Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

I like the Saints in this one,think they will play faster footy than the Dees and Bruce up forward on his day can kick a bag.

I'm also going with the Bombers against the Blues.

Think the Lions v Swans will be closer than a lot expect if the Lions can kick straight.(not enough to pick Lions thou)

good call on the brisbane game.

unfortunately they couldn't kick straight

• Like 1

Grant hung on to pip Famerjo, I managed to get over Leon, Chooks was demolished by Rip in the second half, BigBossJo staged a comeback in the second half but not good enough son.

Scott must have had an average day in the west but who cares and young Nick staged a comeback ho but not good enough.

Grant stays 3rd, Chooks falls out of the 8 all the way to 11th.....my my how the brave have fallen...trouble in that camp, the fans wanted the head of the coach after the game.

Well blow me down, the Premiers....thats me now out of the 8 on percentage along with Rip and Chooks hmm i must have been seeing things, Leon on 1 win not 2 and good old Fjo on 0....

5th 6th 7th and 8 all up for grabs if your good enough.....lot of back room shuffles going on in Delightful land, the coach said even though we won today heads are gonna roll....we got a lot of ground to make up end quote.

Gotta feel for Khun farmerjo, he's been uber unlucky not to pick up a couple of matches. If Yeo & Stanley weren't late withdrawals he'd have probably run over the top of me this weekend.

Grant hung on to pip Famerjo, I managed to get over Leon, Chooks was demolished by Rip in the second half, BigBossJo staged a comeback in the second half but not good enough son.

Scott must have had an average day in the west but who cares and young Nick staged a comeback ho but not good enough.

Grant stays 3rd, Chooks falls out of the 8 all the way to 11th.....my my how the brave have fallen...trouble in that camp, the fans wanted the head of the coach after the game.

Well blow me down, the Premiers....thats me now out of the 8 on percentage along with Rip and Chooks hmm i must have been seeing things, Leon on 1 win not 2 and good old Fjo on 0....

5th 6th 7th and 8 all up for grabs if your good enough.....lot of back room shuffles going on in Delightful land, the coach said even though we won today heads are gonna roll....we got a lot of ground to make up end quote.

Gotta feel for Khun farmerjo, he's been uber unlucky not to pick up a couple of matches. If Yeo & Stanley weren't late withdrawals he'd have probably run over the top of me this weekend.

Thanks Grant,

Lambert going off early didn't help either but ifs and couldabeens.Not good enough in the end.

It's a funny game,my end score would have beaten most last weekend.

This cellar dweller thing is catching,from tipping last year to the fantasy this year.bah.gif

• Like 2

Thanks Grant,

Lambert going off early didn't help either but ifs and couldabeens.Not good enough in the end.

It's a funny game,my end score would have beaten most last weekend.

This cellar dweller thing is catching,from tipping last year to the fantasy this year.bah.gif

But your real team, the Roos, are 1 game clear at the top of the ladder. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

The good, the bad and the ugly from Round 6, according to Mark Robinson

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/mark-robinson/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-from-round-6-according-to-mark-robinson/news-story/1690cc285f5c4b795749b06bf6d802a8

1. GWS GIANTS

ELEVEN players scored more than 100 ranking points (surely is a record) to Hawthorn’s one.Scary good. So much to like. Rory Lobb took eight contested marks and kicked four goals. Heath Shaw might be the best defender in the comp. And Stephen Coniglio continues his exceptional season. That’s 34, 32 and 30 in past three weeks playing a sort-of shutdown role in which he wins plenty of his own ball. On Saturday, he went head-to-head with Sam Mitchell for 70-odd minutes and in that time Mitchell had 16 disposals and Coniglio 20. Finally, maybe, a run-with against Mitchell is the way to go

2. LANCE FRANKLIN

SLOG in the wet, yet Buddy was playing as if it was dry. A one-step 55m goal in the third quarter was astonishing and he finished with five goals for the game. He and Kurt Tippett were the dominant big men. As usual, Luke Parker and Dan Hannebery were ferocious against a Brisbane team that wasn’t lacking in that regard. In fact, it was Brisbane’s best performance of the year. At various times, the Swans looked as though they would march away, but the Lions responded. After half-time they kicked 9.3 to 7.4 and if they kept Franklin quieter in the first half, it would have been a huge upset..

