Update 18th March visa online booking system Royal Thai Embassy Vientiane

we noted that now, at 17:06, all slots for the 9th April have been taken already. Whoever play with the system gives all of us a headache. At noon 108 slots free and now all slots taken. we assume that by tomorrow also the 10th April will be fully booked. We thought that with implementation of using real email and passport data the system will become better, but it looks like the opposite and soon the Embassy will be deserted.  A message to Embassy was not answered yet. As situation , IMHO, is out of hands I can not see how the situation can be improved as we do not know what is the action plan inside the Embassy. We will report back if some real news will be announced. 

9 at 1400.JPG

9 at 1632.png

9 at 1707.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kishnanakishna said:

I almost can't believe in this is real.

Been here twice and had no idea about the new online requirements. Would not have came.

What are the options then. Fly to another country or go to Savannaket?

The options is vietnam or phillipines for easy visa and similar to thailand!

1 minute ago, Bohlaan said:

The options is vietnam or phillipines for easy visa and similar to thailand!

Thanks. 

The problem is I was not looking for an easy visa. I am getting a non-B for a work permit, so all of my paperwork mentions Vientiane (I know, I know, I should have checked in advance). Just never thought in a million years it would all move online. 

I have been here multiple times before. 

Trying to pull some strings with some friends I have here and then will head to the airport. Doh!

4 hours ago, kishnanakishna said:

Thanks. 

The problem is I was not looking for an easy visa. I am getting a non-B for a work permit, so all of my paperwork mentions Vientiane (I know, I know, I should have checked in advance). Just never thought in a million years it would all move online. 

I have been here multiple times before. 

Trying to pull some strings with some friends I have here and then will head to the airport. Doh!

TIT... Have you ever seen a Thai website that worked and really made things easier? I haven't. Well, at least the booking site doesn't look like it's from the 90's...