Motorbike passenger dies in accident with minivan in Thalang

webfact

Motorbike passenger dies in accident with minivan in Thalang

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

107766-1024x768.jpg

A motorbike passenger has died after a motorbike, he was travelling as pillion, collided with a minivan in Thalang.

The Thalang Police were notified of the incident at 5.20am yesterday on Paklok – Mueang Mai Road in Paklok, Thalang.

Police and emergency responders arrived to find a motorbike crashed on the road. The motorbike driver, 26 year old Orrachun Kongkaew (wearing a helmet) from Trang had sustained injuries and was taken to hospital. His passenger, 42 year old Chakrit Tahtat (not wearing a helmet) from Trang, died at the scene.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/motorbike-passenger-dies-in-accident-with-minivan-in-thalang

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-28

56 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Or it just depends how you hit the vehicle I guess.

Without a helmet 30 km/h is more than enough if you are unlucky.

On the other hand you can fall at 80 km/h, slide over the tarmac and get away with bruises.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

As I was recently enlightened by an advanced member when I made an inquiry as to the extreme stupidity and inconsistency when trying to open a bank account here.  

NOTHING, absolutely nothing you/we can do.  This is life in the "Thunder dome".  To the Thais, It does not matter how unhappy you are, this ignorance "WILL" continue at all costs/consequences.  You and I only need to make one easy choice: stay or leave....

IMG_2324 2.JPG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, freedomnow said:

What kind of speed do you have to be going to die in a head-on collision...mainly over 30kmph ?

If you are stupid enough not to wear a helmet, as is the case here, then even a tumble at 5KPH can cause terminal head trauma.

11 hours ago, freedomnow said:

What kind of speed do you have to be going to die in a head-on collision...mainly over 30kmph ?

even when not moving at all, any unlucky fall on a hard surface from a height from as little as one meter can kill.

Yes, actually that happened to me, but luckily helmet on.

Idiot came up wrong side of a lane and though going about 20km/ph the slam like a door closing when the front wheel slid out had me seeing double...got the usual grinning idiot 'oh sorry, sorry' and lived to see another day thanks to that helmet.

9 hours ago, manarak said:

even when not moving at all, any unlucky fall on a hard surface from a height from as little as one meter can kill.

True...................that happened to a friends son when he fell off his pushbike. Cracked his skull on the kerb and died. Sad.