3. ANDREW SWALLOW

THE most underrated captain the competition. In what was a slog on Friday night, Swallow and Ben Cunnington were huge in the contest as North, in the first half anyway, was up against more numbers in the midfield. People will talk of Daniel Wells’ run and Jarrad Waite’s marking and goals, but Swallow’s contest work was pivotal, 23 disposals, 14 tackles, eight clearances and four inside 50s will get him votes in the coach’s award.

4. NORTH MELBOURNE

THAT’S 6-0 with St Kilda, Essendon and Carlton to come in the next three weeks. Deficiencies aren’t apparent. Defence is strong, midfield tough, Wells gives run and three big boys up front are posing all kinds of issues for the opposition. Of course, we’ll learn more about the Kangaroos from Round 12. They play Sydney (away), Richmond (home), Geelong (Etihad), Hawthorn (Etihad), Adelaide (away) and West Coast (away). From Round 21 it’s Hawthorn (MCG), Sydney (Hobart) and GWS (Etihad).

5. BOLDNESS

OK, where to now for Richmond? The Tigers need to bring in serious young talent, so they have to trade. They need to make a bold decision, such as St Kilda did with Brendon Goddard and Nick Dal Santo. That means putting up Brett Deledio and getting a first-rounder back. Could you imagine Deledio at the Western Bulldogs? Coach Luke Beveridge says he needs more talent in the front half and Deledio would be perfect as the premiership tilt beckons. For it to happen, the Tigers need to be unemotional and do what’s best for the football club.

6. ST KILDA

WHEN they’re on, they’re hot. The Saints destroyed Melbourne with serious slick footy and Melbourne couldn’t cope. The beauty of Saturday’s win was plenty-fold. It wasn’t the likes of Leigh Montagna, Sean Dempster, Shane Savage and David Armitage who got them over the line. It was Blake Acres (28 disposals, two goals), Seb Ross (26 disposals), Luke Dunstan, Jack Newnes and Jack Billings who played major roles, which is a sign of the maturing Saints.

7. DEFENCE

THE Cats can score and now we know they are among the best defensive teams going around. Conceding 63 points a game (ranked No.2 and four goals better off than in 2015) and time in forward half is plus 12 minutes per game (ranked No.1). They have the best press in the competition. It’s why the contested ball and clearances are major factors for Geelong. Win those two, get the ball inside 50 and they keep it there. Wonder how much influence Simon Lloyd has had coming from Fremantle.

8. RESPONSE

PORT Adelaide players whinged because the president dared to say what everyone was thinking: They were a disgrace. Not so Saturday night. Matthew Lobbe axed, Chad Wingard and Robbie Gray missing, and on the road against Richmond, the players simply had to respond. Hamish Hartlett, Travis Boak, Jared Polec and Matthew Broadbent led in the midfield, while Justin Westhoff and Charlie Dixon took nine contested marks between them. It was ugly, but Ken Hinkley will take an ugly win any day of the week.

9. DALE THOMAS

STILL doesn’t have the depth of kicking, but the depth of his skill is back on show. It was Daisy circa 2010-2011 at the MCG on Sunday, all run and competitive, and it might have been his best game for Carlton. Finished with 31 disposals, a game-high 14 contested possessions, six marks, seven tackles and a goal. Had forgotten how smart a footballer Thomas is.

10. MARK LeCRAS

GONE AWOL a little this year. Just four goals in five games before Sunday, but turned it around in the first half with three goals and gave off another two. Has been playing a bit of midfield, but most would admit LeCras in form inside 50m is where he is most dangerous.

