Mood On The Board Deteriorating

Pepe'

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You love Thailand? Why not be more kind-hearted, compassionate, patient and gentle.

Real men are not defined buy their pseudo-macho jobs or there bullying, thoughtless

behaviour.

A real man protects those that are weaker or not able to protect themselves. Not ridicule them.

Have you ever heard the expression, "Practice what you preach"?

There is nothing "kind-hearted" about calling a good, saving profession like a fireman a "pseudo-macho job". It is a nasty, uncalled for slur. Terry saves peoples lives. :o

You love Thailand? Why not be more kind-hearted, compassionate, patient and gentle.

Real men are not defined buy their pseudo-macho jobs or there bullying, thoughtless

behaviour.

A real man protects those that are weaker or not able to protect themselves. Not ridicule them.

There is nothing "kind-hearted" about calling a good, saving profession like a fireman a "pseudo-macho job". It is a nasty, uncalled for slur. Terry saves peoples lives. :o

Yeah, I'd like that guy to call those NYC Firemen who went into the burning twin towers on 9/11 ' pseudo-macho'! :D

From reading some of the posts on this board it would appear that the correct way to return is to arm yourself with a new handle, avatar, and persona, and then troll with the sort of vengeance that only the unjustly treated can muster....

There's a lot of them around... :o

And if they continue to behave in the way that got them banned in the first place they will be banned again. Eventually even the terminally stupid realise that if they want to carry on being a part of TV they need to fit in with the general atmosphere of the place.

From reading some of the posts on this board it would appear that the correct way to return is to arm yourself with a new handle, avatar, and persona, and then troll with the sort of vengeance that only the unjustly treated can muster....

And if they continue to behave in the way that got them banned in the first place they will be banned again. Eventually even the terminally stupid realise that if they want to carry on being a part of TV they need to fit in with the general atmosphere of the place.

For sure.

For sure.

Oh yes indeed :D

For sure.

Begbie...sorry, Lampy doesn't agree? :D

For sure.

If you're implying that I have two niks on this board then I think I'm due an apology. The poster calling himself Begbie appears to have some extreme right wing views. Do you have a mirror handy ?

For your benefit, I was questioning why you needed to increase your post count with inane one liners.

There's a lot of them around... :D

For sure.

If you're implying that I have two niks on this board then I think I'm due an apology. The poster calling himself Begbie appears to have some extreme right wing views. Do you have a mirror handy ?

Not at all, bud! :D

You might have two niks but not both here... :o

Edited by Boon Mee

behaviour.

The demanding nature of your job does not make you a tower of masculinity from which you can talk down to lesser mortals. Right now I'm translating operating instructions for a factory fire security system, mundane I grant, but does that not represent a potential life saver too? If I get it wrong, people, including Terry's counterparts, might perish. Whatever, I don't feel entitled to belittle people, however humble they may be and my comment is bang on track as far as I'm concerned. So, UG, you root for the superiors and I'll stand by the little man who probably has just as much worth IMHO, if not more.

Edited by qwertz

behaviour.

There is nothing "kind-hearted" about calling a good, saving profession like a fireman a "pseudo-macho job". It is a nasty, uncalled for slur. Terry saves peoples lives. :D

The demanding nature of your job does not make you a tower of masculinity from which you can talk down to lesser mortals. Right now I'm translating operating instructions for a factory fire security system, mundane I grant, but does that not represent a potential life saver too? If I get it wrong, people, including Terry's counterparts, might perish. Whatever, I don't feel entitled to belittle people, however humble they may be and my comment is bang on track as far as I'm concerned. So, UG, you root for the superiors and I'll stand by the little man who probably has just as much worth IMHO, if not more.

Sorry, but I've never seen Terry bragging or making any big deal out of his job, so I'm not really sure what you are talking about.

He has mentioned his job as I have mentioned mine and you have mentioned yours, but where has he insinuated that it makes him superior to anyone else? :o

behaviour.

There is nothing "kind-hearted" about calling a good, saving profession like a fireman a "pseudo-macho job". It is a nasty, uncalled for slur. Terry saves peoples lives. :D

Sorry, but I've never seen Terry bragging or making any big deal out of his job, so I'm not really sure what you are talking about.

He has mentioned his job as I have mentioned mine and you have mentioned yours, but where has he insinuated that it makes him superior to anyone else? :o

He has mentioned it on more than one occasion. And if I'm not mistaken it's also advertised under his avatar.

I have friends that are fire fighters here and in NYC.

If you knew what went on behind the scenes you would be shocked. Many of the "heros" were almost indicted for things they did at the WTC but it was covered up.

Solent1, you were the one who requested that your own thread be closed, and we did. Reposting all the details here is just asking for responses like Lannarebirth's above, and both of you are off-topic. Keep it out of this thread, please.

:o

:D also, but not totally off topic, I digressed, but my point is valid with the topic...... lannarebirth and I will continue with this via PM.

Edited by solent01

behaviour.

Yeah, I'd like that guy to call those NYC Firemen who went into the burning twin towers on 9/11 ' pseudo-macho'! :D

How incredibly rude and unthinking of me.

Maybe you should get a room with some of these fire men...

This thread is deteriorating again!

Maybe the best thing about this thread is that while people a busy venting their spleen in here the rest of the forum is relatively peaceful.

Just to keep things balanced, I agree with the views put forward by Pepe and qwertz, there are some posters that do bully newbies and get away with it, they jump in with sarcastic and holier than thou attitudes and when question on their stance, respond with well practiced veiled insults and self aggrandizing statements, got forbid should some of their buddies join in 'cos then it's tag team time on the hapless new poster, who will either give up bitterly or retort in a manner that gets him banned.

