Air pollution surpasses measurable levels

webfact

Since this country still lives in an ecological stone age without environmental conscious. ... I would say this hardcore lesson of mother nature is very good wakeup call, to really start to get the awareness.

Now the Thai garbage already pollutes international oceans, so they can not talk like.... "This is Thailand, this is our country if you do not like it leave it".

This time hopefully many tourist change their destinations.

Anyway, who wants to make a holiday in a toxic polluted air??

12 minutes ago, CGW said:

It was never my intention to disprove your statement, I asked you for facts, meaning give some measurable data, you haven't come up with anything, wrong tire pressures would have more affect on increasing air pollution in a petrol engine than oil quality, which if you recall, is what this thread is about ???? 

I suggest you go back and read my first post, i came into this stating that there are other far greater causes of increased emissions, its really not my fault if you want to pick up half way through and make silly assumptions as to what was being said.

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I suggest you go back and read my first post, i came into this stating that there are other far greater causes of increased emissions, its really not my fault if you want to pick up half way through and make silly assumptions as to what was being said.

OK, "newer petrol engines are still affected due to the change in viscosity changing efficiency" your words, please explain how this effects emissions in any measurable way? I stated I did not understand how oil viscosity effects emissions, please produce factual evidence that it does?

I am "assuming" that you are stating that the change in viscosity in the oil effects emissions, if you didn't mean that?..............

5 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

Since this country still lives in an ecological stone age without environmental conscious. ... I would say this hardcore lesson of mother nature is very good wakeup call, to really start to get the awareness.

Now the Thai garbage already pollutes international oceans, so they can not talk like.... "This is Thailand, this is our country if you do not like it leave it".

This time hopefully many tourist change their destinations.

Anyway, who wants to make a holiday in a toxic polluted air??

You may think it should be a wake up call, however it is well within living memory that 1 in 10 babies died, 1 in 10 mothers died giving birth and life expectancy was under 60.  Times are good, the hospital is free, people are rsgularly living into their 90's, unless that turns back around then why would they change?  Not many profit directly from tourism, far more from farming.

1 minute ago, CGW said:

OK, "newer petrol engines are still affected due to the change in viscosity changing efficiency" your words, please explain how this effects emissions in any measurable way? I stated I did not understand how oil viscosity effects emissions, please produce factual evidence that it does?

I am "assuming" that you are stating that the change in viscosity in the oil effects emissions, if you didn't mean that?..............

The viscosity effects the friction, i am sure you can grasp that the thicker something is the more resistance it creates, more resistence means more fuel to create the same power output which means more emissions, I cant understand why youre not getting it again, especially considering you yourself made the same claim a few posts ago!  This really is getting dull tbough, read my first post, read your own post which concurred with what I am saying, im done.

14 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The viscosity effects the friction, i am sure you can grasp that the thicker something is the more resistance it creates, more resistence means more fuel to create the same power output which means more emissions, I cant understand why youre not getting it again, especially considering you yourself made the same claim a few posts ago!  This really is getting dull tbough, read my first post, read your own post which concurred with what I am saying, im done.

I fail to grasp why you keep coming out with the same nonsense, friction v viscosity what about the effects of heat? it causes oil to shear/crack - its immeasurable its so negligible, come up with facts, as a retired engineer I would expect nonsense like this from a first year student, but at least they have the sense to learn & admit they were wrong or admit they are unable to back up their facts!

You seem to be under the impression that oil gets a higher viscosity when it is old, not so - it breaks down and losses its lubricating properties, the loss of lubrication will increase wear on engine components, but by the time it adds any measurable load to the engine it will have seized

I'm done ???? 

Edited by CGW

Do I see it right, guys are fighting about effects of old oil on petrol car emissions, while that car is parked next to a burning field the size of a small country? Sounds like modern day climate change discussions.

• Like 1