DISLIKES

1. HAWTHORN

WHO’S going to say it’s over? Anyone? Of course they won’t. That said, this was an annihilation. Lost contested ball 153-114 and clearances 47-29 and the scoreboard 158-83. Jordan Lewis is in a slump, Issac Smith is below his best, Brad Hill the same and the forwards, James Sicily and Tim O’Brien, are still making their way. What stood out, and has for the season, is Hawthorn is being denied use of the fat side. It means the run and spread is diminished. That is one problem. Another is the intent. The Hawks are playing soft football.

2. GOLD COAST

THE good vibes of the first three weeks lay in the gutter after the conceded 20 goals to three after quarter-time against the Cats was as shambolic as it gets. They were uncompetitive and lacked skill. Talk about witches hats. “From about 10 minutes into the second quarter onwards it was just appalling, just not acceptable ... it was embarrassing,’’ coach Rodney Eade said.

3. LINDSAY THOMAS

SPLIT-second reaction to tackle and he mucked it up. Suspect he will be penalised. It wasn’t a strike. It was a reckless approach to Lachie Hunter, who had the ball. Not so long ago, would’ve thought it was a free kick and move on. The game has changed. It was a coathanger that Marcus Bontempelli said was done with malice and Hunter felt it. One week I reckon.

4. MELBOURNE

DIDN’T look like winning from quarter-time, despite leading by 13 points. So much has been said about Melbourne’s ability to defend, but it was back to the bad old days pre-Roos. Gave up 14.7 in the second and third quarters. Overall, the Dees lost the contested ball and got murdered on the outside and on the rebound, making the Demons look horribly slow. If not for Jesse Hogan (seven goals) and Jack Viney, the result would’ve been 69 points.

5. RICHMOND

THAT was horrible. Seem disinterested, lacked passion, didn’t run defensively. Port wasn’t chock full of matchwinners, but it was consistent in everything it did. The Tigers had 22 more possessions, won contested ball and lost by 35 points. They are a team going in all directions with the ball without going anywhere. It’s a so easy to say the players lack confidence, but that’s what it looks like. No dare. Play safe. And without Alex Rance, the defence was brittle.

3. LINDSAY THOMAS

SPLIT-second reaction to tackle and he mucked it up. Suspect he will be penalised. It wasn’t a strike. It was a reckless approach to Lachie Hunter, who had the ball. Not so long ago, would’ve thought it was a free kick and move on. The game has changed. It was a coathanger that Marcus Bontempelli said was done with malice and Hunter felt it. One week I reckon.

4. MELBOURNE

DIDN’T look like winning from quarter-time, despite leading by 13 points. So much has been said about Melbourne’s ability to defend, but it was back to the bad old days pre-Roos. Gave up 14.7 in the second and third quarters. Overall, the Dees lost the contested ball and got murdered on the outside and on the rebound, making the Demons look horribly slow. If not for Jesse Hogan (seven goals) and Jack Viney, the result would’ve been 69 points.

5. RICHMOND

THAT was horrible. Seem disinterested, lacked passion, didn’t run defensively. Port wasn’t chock full of matchwinners, but it was consistent in everything it did. The Tigers had 22 more possessions, won contested ball and lost by 35 points. They are a team going in all directions with the ball without going anywhere. It’s a so easy to say the players lack confidence, but that’s what it looks like. No dare. Play safe. And without Alex Rance, the defence was brittle.

9. FIGHTING WITH LEIGH MATTHEWS

NOT so much fighting, but querying the great man. North Melbourne officials were taken aback when Matthews wondered if the Kangaroos might find the MCG testing later in the year. They might, but their previous outings there suggest their game style stacks up. They have won five of their past six matches there, which includes three finals wins over Essendon, Geelong and Richmond.

