Marriage Visa for Burmese Woman to Thai Man

2019March17ThaiVisa

Thai Visa, by marriage for a Burmese Woman (23) to marry a Thai Man (25)

My Thai son has a Burmese Girlfriend (4 yrs)  they now have a Baby son (5 months old).

The boy was born in a Thai hospital here, and has full hospital papers,  he has a Thai Birth certificate with the Thai Father and Burmese Mothers name on it.

The Father and Boy are NOW registered at the same address with the Father being the legal House Master.

Once the Mother stops breast feeding (approx. Sept-Nov 2019) she will go back to Burma and get a New Burmese passport and Thai Visa.

I have been informed that this Visa may be only of two weeks duration due to the new passport. On the Second application a 2 months would be given. (At the moment the Burmese paperwork requirements are clear and a Burmese friend would help her there in Rangoon for the passport / visa)

The girl will then legally return to Thailand and try and legalize her situation here.

They intend to marry as soon as she arrives at the local Amphur.

Does anybody know of the requirement for this?

Once married what paperwork would be required for immigration to give her an extension of stay due to marriage to a Thai National.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank You

As the Baby is now already Thai I will try at a future date to get him Burmese Nationality to give him the choice to live/work in either country when he is older.

Any advice/experiences with this last scenario would be appreciated but its not urgent.

Thank You

18 minutes ago, Siam Bruce said:

I have been informed that this Visa may be only of two weeks duration due to the new passport. On the Second application a 2 months would be given.

Not sure about that. The 2 weeks sounds like a 14 day visa exempt entry if she was to enter by air.

If she was to apply for a tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Yangon it would allow the standard 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

No sure what the requirements are for a Myanmar citizen to marry a Thai. I am sure the local Amphoe can provide info. For a foreigner to marry a Myanmar citizens was complicated in the past since the Myanmar embassy would not issue a affirmation of permit to marry a foreigner since it was against the law but that may of changed now.

For marriage to Thai man there would be no financial proof needed for her to apply for a extension of stay. Her husband would need to show some proof of income but not that great amount and that can vary from office to office.

General requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure about that. The 2 weeks sounds like a 14 day visa exempt entry if she was to enter by air.

If she was to apply for a tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Yangon it would allow the standard 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

No sure what the requirements are for a Myanmar citizen to marry a Thai. I am sure the local Amphoe can provide info. For a foreigner to marry a Myanmar citizens was complicated in the past since the Myanmar embassy would not issue a affirmation of permit to marry a foreigner since it was against the law but that may of changed now.

For marriage to Thai man there would be no financial proof needed for her to apply for a extension of stay. Her husband would need to show some proof of income but not that great amount and that can vary from office to office.

General requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18 

Thanks UbonJoe for your precise and clear information,

I have time to arrange things so I will begin with the local Amphoe but I have to tread carefully due to her current Thai Status.

I will get my friend to check with the Thai Embassy in Yangon exactly what they are willing to issue.

She would initially be going back via a Northern Thai Land crossing as her family are in that area, this is where my son originally met her.

If she returned via Land would this change the 60 day Visa.?

ie Does she only get 60 days if she comes in by Air.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, Siam Bruce said:

If she returned via Land would this change the 60 day Visa.?

With a tourist visa issued by the embassy it be a 60 day entry by air or land.

Note thought that the land entry would need to be at a permanent crossing where immigration is at. Mae Sot or Mae Sai for example.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

With a tourist visa issued by the embassy it be a 60 day entry by air or land.

Note thought that the land entry would need to be at a permanent crossing where immigration is at. Mae Sot or Mae Sai for example.

Thanks , she was planning to use Mae Sai as that is nearest to her home, we hope she has no problems on the way out, Burmese side should be okay as she has her ID etc.