Moving to Bangkok from Singapore

Hi all, I hope I can get some guidance here. 

I am 29yr old looking to relocate from Singapore to Bangkok. 

I have been working in Singapore for 5years in quality engineering in automotive industry. 

I am looking similar jobs (if possible) in Bangkok. 

The reason behind is my husband is relocated to Bangkok, and I think I would like to give it a try so that we both can stay together in Bangkok. 

Any advise where should I kick start? Will be appreciate for your feedback.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:12 PM, LiuMY said:

The reason behind is my husband is relocated to Bangkok

Could be a married male couple, but I didn't get that impression.  I might be wrong, my crystal ball is in the shop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Just a humble suggestion... How about starting by placing an Add. in the "Situations Wanted" columbs...or look up the.."Situations Vacant" columns?

One of the English language papers in Bangkok used to have adds for expert positions for foreigners, I think the best of them is the other than The Nation (I'm not allowed to mention name in this forum).

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

From the OP’s thread I was wondering how you assumed it’s written by a female? 

Perfectly normal assumption to make. Regardless of what you may think the overwhelming majority of relationships are male and female. It's only in the LGBT and PC community that same sex relationships seem to be the norm.

When I smoked pot many years ago I thought everyone smoked pot. They didn't. I think the same mindset occurs in the LGBT arena. We often see posts on this forum by openly gay guys ( and good for them) who seem to suggest every heterosexual male is really gay but won't admit it. Guess what... they aren't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Perfectly normal assumption to make. Regardless of what you may think the overwhelming majority of relationships are male and female. It's only in the LGBT and PC community that same sex relationships seem to be the norm.

When I smoked pot many years ago I thought everyone smoked pot. They didn't. I think the same mindset occurs in the LGBT arena. We often see posts on this forum by openly gay guys ( and good for them) who seem to suggest every heterosexual male is really gay but won't admit it. Guess what... they aren't.

We are different I’m from Massachusetts and some say it’s very liberal/different  etc lol. When I read this post maybe I was being biased but it seemed to me to be texted by a male ( for one reason the job currently they have and another reason that females rarely post here). Now you know my mind set and where I’m coming from.

I usually think I’m very low in the pc scale as well. But I also completely disagree that very pc or how can I say this very lgbt people think that same sex relationships are the norm.  That seems like almost insane to me. 

I also have never posted in the gay forum here ever. I do think just one poster ( or maybe a very small handful of posters ) MAY think most straight guys are gay. That poster probably represents about .00001 percent of the gay population! That poster is also a d*#k head. 

Soo getting back to marijuana ????

I smoked pot many years ago and I smoke pot now still ( not when I’m in Thailand because it’s crappy ) but when I’m home 1/2 the year and again ( sorry to disagree with you ) I find most people DO smoke pot. We now have 13 legal shops in my state selling very good quality weed, edibles , vapes etc. I have already seen the HUGE diversity of people who go to these shops and in my own circle of friends from co workers , to neighbors , to family members to people I talk to in bars , to my lawyer, doctor , to grad students and professionals who I meet through my line of work etc etc. They almost all smoke weed. It’s just a very good medicine and much safer than alcohol. 

I appreciated your post but I hope you paint me in a slightly different perspective now that I responded to you. 

Please don’t EVER let one poster on a forum influence you too much. I hope you understand what I am saying. 

Thanks. 

PS I started this post saying we are very different but I bet if you ever met me you would probably think differently. 

Edited by alex8912

On 3/28/2019 at 5:33 AM, uffe123 said:

All I can say is good luck, with the recent and new immigration rules. why would anyone want to come to Amazing Thailand. Yim

Please don't listen to disgruntled old gits who have no idea of what they are talking about. The new immigration rules don't effect anyone who is here legally (work permit) and not retired. There are plenty of jobs for talented individuals here in Thailand, if you make the effort to look.

Good luck!