Thai actress dressed as evil ghost with baby making a hit in Ayuthaya selling BBQ pork

webfact

Thai actress dressed as evil ghost with baby making a hit in Ayuthaya selling BBQ pork

8pm.jpg

Caption: Mae Naak selling Moo Ping

Thai Rath reported that a Thai food seller in Ayuthaya was a great hit with passing motorists.

She was dressed as evil ghost Mae Naak holding a baby while selling her 25 baht bags of moo ping (BBQ pork) and sausage. 

Reporters went to an intersection on the Rojana Road and found out that she was actually a 23 year old actress called Nannaphat Chalachainanpha. 

She works at a floating market in Ayuthaya and thought it would be a good idea to drum up custom by dressing up as Mae Naak with a doll baby. 

She had to admit her idea was going down well - everybody wanted to buy her wares!

Thai Rath called it a splendid idea. 

Thaivisa notes that the legend of Mae Naak Phrakhanong stems from the days of Rama IV during the 18th Century. 

A man called Maak and a woman called Naak were going to have a baby when Maak was called away from Prakhanong to serve in the army in Bang Kork. 

But while he was away complications in the birth - specifically the position of the baby - resulted in the death of both mother and child who then became spirits that scared the neighbors no end.

A shrine to Mae Naak exists in the temple of Wat Mahabut in Soi On Nut, Sukhumvit Soi 77. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-08

Until it’s provable that ghosts don’t exist I guarantee my wife wouldn’t allow the window to roll down for fear the ghosts spirit would get in the car with us.
She enjoys some of the Thai mythical folklore that leaves open the possibility of things that can’t be explained and I’ve come to appreciate her sweet naive innocence and go along with it rather than try to crush it.
It’s all part of the Buddha’s, Kings and spirits package that makes up her compass.

14 minutes ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Until it’s provable that ghosts don’t exist I guarantee my wife wouldn’t allow the window to roll down for fear the ghosts spirit would get in the car with us.
She enjoys some of the Thai mythical folklore that leaves open the possibility of things that can’t be explained and I’ve come to appreciate her sweet naive innocence and go along with it rather than try to crush it.
It’s all part of the Buddha’s, Kings and spirits package that makes up her compass.

And what makes you think they do not exsist. Bacteria and virus did not exisist until they came up with the insteruments to see these things

17 minutes ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Indeed.

My wife has a similar compass that doesn't seem to obey the earth's standard magnetic field.

Rooster

And what makes you think they do not exsist. Bacteria and virus did not exisist until they came up with the insteruments to see these things

You mean like the time she called me in the USA a bit freaked out because every morning she left the dip bath water box upstairs full and each night when she would go upstairs it was half empty and nobody else had been inside our home,,there must be something supernatural happening?
Turns out she would leave the shower spray hose in the box and there was a leak in the supply piping under the house that was siphoning the water out of the box.
One ghost killed as eventually she understood the disappearing water mystery but only one. All the others are alive and well .

36 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Maybe he is capable of logical thought or/and doesn't believe in utter nonsense.

Do you believe in the tooth fairy just because no one can disprove the existence of one?

9 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Maybe he is capable of logical thought or/and doesn't believe in utter nonsense.

Do you believe in the tooth fairy just because no one can disprove the existence of one?

No, but neither would I rule it out. 

There are entire well accepted paradigms about the way things are in the universe that are based on one scientist's theory, supported by thousands of other scientists' equations that show the theory to be consistent.  Not proven, mind you.  Just consistent.   Kind of like the old theory that the black plague was caused by foul vapors...

8 hours ago, impulse said:

No, but neither would I rule it out. 

There are entire well accepted paradigms about the way things are in the universe that are based on one scientist's theory, supported by thousands of other scientists' equations that show the theory to be consistent.  Not proven, mind you.  Just consistent.   Kind of like the old theory that the black plague was caused by foul vapors...

Oh bless, I sometimes wish that I had the mind of a child as well.

I hope that Santa does not fall over the edge of the earth when he brings you this year’s version of the Grimm Brothers Encyclopedia of facts.  ????

11 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Oh bless, I sometimes wish that I had the mind of a child as well.

I hope that Santa does not fall over the edge of the earth when he brings you this year’s version of the Grimm Brothers Encyclopedia of facts.  

And I'm real glad that my mind hasn't snapped shut to the possibility that there are mysteries we knew when we were kids, but were beaten out of us by peer pressure and an education system that turned us into good robotic employees, taxpayers and consumers.

Have already seen one dressed as Batman in a full clad costume under the heat, selling his stuff in the usual plastic bags. So why not Ms Ghost ?

As for the fear of the spooks, not to worry, as the spirits in fogs will be over powered in seconds by the ghosts in the pollution,

I'm trying to understand why pork is more appealing when sold by a ghoulish-looking person. I'd probably tend to get it from someone who seems more intent on the cooking rather than playing dress up. She may sell the best-tasting pork in the world, and I know we shouldn't judge a snack by it seller, but she doesn't whet my appetite. 

Archived