10. COLLINGWOOD FIRST QUARTERS

OTHER than the Essendon game (8.4) and St Kilda game (4.3), the Pies can’t impose themselves in first quarters. On Sunday it was 1.1 against the West Coast Eagles. The other first-quarter scores this season have been 1.1, 2.1 and 1.2. They have been competitive in games after the first break, but playing catch-up football is not fun.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

The Tipping results for week 6 are in!

Ripstanley was the lone winner with 8/9. Sensational effort! Chooks and myself followed with 7/9

Ripstanley is now the new sole leader of the Tipping Comp on 41 points!

Although..I seem to remember Rip was in a similar position last year and the pressure got to him?

In other news... AlexRR has fallen two points behind me

The highest I got last year was 3rd. Then I crashed.

There is a lot to think about when you are out front in the Tipping

Which game went against you this week RIP?

Port Adelaide

not many could have predicted Richmond would be so diabolically poor
melbourne aren't complaining as they haven't really played anyone as yet. Oh sorry they got thumped by the saints and lost to essendon, not even Carlton loses to essendon.
  • Like 2

Well Alex as you said, "The Saints are just an average team" The Demons got taken to the cleaners by an average team and got a bloody good wedgie. Definately puts Melbourne well below average. What's that 13 straight defeats by the average team.

Yep we got done not only by an average team going nowhere fast we got wiped by a top up team too, BUT we have 12 premierships to your 1 and you lost to Collingwood in a GF we beat them 6 to 1....you can enjoy your weekend now constable.

yep and the roman empire ruled the world but what have the bloody Italians done in the last 20 years? Biggusdickus was thrown to the floor but his sister titusgina is still playing. Edited by Thechook

Lindsay Thomas has been offered 1 week for his coathanger on Hunter.

As a Roos supporter a couple more would have been beneficial.

I do question the fact Hunter was taken to hospital with concussion,i watched the game and leather poisoning was the more logical reason.biggrin.png

Congratulations to Ripstanley On his tipping this week.

I had strong thoughts about the chances of both Port and GWS, but was too gutless to pick them! After seeing how crap Richmond were against the Eagles, I can't understand why I went with them.

Picked Essendon to beat Carlton for some reason, it's a lottery with those bottom 4 or 5 teams. Freo is the only one with any consistency.

Thanks Old Croc.

I hope Freo keep their consistency again this week against GWS.

Eddie on a rant... now he wants academies gone

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/gws/eddie-mcguire-wants-the-academies-in-sydney-and-queensland-abolished-but-gws-giants-chairman-tony-shepherd-says-they-play-a-key-role/news-story/223333541d325cda3d1a87759d92edf4

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2016/5/collingwood-magpies-president-eddie-mcguire-says-afl-need-to-change-greater-western-sydney-giants-academy-rights/

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has urged the AFL to rein in Greater Western Sydney’s academy player rights for the sake of the competition.

The Giants painted an ominous picture of what the future might look like on Saturday when they handed three-time reigning premiers Hawthorn a 75-point shellacking.

Like Gold Coast, GWS were afforded generous draft, zone and academy concessions when they entered the competition in 2012.

The expansion club has no fewer than 22 first-round draft picks and six academy players and, with another five highly-rated academy players in their sights, Eddie believes the AFL has “over-cooked” their list.

“When the set-up came into play, and the AFL Commission presented it to the presidents, I said at the time in the presidents’ meeting this is well and good because you have to establish them and you have got to probably over-capitalise in the first instance on the players. But there will come a time where you go too far as you always do – the Sydney Swans, Brisbane Lions, et cetera, et cetera. We’ve seen it over the journey,” he told Triple M's Hot Breakfast.

“When that time comes you must act and act quickly otherwise you’ll completely throw the competition out of kilter for the best part of 10 years. That time has arrived.

“The AFL, we know, are looking to maybe change some of the academy players because there are players who GWS haven’t even found ... they’ve got five of the top 25 this year coming in.

