Where does the money come from?

On 4/8/2019 at 5:36 PM, Kenny202 said:

All of the noodle shops, restaurants, barber shops etc are about the only safe bet. Very small profit but enough for a Thai to live, particularly if they have no qualifications or education. Pay 3000-6000 baht a month rent. Normally business and accomodation upstairs or at the back. Eat the leftovers from the restaurant and a few thousand baht grog / lottery money. I pity these poor farang pump a million baht or so into these ridiculous coffee shops emoji37.pngemoji37.png

Youll probably find shell be busy first 2 to 3 months then it will trail off again. Then for no reason a spurt. No rhyme or reason to anything...like you could never nominate your "busy" day. This week it might be Saturday. Next Saturday dead and Monday busy. Then theres all the holidays and interuptions (Vote, Songkrahn, buddha days etc). I feel very sorry for the poor Thais who exist hand to mouth

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

When I visit neighboring countries of Thailand, I see Thai made goods in abundance. Those neighboring countries are absorbing majority of the Thai exports and making Thai economy very strong. Manufacturing industries has become so big that there are always shortage of labor and a Thai can get a factory job anytime.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, justin case said:

in the end, those will take your house, car, ...  bad investments anyway, short trick or long game scam

My wife had all that before she met me. I own nothing in Thailand and never will. 

Some women want companionship, just like needy men like myself. Imagine that.

Never underestimate the money being funneled north to the parents of girls working in Pattaya, Phuket, and Bangkok. Trickle down economics supporting the north of Thailand. That and the ex-pats who have married and settled in the north. Along with rice farming and government jobs make up the framework of the economy in the north. Not much but enough to bumble and stumble along even without significant manufacturing.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, transam said:

Well the two guys that come to do the A/C clean and pressure test on my only A/C unit takes about an hour.....But they do strip the whole thing down for their 500bht...????

That's not cleaning, and i'm glad they didn't take it apart (that costs 3000 by the way, they did it last year because cleaning didn't help). 

So you don't even know what aircon cleaning is? 555555

• Confused 1

Just look at the exuberant rates people are paying at the quality soapys (like me sometimes :whistling:) with a mouthful of a happy ending and one can rapidly get an idea of all the money pimped in ! :cheesy:

Look at the amount of people locals or farangs totally wrecked by drugs, and that also can give an idea of the huge revenue generated by the criminals who control the trafficking.

Look at the ridiculously high amounts asked and paid by foreigners in the visa industry racket.... and so on.... no shortage for ca$h to be pumped it.

Edited by observer90210