TM30 (Own Condo)

Lots of news about the potential TM30 reporting penalties so I want to clarify .......

I own my own condo in BKK which I live in.

I'm on a 12 month extension (retirement), from CW

Do I need to submit a TM30 as the owner to advise Immigration that I live there?

Edited by MichaelJohn

ON my last extension they wanted to see an TM30. I not had a new TM30 when entering Thailand last time and this was accepted.

I am not sure yet when really have to do a new TM30 (only once, when entering Thailand, everytime when leave home 24 hours).

But as I just learned you also can submit TM30 by mail, maybe next time I leave and reenter Thailand will try to submit by mail, as this is not much a hassle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MichaelJohn said:

Do I need to submit a TM30 as the owner

I was always under the belief that the manager of the condo block was required to file the TM 30?

The home owner or property manager has the tenant or guest fill out the form then they file the form in-person with the immigration office.

Edited by Rally123

1 hour ago, Rally123 said:

I was always under the belief that the manager of the condo block was required to file the TM 30?

Either the "owner" of the condo would be responsible, or the tenant.  Some managers / agents may help facilitate this.  The "who is responsible" question involves "house master" "possessor" and other terms in the statute - but the bottom line is this: 

If immigration don't get their TM-30 (possibly with a fine), they will refuse to do anything else for you.  Therefore, it is best you see to it that it is filed. 

Each office has different rules on when it must be filed, and this may depend on the type of extension one has.  Some allow a few days, others fine if not within 24 hours (or first day the immigration office is open). 

Some offices require you re-register each time you leave/return, even if the travel was within Thailand.  Others only if the travel was international.  Others only if returning to a different address than last time.

It is clear, given the above, why no one knows what they are "supposed to do," unless they are told directly by the immigration office covering their residence.  Even then, one never knows if the office will do a rule-change, and fine for doing what they said was OK last time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1