeah, I would not feel safe using remote access even though I know some people are professional and that is their business.

On 3/16/2019 at 12:22 PM, racyrick said:

Yeah, I would not feel safe using remote access even though I know some people are professional and that is their business.

Just curious how it is more safe to have someone physically at your PC as opposed to being remotely set up where you can watch their every move and download a keylog of what took place..

Archived