Hotels In Bangkok And Travelling

mongo

Just a few queries, me and a mate will be traveling to Bangkok on the 10th June. Its our first time to Thailand and Asia. We are looking for some reasonably priced accomodation 300-450 baht. In the centre, somewhere comfortable, dont mind if its in a lively area, any recommendations?. We'll only be there till just after Englands first game.

After there we will be travelling down South, probably Krabi first, which is the best way to travel down South, bus or train? We're looking for the most stress free comfortable option but still reasonably priced. If anyone knows the rough prices tha'll be great :o

Ive also realised we'll be in Thailand during the rainy season. Does it rain all day, is there still sun, can you still swim. Any info will be very gratefully received. , as you can see I know very little so any replies/ helpful tips would be great. :D

HOTELS BKK: if u really wish to be in the centre, Bht 400,00 could be difficult unless u decide to stay KaoSanRoad (Bht 300-600 no problem, even with pool).

KRABI: quite expensive accomodation (have been there 3 weeks ago). Suggest u take a day or so (have amotobike for rent) and search by yourself. DO NOT ACCEPT Taxi driver recommendations!

TRAVEL TO KRABI: maybe I was lucky, but I got a (Thai Airways) flight for Bht 1300,00 (one way), otherwise - no train, only bus or mini-bus. and again: KaoSan travel agents will offer you the best deals...

have fun!!!