Hundreds more foreigners arrested for being in Thailand illegally

webfact

9 hours ago, fforest1 said:

No breakdown of nationalities?........I guess there would have been if they had caught some farangs......

Spot on man....they caught a bunch of local nationals from next-door neighboring countries and maybe some Indians at best. Then, they say "foreigners" etc. to make it sound good but if they had caught Europeans/US/Russkies etc. then it would proudly be splashed all over the article. So, in other words, they caught a bunch or non entity regulars that have little media value really.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them dogies movin', rawhide
Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope 'em, throw, and brand 'em
Soon we'll be livin' high and wide

I like the Blues Brothers version:

3 hours ago, lkv said:

Not sure where your home country is, but generally in developed countries there is this little thing called "freedom of speech", where people can say whatever they like and not be shown the door, unlike Thailand, where indeed you will be shown the door.

Ho Ho Ho, I laugh on you.  Free speech indeed.  Check the visa application box that says you support the right to fight for fundamental beliefs, or let the interviewer know you hate everything about the country you're planning to visit (except the cheap booze and hookers) and see if you even get a visa to get in.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Ho Ho Ho, I laugh on you.  Free speech indeed.  Check the visa application box that says you support the right to fight for fundamental beliefs, or let the interviewer know you hate everything about the country you're planning to visit (except the cheap booze and hookers) and see if you even get a visa to get in.

Laugh. You're allowed to do so on this forum.

Outside the forum, be careful when and how you laugh, you might offend your Thai neighbor and see yourself deported.

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

How many are on their 2nd or 3rd arrest? The illegal workers from neighboring countries will be back as soon as they can make a u-turn at the (perpetually leaking) border.

The condos and malls still need cheap labour, and the authorities need a large monthly tally of arrests, so I'm sure this arrangement is fully encouraged. 

17 hours ago, balo said:

No farangs this time? Lucky us. 

17 hours ago, petermik said:

Us farang,s are law abiding and honest...........well most are ????

How about there are too few farangs left to arrest anymore.. ????

18 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Frankly disturbing how the guy in the hat is giving the death stare to some poor little Nepali guy who was probably selling pancakes in the gutter to send some money back home to his family.

Pure narcissist showboating for the media.

“ the guy in the hat” , please have some respect, and address him by his proper name , its Mr Big Joke.

18 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Why are you considering it lucky? If you have all your documentation in place, there will be no issue.

WRONG....numerous stories of documentation in place and adequate fund, and STILL they're ILLEGAL. They're committing the frightful offense of making money in Thailand and spending it here. Ostensibly, SOME of it goes back home to help family.  Paranoia, xenophobia, false equivalency with the American immigration issue and every other lie that can be thought of to justify raw cruelty and abuse of power.

2 hours ago, KenKadz said:

just not white.

So not farangs? 

"Farang (Thai: ฝรั่ง [faràŋ], colloquially [falàŋ]) is a generic Thai word for person of white race no matter where they may come from. The Royal Institute Dictionary 1999, the official dictionary of Thai words, defines the word as "a person of white race".

On 4/5/2019 at 12:19 PM, petermik said:

On 4/5/2019 at 12:19 PM, petermik said:

"Lucky us" this is not referring to US nationals .

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 4:38 PM, tlandtday said:

I predict an increase in overstayers with the recent changes to the income letter.  Rarely is anything well thought out.

I like the "Rarely is anything well thought out" part.

I seen that 1500 THB incentive for domestic tourism was scracthed.

Regarding the article. Maybe im slow but having the media conference outside The Nana Hotel is kinda ironic aint it...I mean all this concern about paperwork yet a publicity display... where prostitution is rampant...

TIT

On 4/5/2019 at 3:59 PM, Laza 45 said:

...if you choose to live in fear and loathing .. up to you..  reality is that studies have shown that migrants do not offend any more than locals. Fear of others is a ploy exploited for political purposes.. 

I suspect you need to define "migrants" 

I comply with all the requirements, pay the fees to live in a foreign country.

I did not dump myself on a foreign society and expect acceptance, tolerance and food and education so on.

I abide by the rules and am in compliance.

I have no respect for those who do not abide by visa requirements.

And Thailand is mostly a very tolerant country. Don't invade another country unless you are invited is what I am trying to say. 

On 4/28/2019 at 1:34 PM, AtoZ said:

Meanwhile 120,000 illegal Thai workers only in South Korea

There are ads in local papers saying that Thai need to go to Sth Korea. Jobs are waiting.

If Korea wishes to, they can easily evict the Thai workers.

But I suspect this will not happen any time soon. The Thai are doing the work that 

a richer class of Sth Koreans will not do. It was the same with Mexicans in US until a few years ago.

I know of several Thais who went to Korea a few years ago and now own a house and car when they returned.

Most will want to return.

32 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

There are ads in local papers saying that Thai need to go to Sth Korea. Jobs are waiting.

But I suspect this will not happen any time soon. The Thai are doing the work that 

a richer class of Sth Koreans will not do. It was the same with Mexicans in US until a few years ago.

I know of several Thais who went to Korea a few years ago and now own a house and car when they returned.

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/34481/labour-minister-orders-probe-of-little-ghost-job-seekers-to-south-korea

They are cracking down on that.

2 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Australia seems the same, I think crackdowns are just for show. Three of our family are in Korea, there was another working in normal massage, she was arrested and sent back. Before they went to Korea they thought somebody was getting them a work visa for Australia, I looked into it and there was no chance of that legally.I contacted the Embassy to be sure, they did not appear to be bothered at all. if Korea wants to stop illegal migrant workers all they have to do is introduce visas for Thais again.

• 1 month later...

Arrest illegals is always a good thing, would like my Country do the same

When the next round trip at Sukhunvit to arrest some black pushers, or in Thailand too they are protected by United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would have thought overstay visitors be regaeded as a good thing considering how bad the economy, Baht and tourism all are.

As a foreigner in Thailand nothing is for free, unlike some western countries, and so regardless, a foreigner will still pay over the top to stay in such a place as Thailand, which has little to offer now., but overstay is illigal and the law is the law,  but it is a shame the law is not exercised in most other areas of Thai society such as road users, for starters.

The kettle calling the pot black, me thinks. 

Archived