Two injured after stepping on suspected mines at a Krabi island

webfact

Two injured after stepping on suspected mines at a Krabi island

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

1552915633232-2-1024x575.jpg

Two Thai men have sustained serious injuries after stepping on a mine at an island near Ao Nang, Krabi.

The Ao Nang Police were notified about the two men being injured from the incident in Ao Nang at 6pm last night.

35 year old Somchaai Longj sustained injuries on his legs, shoulder and a broken leg from the explosion and was taken to Krabi Hospital. The other injured person was 25 year old Boonrod Thongdee who was taken to a hospital in Phang Nga.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/krabi/two-injured-after-stepping-on-suspected-mines-at-a-krabi-island

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-19

This tops my list of outlandish things I have read in my time here, land mines are still injuring people in Cambodia but on an Island in the middle of a tourist area defies belief.  This is Thailand !!!.

"At this stage police speculate that the bomb might belong to a company who received a concession to produce and farm bird nets. They speculate they might have placed the mines to prevent and deter thieves" 

What kind of scumbag thinks that this is acceptable? 

16 hours ago, seahorse said:

"At this stage police speculate that the bomb might belong to a company who received a concession to produce and farm bird nets. They speculate they might have placed the mines to prevent and deter thieves" 

What kind of scumbag thinks that this is acceptable? 

How many times have we read guys on TVF posting about booby-trapping their yard, or their field, or their home to deter thieves?  I'm not condoning it because it IS despicable.  But you don't have to swing a very big dead cat to hit one of the scumbags you refer to.

6 hours ago, impulse said:

How many times have we read guys on TVF posting about booby-trapping their yard, or their field, or their home to deter thieves?  I'm not condoning it because it IS despicable.  But you don't have to swing a very big dead cat to hit one of the scumbags you refer to.

I haven't read any. What am I missing? 

On 3/21/2019 at 2:18 AM, seahorse said:
On 3/20/2019 at 7:29 PM, impulse said:

I haven't read any. What am I missing? 

Post up a question asking how to keep thieves from siphoning gas from your scooter at night, or how to keep them from stealing fruit from trees in your yard.  Or better yet, how to keep thieves from stealing you blind while you're on holiday back home.

You'll see...

Archived