Toad In The Hole

Great British Classic

Serves 4 or 2 GREEDY BASTARDS :o

8 Pork Sausages (I make my own skinless ones from minced pork, onion, mixed herb seasoning)

110g (4oz) Plain White Flour

300ml (½ pint) Milk

2 Small Eggs

1/2tsp Salt

1/4 ground pepper

4 tbsp spoons of quality cooking oil

. Place the flour in a bowl, then make a well in the centre, and break in the egg.

. Mix in half the milk using a wooden spoon, work the mixture until smooth, and then add the remaining milk.

. Beat or whisk until fully combined and the surface is covered with tiny bubbles.

. Place in fridge and allow to rest for 15 to 30 minutes, whisk again before use.

. Preheat oven to 230°C; 450°F: Gas 8

. Fry the sausages in a pan to lightly colour, ie ½ cooked

Place the oil in a small roasting tin and heat the oil until smoking hot then pour in the batter.

Add the sausages and place into the hot oven.

Bake for about 7-10 minutes at 230°C; 450°F: Gas 8, then reduce to 200°C; 400°F: Gas 6 and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the batter around the sausages has risen and is a deep golden brown.

Serve with steamed / boiled veg or chips with onion gravy

post-11711-1172971175_thumb.jpg post-11711-1172971304.gif

I know what we're having for tea tonight. I've got some of my Bunters chipolatas left in the freezer from the last pie run. I have made TITH in the past using a small yorkshire pudding tin with the sausages in the individual holes. Tonight it's going to be the beast. Yum yum. Thank you very much

Just tried your recipie, worked 100% quite possiblly the best toad in the whole I've ever had. Do you have any more recipes?

P.S. I added the salt and pepper when I had to wisk the batter for the second time.

Glad you enjoyed it, have you tried the Stuffed Hash Browns recipe I posted earlier ?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108209

• 2 months later...
Great British Classic

8 Pork Sausages (I make my own skinless ones from minced pork, onion, mixed herb seasoning)

300ml (½ pint) Milk

2 Small Eggs

1/2tsp Salt

1/4 ground pepper

. Place the flour in a bowl, then make a well in the centre, and break in the egg.

. Mix in half the milk using a wooden spoon, work the mixture until smooth, and then add the remaining milk.

. Beat or whisk until fully combined and the surface is covered with tiny bubbles.

. Place in fridge and allow to rest for 15 to 30 minutes, whisk again before use.

Place the oil in a small roasting tin and heat the oil until smoking hot then pour in the batter.

Bake for about 7-10 minutes at 230°C; 450°F: Gas 8, then reduce to 200°C; 400°F: Gas 6 and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the batter around the sausages has risen and is a deep golden brown.

Great recipe but any idea where I can get roasting tins....am in Samui and cannot find anywhere.

Great British Classic

300ml (½ pint) Milk

2 Small Eggs

1/2tsp Salt

1/4 ground pepper

Great recipe but any idea where I can get roasting tins....am in Samui and cannot find anywhere.

go to tesco they got pyrex ones or go to nathon the hardware store on the left just before veg market