BREAKING: Prime Minister used Article 44 powers to sack and rein in Big Joke

snoop1130

Whether he was cleaned or not when someone rises so fast they bound to step on someone's toe. Here in Thailand the old school leadership regardless of the revolving door leadership, something was bound to happen.  Then swamp is not only deep but thicked in this country.

I still haven't heard since the changes end of last year as to why there was all the big stink regarding the income method even why the topic was brought up? My guess from the beginning and the requirements of late was to provide additional funds for banks when they keep your money for 5 months and provide 1 percent? and then loan it out for 10 plus that is incentive enough to get someone in their pocket?  Investigating?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

First job to introduce democracy to Thailand would be to reinvent the Army as guardians of national security taking orders from a freely elected Government. This would involve them relinquishing all business interests including directorships.

Second job would be to cleanse the police, recreating them as protectors of life and property and servants of the people, free from political interference. No business interests for them either. 

Both jobs would need substantial pay rises to make corruption unnecessary and easily punished.

Otherwise the cycle of coups and repressive governments with noses in the trough will continue forever.

And both the army and police would then be able to deal with the flying pig and unicorn menace.

13 hours ago, rabas said:

Section 2 of the above official order states his salary will remain the same,  in his new position as senior dog on a leash under PM Prayut.  Seems Prayut wants to keep a  very close watch on him.

This fits with an earlier guess. Thaksin/team may have tried to connect with BJ because they thought his flamboyant style and public popularity would be useful in any future street protests, which now look more likely.  The next protests will include cyber-control, which BJ also knows.

Remember Taksin and Sae Daeng, Lt Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol, the highly popular leader of the red street protests in 2009, before he was shot through the head while talking to a reporter live.

Sae Daeng and BJ have quite similar flamboyant leadership styles.

Both Thaksin and BJ have police roots. Sae Daeng was Army.

Both Thaksin and BJ were just recently stripped of position or honors by the same person.

Sae Daeng was probably too flamboyant, having been fired for throwing a hand grenade in his commanding general's office because the general forced Sae Daeng to take dancing lessons. (that's Thainess)

As for Prawit? A man with a watch knows what time it is, a man with two is never sure.

I was about to say, what could possibly cause such a sudden reversal of fortunes for the Big Bowl of Rice Porridge -- being discovered on Mr. T's list of Skype contacts?

Something for you all to ponder.....Possibility that he upset a non-member of the brown envelope brigade. Someone non political who could buy & sell all the generals every day of the week.

35 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

They are hardly democratic. Self installed and how it’s going to stay. 

But still better than the way BJ operated, with his cowboy attitude, no due process, screw the rights of the accused and crap on the law. Very surprised this mofo lasted as long as he did.

5 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Something for you all to ponder.....Possibility that he upset a non-member of the brown envelope brigade. Someone non political who could buy & sell all the generals every day of the week.

The word is, some of those he arrested, worked for some powerful people. When the actions of a not very bright ambitious prima dona cop, cross with the business interests of the ruling elite, who do you think is going to win?

12 hours ago, ExpatPH said:

Sure, just wait to immigration had their never ending tradition of monthly change of rules & regulations.

And even better for all expats in Thailand, none of you have to 'suffer' and join us expats in Philippines or Cambodia.

Oooopppsss: curruption just took a jump, now it's 50.000 baht that agents reguire, to fix your case.

Hope you all still happy happy.

You might want to cross check your information.

This is absolutely brilliant news! The biggest joke was censured! A bit like a modern day caning. Hallelujah! He deserved all of that. He was a saboteur, and a stick in the mud. He was slowing Thailand down, with his incessant blabbering about the evils of foreigners, the crimes we were all committing, and the ways we were degrading Thai society. Exactly what we all wanted to hear, right? All of our lives will be better without him. He was a stage hog, and wanted the spotlight and he was doing great harm to the nation, in the process. Good riddens. Few will miss him. It is a rare thing for me to praise Prayuth, but this is one of his more intelligent decisions.

I would like to add my speculation that the little turd is worried about his popularity and he may have been sprung getting into bed with the anti Junta political group. 

I am sure we have not seen or heard the last of him. 

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

My neighbour who works at immigration said that he was widely disliked by the immigration staff for trying to force unworkable policies on them.

As far as the investigation is concerned, there are many many possibilities, and I suspect Big Jokes days may well be numbered.

"NO TIPS"

The one policeman who was doing his job (maybe being a bit over zealous or getting close to uncovering some unpalatable truths?) so they remove him! TIT!!

Oh well back to the "old days and ways" then...................

631011217_Keystonecops.gif.94b76dbbc4a5b55d89768d057bf0ad2d.gif

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

My neighbour who works at immigration said that he was widely disliked by the immigration staff for trying to force unworkable policies on them.

As far as the investigation is concerned, there are many many possibilities, and I suspect Big Jokes days may well be numbered.

...or maybe we was making them work?

15 hours ago, DepDavid said:

Do a good job, try to limit corruption, and this is how he is rewarded. TIT!

Possibly making decisions which should have been made by elected politicians.   I have still to read where important new laws are debated, be they migration laws or traffic.

Seemingly is to do with some large cosmetic/ medical company owned by one of the super rich . Can’t remember if he busted the company for something but found nothing and the owners were not happy . Plus something to do with a purchase of something required by the police or government and the price paid was way over the cost of the items and people want to know why. 

15 hours ago, DepDavid said:

Do a good job, try to limit corruption, and this is how he is rewarded. TIT!

My mail is, from a very reliable source, it is for this very reason, corruption,  that he is under investigation. Do as I say, not as I do. 

5 hours ago, pegman said:

555, that's why of all the places in the Kingdom you could have settled you decided on Pattaya. So tell us, we're you there before the hookers too, just like the Jomtien beach chair vendors? 

I dont actually live in Pattaya at all: I'm in Jomtien which is much more sedate. There really isnt much choice in Thailand, I think. I certainly would not want to live very far away from a major tourist destination like Pattaya or Chiang Mai or Bangkok or Phuket as I appreciate the farang shopping/restaurants that those places offer.

CM would be my first choice apart from the smog. Phuket is too expensive and crowded. Bangkok is too big. So Jomtien it is. Hua Hin would be a possibility too but it's a bit small.

I'm certainly not alone and I know many other people who have retired here for exactly the same reasons.

Archived