Phuket Opinion: Cashing in on the ‘Smart City’

webfact

Phuket Opinion: Cashing in on the ‘Smart City’

By The Phuket News

1552711742_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana (right) stands on stage at the DEPA’s Smart City Thailand Takeoff event in Bangkok earlier this month. Photo: DEPA

PHUKET: It’s been a long time coming, and on Monday (Mar 11) we heard it again: The government is gearing up to achieve its target of 30 smart cities in 24 provinces, including Phuket, by next year and hopes to transform 100 cities nationwide to smart cities by 2022.

That’s no joke, after more than 10 years of banter and talk of big budgets to bring our island to the forefront of technology, or say the pundits claim.

The city data platform for smart city implementation is set to launch this year, facilitating the transformation, while at least 100 e-services are expected to be provided to the public by 2022, a press event event in Bangkok led by Deputy Prime Minister Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong, who is also currently the chairman of the government’s National Smart City Committee.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-opinion-cashing-in-on-the-smart-city-70736.php#omY4Xm1WKpdww4hv.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-18

{quote} But there has been one thing the Smart City porject so far  has excelled at, and that is getting big number budgets thrown around as if the money fell from the sky. To that, to ask exactly who has benefited from the Smart City initiative so far, we’ll let you decide. {unquote}

This article seems to highlight the details of how spin doctoring of an 'in phrase' does nothing in reality, apart from create photo-opportunities and endless waffle, while wasting public money.

Oh, Phuket! And there was me thinking Agenda 21/2030, the globalist wet dream vision of how the sheeple will be living a couple of decades or so from now, would never reach Thailand.

How wrong I was, with LOS' most popular island resort at the epicenter of a tomorrow which will see us all - if the Davos elite have their way - crammed into high-rise, high-density "smart cities" where we own nothing and are subject to total round-the-clock surveillance and control.

Don't believe me? Do your own digging by Googleing "Smart Cities Agenda 21". You should come across a jubilant World Economic Forum Global Agenda report on what is in store for us all, headlined, Welcome to 2030. I own nothing, have no privacy and life has never been better.

Meanwhile, this video offers a glimpse of the brave new world just around the corner. Seeing is believing.

Archived