Road carnage continues: 56 killed yesterday. March: 1110 dead. Year total: 3,704

webfact

Road carnage continues: 56 killed yesterday. March: 1110 dead. Year total: 3,704

9pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that the latest road casualties in Thailand on Tuesday were 56 dead at the scene. 

They cautioned that the figure would rise when deaths at hospitals were added to the figures. 

This is about average for a day on Thai roads that are some of the most dangerous in the world. 

They picked up on a couple of incidents to highlight the dangers. One was a pick-up whose driver was killed after he lost control in Kuiburi, Prajuab Khiri Khan. 

9pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police said that rain and slippery conditions contributed to that accident. 

CCTV footage showed another pick-up that was hit by a train at a level crossing. They did not report what happened to the driver. 

The latest accidents brought the death toll for March to 1110 and the total since the start of the year to 3,704. 

Daily News report the figures every day in an effort to raise awareness. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-27

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

CCTV footage showed another pick-up that was hit by a train at a level crossing. They did not report what happened to the driver. 

Not sure, but seems a person thrown out of the cabin.

Of course not buckled up.

Only tank traps could stop such an idiot trying to drive through.

Stop signs, flashing lights, alarm bells? Kid's stuff.

Rain and slippery conditions the cause, How about highlighting speed and not reducing speed in wet conditions the major cause, Thai's will not slow down even when it is very heavy, Many times I have reduced my speed to a safe speed to then have a idiot tailgating me and trying to force me out of the way.

I thought the Greeks and Italians were maniac drivers, but Thai driving skills top the lot. 

No care. 

Lack of awareness. 

No respect for the law. 

Poor police enforcement. 

Poor road management. 

No respect for other road users and pedestrians alike. 

Lack of education, critical thinking. 

Me. Me. Me f... you greedy attitude... 

They seem to be in a constant trance, a battle, wanting to win, be first, especially the crazy Thai motorcyclists. 

Big egos, small.... 

NEXT...... about as newsworthy as my bowel movements.

At least the trainee doctors have plenty of fresh cadavers to work on & the trauma surgeons get plenty of practice/experience, quickly. 

In fact the surgeons would be useful in war torn countries as they would be able to deal with mass casualties and catastrophic injuries.

4 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Pretty much the same in the UK now too..... but probably not the 'laziness' part.  

Not as far as road deaths in the UK goes. The most recent annual figure was 1770, which Thailand with a similar population can pretty much match in just a month.

And so it goes on.

In the last 5 years a comprehensive learner driving school could have been introduced to every town throughout Thailand. Actual mandatory 50 hours of driving instruction before taking a certified driving test by an independent instructor.

But we all know what the junta have been busy doing !

And we all know what Thai drivers want, spend most of a single day at a licence centre, watch a video, complete a written test, pay the money & go out on the road with no experience whatsoever!

Don't expect the road death rate to drop anytime soon.

I always said don’t let a Thai entity get anywhere near anything with an engine ! They should be banned from driving altogether and sent back to the jungle before they’re allowed to a proper driving training course.

What I hate the most is that they have no consideration towards other people on the roads, what’s wrong with looking left/right and up/down before you attempt to drive on a main road for that matter ?! Let them kill themselves they’re are too many criminals on the roads killing people by car/buse/ trucks and whatever else is on the roads, please keep well away from westerners ???? 

I reckon, way more people must die on the roads before the so called police take some action-s

Absolutely useless and reckless they are ???? 

6 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Pretty much the same in the UK now too..... but probably not the 'laziness' part.  

im not suprised someone just had to compare thailand to their country, despite its huge differences.

Sorry, but other things to worry about.... to much work to handle in establishing new red tape rules for those pesky farangs and their visa extensions... also very time consuming to hunt down those dangerous burmese cooks working with no permits in Pad Thai restaurants....

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said that rain and slippery conditions contributed to that accident. 

No that is not the problem 

thai people driving high speed what ever the condition of the weather and roads

Police need to stop Thai insanity and tell the truth 

Start pay attention to the traffic and drive slowly and safely and ofcores drive with out alcohol /drugs in your blood 

More traffic police and bigger fines 

Start now with inforce the laws confiscate their cars and bikes if not paying the fines 

18 minutes ago, wisperone said:

So what is the death rate on Italian roads, where does it rank on countries chart? Number don't lie. 

I looked it up.

2013 figures...Road Fatalities per 100k inhabitants.

Thailand 36.2. Of course doesn't count those who die after the scene.

Italy 6.1

Australia 5.4

USA 10.9

UK 2.9

Archived