Under pressure, U.S. Justice Department defends handling of Mueller report

webfact

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And if anything, the real deep state are those that are protecting Trump at all costs. The full report should be released. What are they hiding? Who is Barr protecting? Which family member? Kind of reminds one of a Cosa Nostra film.

I don't think he cares at all about Trump or his family members. I think he cares about the interests he represents holding power. I think that's what any of them care about.

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And if anything, the real deep state are those that are protecting Trump at all costs. The full report should be released. What are they hiding? Who is Barr protecting? Which family member? Kind of reminds one of a Cosa Nostra film.

Who's Barr protecting ! I look at it differently ! What is Barr protecting ! The law!  he must abide by rules and regulations according to what Congress established in the Special Counsel Reg's. The same regs that the dems established in 1999 for the AG to follow and now they want to circumvent

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 2

Barr is protecting Donald it’s obvious that’s why he got the job in the first place.imo the senate should get the full report(the full Monty if you will)us common folk should get as much as possible without jeopardizing national security as far as protecting reputations if you work for Donald.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No! I think there are likely impeachable offenses in the report and Mueller intended CONGRESS to see the full report and decide for themselves. Particularly about obstruction of justice. Just because there are impeachable offenses doesn't mean congress should or will impeach. That's a political decision. They probably wouldn't because the Senate is in 45's corner. Many people get confused about the definition of impeachable offenses. They are not the same thing as indictable crimes. They can overlap but they don't need to.

you have zero factual proof of "impeachable" offenses or what Mueller intended or obstruction to something that didn't happen. the hyperbole is astounding.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

you have zero factual proof of "impeachable" offenses or what Mueller intended or obstruction to something that didn't happen. the hyperbole is astounding.

Release the unredacted report to congress. What are 45 fans afraid of? The truth? 

Would Mueller knowing his assessment in the report was not getting out, that Trump is guilty of so many bad, bad things. Would we not be hearing him come forward. I have yet to hear Mueller speak.....Why?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Release the unredacted report to congress. What are 45 fans afraid of? The truth? 

you will whine about non existent crimes when it is released to feed the phony narrative you

have convinced yourself of.

there will be redactions, prepare yourself for butthurt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

you will whine about non existent crimes when it is released to feed the phony narrative you

have convinced yourself of.

there will be redactions, prepare yourself for butthurt

You too. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Would Mueller knowing his assessment in the report was not getting out, that Trump is guilty of so many bad, bad things. Would we not be hearing him come forward. I have yet to hear Mueller speak.....Why?

Mr muller is a very honorable man it is the Congress job to speak up not his so give the report to Congress ASAP please

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tug said:

Mr muller is a very honorable man it is the Congress job to speak up not his so give the report to Congress ASAP please

But he knows the horrors of our president's wrongdoing. Would he (Mr. Mueller) not be obligated to warn the people, that our president is an agent of Russia. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really ha ha troll lol

Is it trolling to mention mueller also worked to exonerate the Clintons from embezzlement and abuse of office?

Is it trolling to note that many head “investigators” had a predisposed position to prove, and they were rabidly anti trump long before said investigation or bringing into the special counsels team?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

Is it trolling to mention mueller also worked to exonerate the Clintons from embezzlement and abuse of office?

Is it trolling to note that many head “investigators” had a predisposed position to prove, and they were rabidly anti trump long before said investigation or bringing into the special counsels team?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What about Hillary! :w00t:

• Confused 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, webfact said:

as reports surfaced in the news media that members of Mueller's team were unhappy with the way Barr had characterized its main conclusions.

Oh, are we surprised that "members" ( no prizes for guessing which side they are on ) are unhappy?

No, we are not. Entirely predictable response.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Barr is following the law.  He has to make redactions for things like grand jury information.  It's the law.

Edited by Kelsall
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh, are we surprised that "members" ( no prizes for guessing which side they are on ) are unhappy?

No, we are not. Entirely predictable response.

Webfact-as reports surfaced in the news media that members of Mueller's team were unhappy with the way Barr had characterized its main conclusions.

"members" !    According to this 1 year old press release. POTUS was right again, to the tee. 

"The "13 Angry Democrats" in charge of the Russian Witch Hunt are starting to find out that there is a Court System in place that actually protects people from injustice...and just wait 'till the Courts get to see your unrevealed Conflicts of Interest!" he wrote.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/may/07/trump-13-angry-democrats-special-counsels-team-sho/

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/news-releases/grassley-graham-call-barr-review-classified-oversight-material-related-russian

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Since you don't know what is in the report, you have no idea if he is following the law.

According to people who know what is in the report he may not be, and somehow I value their, knowledgeable, opinion much more than your layman opinion.

"according to people who know what is in the report" You only know what the  MSM tells you!

"Grassley and Graham also provided Barr with a November 16, 2017, letter to Mueller regarding selective references in charging documents to fragments of internal Trump campaign emails, which have led some media outlets to misinterpret the nature of the internal campaign dialogue".

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/news/news-releases/grassley-graham-call-barr-review-classified-oversight-material-related-russian

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, riclag said:

"according to people who know what is in the report" You only know what the  MSM tells you!

"Grassley and Graham also provided Barr with a November 16, 2017, letter to Mueller regarding selective references in charging documents to fragments of internal Trump campaign emails, which have led some media outlets to misinterpret the nature of the internal campaign dialogue".

It is a very safe bet that those people know better what is in the report than you or me. 

And criticizing knowledge from media with a media link is a strange way of discussing.

• Confused 3

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:
17 hours ago, atyclb said:

so you think the ag might be suppressing or withholding muellers possible conclusion of impeachable offenses?

No! I think there are likely impeachable offenses in the report and Mueller intended CONGRESS to see the full report and decide for themselves. Particularly about obstruction of justice. Just because there are impeachable offenses doesn't mean congress should or will impeach. That's a political decision. They probably wouldn't because the Senate is in 45's corner. Many people get confused about the definition of impeachable offenses. They are not the same thing as indictable crimes. They can overlap but they don't need to. 

as a non lawyer i really cannot say

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:
On 4/5/2019 at 11:38 AM, lannarebirth said:

Maybe there's something to that "Deep State" business. A cadre of benchwarmers that can be called upon at any time to keep the train on the tracks.

i may be wrong but it would seem the deep state were the ones trying to get rid of trump.  now they are his protectors?

3 minutes ago, atyclb said:

as a non lawyer i really cannot say

It's not really about being a lawyer or not.

It's a basic fact that the concept if "impeachable offenses" is not the same thing as indictable crimes.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's not really about being a lawyer or not.

It's a basic fact that the concept if "impeachable offenses" is not the same thing as indictable crimes.

heres an interview with someone i find quite intelligent and objective, attorney/journalist glenn greenwald

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 2

That video had no relevance to my point.

Impeachable offenses are varied and many. They are not only about treasonous conspiracy. They most certainly do include OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE and other actions unbecoming of a president as well. 

• Confused 1