Best border close to hua hin to get visa exempt??

As the title says, I am planning to go to laos to get a non-o again in a couple of months, but at the moment I just want to go and get visa exempt for 30 days.

where is the best place near to hua hin to go out and come back the same day?

and do I need to show anything, like proof of funds etc....

btw

this would be my first visa exempt in 4 years...

The nearest crossing is the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar.

You will have to pay 960 baht for transport across no mans land and back again that includes the 500 baht fee for a border pass.

No need to show anything other than your passport.

• Like 2

Before going for miles, see Bluport today, tomorrow the immigration service is closed.
the extension of tourist visas is done at the office of the ground floor (before 16 H, I think) so for 30 days, it must be also valid.

3 minutes ago, sirocco said:

Before going for miles, see Bluport today, tomorrow the immigration service is closed.
the extension of tourist visas is done at the office of the ground floor (before 16 H, I think) so for 30 days, it must be also valid.

He apparently does not qualify for a 30 day extension since he is on a non-o visa entry.

yep, my issue is that I have extended my non-o for 60 days, so I just plan on going to get a visa exempt and coming back then going back out to get a non-o again.

I don't really want to go all the way laos again at the moment.

What's putting you off? the price?
Bah! you are probably spending money,
like most of us.
  You're lucky, for the same price, we'll take you back to HH.
Look on facebook, they look, all, happy.
In addition you will make spontaneous knowledge
and no concern for transport research.
Otherwise, van, train, or bus, until KANCHANABURI.
After, I do not know.

29 minutes ago, sirocco said:

What's putting you off? the price?
Bah! you are probably spending money,
like most of us.
  You're lucky, for the same price, we'll take you back to HH.
Look on facebook, they look, all, happy.
In addition you will make spontaneous knowledge
and no concern for transport research.
Otherwise, van, train, or bus, until KANCHANABURI.
After, I do not know.

OK...since you want to be helpful - yes the price. It is 220 baht by van..440 RT. Joe mentioned 980 to actually do the visa part. That is a total of 1,420. The HH service makes it a total of 2,980. Of course you are right, I am spending money like everyone. I prefer that to be on women, drinks, dancing, boats and cars. The rest I will just piss away. But not more than necessary on a visa run. You waste your money your way and I'll do the same. Thanks for your help.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, captnhoy said:

Anyone have any info about finding the transport through no mans land once arriving in Kanchanaburi? Local Hua Hin service is quoting 2500 for that part.

You arrange for it after you have cleared Thai immigration. There is a kiosk or desk where you do it.

• Like 1

I agree with you, everyone spends his money as he wishes,
and it has never been my intention to impose anything on you.
Just a reflection devoid of any constraint.
Given your pleasant communicative mood,
  Visa travelers have escaped your legendary humor.
Looking forward to never meet you at HH

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, captnhoy said:

Anyone have any info about finding the transport through no mans land once arriving in Kanchanaburi? Local Hua Hin service is quoting 2500 for that part.

Once you arrive at Ban Phu Nam Ron, finding the people with the no-man's land transport franchise is no problem. Thai immigration takes part of the money, and will happily direct you.

If taking public transport to Ban Phu Nam Ron, I understand it is not too difficult. Vans to Ban Phu Nam Ron depart from Kanchanaburi bus station. Just ask someone when you get there. The only advice I would give is start out early in the day. Do not rely on public transport being available after early afternoon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As follow up to this I did the border run on Apr 16. At the border it is quite an industry. You cannot stamp out until you see an "agent" who has taken your passport and filled in your new arrival card. That way immigration knows you've paid your "dues" and they will get a cut, no doubt. There was no issue with Immigration of any kind. In fact not one word was spoken to me other than an IO directing me to an "agent" prior to stamping out. Not having done any real research on this i did not realize that the border is a 75 minute drive (as fast as he can) from the bus station. In my case as the sole passenger in the back of a songtao. I don't know what the cost of that is normally. The driver started at 1200 and claimed "that is normal for here" He dropped to 1000 and said the same thing. He made a face when he accepted my counter of 900. What is really normal? From the bus station back to the bus station was 4 hours. The vans back to Hua Hin were booked solid until the 5 pm run. But this was still heavy songkran traffic.