Visa extension after 12 months

3 minutes ago, sotonfarang said:

i always worry that leaving it up to just a day or 2 before it expires they won`t allow me in or give me a short temporary visa.

You can easily wait until the Songkran madness is over.

Just to avoid misunderstanding: 26 April is the valid until date on the visa sticker?

(not the stamp from last entry)

Edited by KhunBENQ

Sticker (1 year visa obtained in the uk) is valid until 18th April but my TM6 card and re-entry stamp says 22nd expiry

You will have to do the entry on or before the 18th to get a new 90 day entry.

Sticker (1 year visa obtained in the uk) is valid until 18th Apri

But this is THE date that you have to obey.

Last date that you can do the border run would be 18 April!

I would then do it before the Songkran trouble starts.

Like early next week.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Okay huge thanks once again.

I will indeed go before songkran madness.

I hear alot of problems at Poipet for re-entry and usually go to baan pakard but wouldn`t mins seeing another place. Ok or just best avoided. I can get an online visa for Poipet which may be of benefit.

7 minutes ago, sotonfarang said:

Okay huge thanks once again.

I will indeed go before songkran madness.

I hear alot of problems at Poipet for re-entry and usually go to baan pakard but wouldn`t mins seeing another place. Ok or just best avoided. I can get an online visa for Poipet which may be of benefit.

I highly suggest you  avoid Poi Pet. They turned people away or refused entry and telling people to fly in.

Best to use Ban Pakad.

If in Bangkok the Ban Phu Nam Ron Crossing in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar is a good choice. You only need a border pass which only costs 500 baht and no big visa sticker. The total cost is 960 baht for transport across no mans land and back again that includes the fee for the border pass.

Ok thanks, will avoid it then. Just nosey/curious as to what the town is like but i can imagine its nothing I haven`t seen before. 

I am in Bang Saray nr Pattaya so Baan Pakard it is then, very easy there but odd now. Last time I tried not to use any agent as I never have before but couldn`t even find the office to do it myself. So handed passport over and within 20 mins I was gone and didn`t enter Cambodia myself. Cost about 1000 bht if I remember correctly.

The Myanmar option sounds great.

Thanks Joe