Television Reception/thai Tv

whopper

With a basic antenna in rural areas?

What channels and reception quality?

thanks, just curious

Hi Whopper

We live 5k outside Surin and had UBC and basic antenna (Big) installed only a year ago. UBC reception perfect but the 3/4 Thai channels received through our wire and cable monstrosity are useless. Its the only place I see snow in Thailand !! :o:D

As they say 'Yer pays yer money, Yer takes yer chance. :D

regards

Dave :D

I think it varies according to location. Where I stay in central Isaan we get all the usual channels - ITV, 3,5,7,9 and 11, but with 7 and especially 9 the reception is less good. I know that in the past reception was so poor in some areas that people had to use satellite to get some channels. All the standard channels are free on C band. They also come in KU band if you subscribe to UBC or buy a basic card with a one-off fee.

I had UBC and I think it was OK. I very seldom watch TV, so my wife was wanting to stop the service. She did stop the service and says she will hook it back up for NFL Football season. The dish and reciever are still here and cost about 155 baht per month for nothing. She pays all the utilities so she saves a little baht for her bank account.

With the normal antenna she gets, I think, only Thai channel 3. She is talking about a local satellite dish now. It's a one time 6,000 baht charge. I have no idea what channels it will get but she says a total of 46 channels. Up to her, her money.