What Vaccines Do My Chickens Need ?

Many owners of chickens do not vaccinate birds in Thailand - this is a risk to your own birds and if you do not carry out vaccination of your own chickens it is a risk to other peoples birds.

Obviously there is also the risk of chicken diseases that can affect humans.

I would suggest that you talk with local people first about what they vaccinate against.

Ask the seller of the birds to you what, if any, vaccinations they used; for example Newcastle at day old.

Do not visit other farms until your own birds are vaccinated.

Whatever the govt vets say diseases such as bird flu have been / are here and as we are entering the rainy season it is important to try, if not already too late, to protect your own birds and family. 

If there is a local farmers or farm vet ask them for advice.

Good luck

There is a huge difference within the size of the flock, its housing, the investment and the returns on this. 

For me, I had a flock of 30-40 Rhode Island Reds. I bought my original birds from an expat that had raised them to a bit before laying age. I had the local vet check them out and that was it. They were healthy disease free birds. The flock was replaced from within and I did not introduce any others. No vaccinations ever. They were not in contact with other birds. Happy days, 300 eggs per year.

But there other members on this forum who have thousands of birds raised on contract, that is a different story that hopefully they will tell you about. Climatic conditions, density etc,, make it chalk and cheese. 

Archived