Family visa

Is there such a thing as a 'family visa"?

A guy who before had a Non O based on marriage, has said he now has a family visa.

I'm guessing it's still a Non O, but wonder perhaps if it's now a different extension? He has a couple of dependent Thai kids as well.

Maybe he's got someone to sort it out for him and they've described it to him incorrectly?

It could be a week or so before I see him, and I don't know if he'll be willing to show me his passport.

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Is there such a thing as a 'family visa"?

A guy who before had a Non O based on marriage, has said he now has a family visa.

I'm guessing it's still a Non O, but wonder perhaps if it's now a different extension? He has a couple of dependent Thai kids as well.

Maybe he's got someone to sort it out for him and they've described it to him incorrectly?

Yes.

Whether applying for an extension as a spouse or parent you are applying as a family member.

I have seen a few extension permits with ‘family’ noted as the reason for the extension, but I suspect that only happens when children are involved.

It doesn’t matter whether the IO writes, spouse, married, parent, or family, it’s the same end result.

• Sad 1

From the police order listing the available extensions;

“2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted 
children, or spouse’s children):”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1