Oh 'life is tough' I hear certain members say already and 'if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen'

I've learned to ignore these members, but sometimes I see them up to their tricks and help out the victim. That's not my job though.

I'm not talking about back slapping cameraderie hi-jacking threads, I'm talking about certain members who know how to bend the rules and get away with personal attacks.

I propose a sandbox and if you have more than 150 posts you can't post in there, newbies will still be able to go into all forums, but will have a safe area to learn the ropes and try out ideas without getting shot down, I think this would also help some fresh ideas flourish in TV.I can see only a few minor negatives to this idea and a lot of major positives, anybody agree? If so I'm sure we can ask for it in forum support.

Maybe the best thing about this thread is that while people a busy venting their spleen in here the rest of the forum is relatively peaceful.

Just to keep things balanced, I agree with the views put forward by Pepe and qwertz, there are some posters that do bully newbies and get away with it, they jump in with sarcastic and holier than thou attitudes and when question on their stance, respond with well practiced veiled insults and self aggrandizing statements, got forbid should some of their buddies join in 'cos then it's tag team time on the hapless new poster, who will either give up bitterly or retort in a manner that gets him banned.

Oh 'life is tough' I hear certain members say already and 'if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen'

I've learned to ignore these members, but sometimes I see them up to their tricks and help out the victim. That's not my job though.

If you see this sort of situation developing your best bet is to hit the 'Report' button to alert the mods.

I'm not talking about back slapping cameraderie hi-jacking threads, I'm talking about certain members who know how to bend the rules and get away with personal attacks.

I propose a sandbox and if you have more than 150 posts you can't post in there, newbies will still be able to go into all forums, but will have a safe area to learn the ropes and try out ideas without getting shot down, I think this would also help some fresh ideas flourish in TV.I can see only a few minor negatives to this idea and a lot of major positives, anybody agree? If so I'm sure we can ask for it in forum support.

A very good idea, Robski, and most salient is your point that if the wags are here they're not targeting the other threads where humble starters are posting their innocent quests for information. We might even be permitted to state our case in old guard terms with a slightly more flexible flaming ban hanging over our heads, because I for one am only just learning the difference between au fait and naff. I'll get with it in time.

Anyway it's good to talk but when are people going to learn that expat doesn't necessarily mean in Thailand and could well mean someone like me on my side of the world with an interest in the place who was an expat there before some OPs (whose names, please note, I will not mention) grew facial hair. There's a middle way here if only both sides would see it, it's called a forum. There are other ways to disagree than just being disagreeable.

I hope you mods out there (for whom I have the utmost respect, also for the job you do) are reading this in the spirit it was intended. BTW, this is not a put down on TV, I've seen a lot worse on other boards. It would be a shame if this board became the same.

Edited by qwertz

I still don't see Pepe putting anyone down here, in fact the mood in those old posts looks anything but derogatory to BMs. Sharing his memoirs seems like a friendly gesture to me. We've all done it haven't we, in fact I'm a little envious, not having had such a generous mix of nationalites. And at least this will shoot down certain insinuations about manliness. These posts are off track and belong on another thread anyway, there may be innocents reading it at this very moment. Tch tch.

there may be innocents reading it at this very moment. Tch tch.

Who was the Tch Tch aimed at? Me or Pepe', after all he was the one who originaly posted them in the general forum. :o

Anyway, it's starting to get light now so i'm off for a run in Lumpini park.

Edited by Acquiesce

No wish to antagonise, A, but those posts were nothing to do with this thread. I'm sure you wouldn't be offended by the content, I meant there are ladies on this board too. It's clear that the mods were also not favourably impressed. Enjoy your jog.

don't tell us your id, just tell us your old post count.

Was it high or low?

I joined T.Visa when the Isaan forum opened up via an invitation from a local foreigner who told me about it.

At the time the forum for me was not very orderly as happens with new projects of this nature, hence the initial chaos and lack of wanting to understand each others views in a rational manner.

After leaving it for awhile i would log back on from time to time to see how it was developing, then logged off for a considerable time.

On trying to log back on without success i Pm,d about it, never got any feed back so rejoined again, having to use my present I.D as i couldn,t use my original one ????

Another computer glitch i guess.

Some time later i read a post relating to dual membership and pm,d about my situation but again never had any response so thought it must be o.k. in my case.

I was NEVER banned or suspended by the way.

I reckon at that time you had to do something really serious to achieve this status. :o

Even then T.Visa was the best of it,s kind as far as i remember.

It didn,t suit me personally due to the constant attacking of other members which was par for the coarse at the time on all forums, not only T.Visa.

Now Admin have matured the concept and we have, thanks again to them, is a great informative and helpful platform to use at our pleasure.

Nothing condescending or grovelling here......... Just fact as i and thousands of others see it everytime we use it.

marshbags :D:D

Edited by marshbags

behaviour.

He has mentioned his job as I have mentioned mine and you have mentioned yours, but where has he insinuated that it makes him superior to anyone else? :D

He has mentioned it on more than one occasion. And if I'm not mistaken it's also advertised under his avatar.

I have friends that are fire fighters here and in NYC.

If you knew what went on behind the scenes you would be shocked. Many of the "heros" were almost indicted for things they did at the WTC but it was covered up.

Let's see if I have this right, not only is a fireman a "pseudo-macho job", but most most of them are sc*mbags as well? Weren't you lecturing Terry about being more kindhearted and compassionate? :o