“And we’re not saying they can’t win. Let them go, they’ve got the team, they’ve got a young team that’ll be a dominant force for the next five years at least.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Eddie on a rant... now he wants academies gone

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/gws/eddie-mcguire-wants-the-academies-in-sydney-and-queensland-abolished-but-gws-giants-chairman-tony-shepherd-says-they-play-a-key-role/news-story/223333541d325cda3d1a87759d92edf4

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2016/5/collingwood-magpies-president-eddie-mcguire-says-afl-need-to-change-greater-western-sydney-giants-academy-rights/

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has urged the AFL to rein in Greater Western Sydney’s academy player rights for the sake of the competition.

The Giants painted an ominous picture of what the future might look like on Saturday when they handed three-time reigning premiers Hawthorn a 75-point shellacking.

Like Gold Coast, GWS were afforded generous draft, zone and academy concessions when they entered the competition in 2012.

The expansion club has no fewer than 22 first-round draft picks and six academy players and, with another five highly-rated academy players in their sights, Eddie believes the AFL has “over-cooked” their list.

“When the set-up came into play, and the AFL Commission presented it to the presidents, I said at the time in the presidents’ meeting this is well and good because you have to establish them and you have got to probably over-capitalise in the first instance on the players. But there will come a time where you go too far as you always do – the Sydney Swans, Brisbane Lions, et cetera, et cetera. We’ve seen it over the journey,” he told Triple M's Hot Breakfast.

“When that time comes you must act and act quickly otherwise you’ll completely throw the competition out of kilter for the best part of 10 years. That time has arrived.

“The AFL, we know, are looking to maybe change some of the academy players because there are players who GWS haven’t even found ... they’ve got five of the top 25 this year coming in.

“And we’re not saying they can’t win. Let them go, they’ve got the team, they’ve got a young team that’ll be a dominant force for the next five years at least.

IMHO the player list limit and the salary cap creates the check and balance to prevent super teams from becoming a reality.

A team can only fit so many star players under the salary cap and once the cap is reached excess talent ends up on the market.

You only have to look at the talented players now spread around the AFL who stated out a relatively short time back at GWS.

• Like 2

Well Alex as you said, "The Saints are just an average team" The Demons got taken to the cleaners by an average team and got a bloody good wedgie. Definately puts Melbourne well below average. What's that 13 straight defeats by the average team.

Yep we got done not only by an average team going nowhere fast we got wiped by a top up team too, BUT we have 12 premierships to your 1 and you lost to Collingwood in a GF we beat them 6 to 1....you can enjoy your weekend now constable.

yep and the roman empire ruled the world but what have the bloody Italians done in the last 20 years? Biggusdickus was thrown to the floor but his sister titusgina is still playing.

What have the Italian done in the last 20 years? Ferrari F12 berlinette and GTC4 Lusso, not to mention Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo and Maserati, there some of the worlds most dersirebale cars, but what would a boy from Niddrie know?

Then theres Armani brand clothes and aftershaves....big ticket items not to mention Prada Gucci and Louis Vuitton that women just die for.

Lavazza, Vittoria coffee, range of Bertolli foods, yep and Nuttella,

Pirelli tires, one of the best in the world, have a set on my car....

There is a lot more, and we wont mention the legacy of the Italians will we.....they took over stone age England, put in running water and swerage, taught the poms to use a toliet and shower but what would a boy from Niddrie know?

This tipping caper takes me back to my school days when copping 6 of the best was a regular occurance..Six weeks @ 6 wins a week.

So this week I tipped on Tuesday and will not change them under any circumstances

I tip Port to win when their stars are in and they lose,I I tip them to lose when their stars are out and they win.

Ozzydom post your tips so we can see them Then you will not be able to change.

Last week travelling to Chaing Mai I did not change my tips because the only access to the Internet was the wife's ipad and I hate using it. I usually change some tips but last week I was lucky.

• Like 1

This tipping caper takes me back to my school days when copping 6 of the best was a regular occurance..Six weeks @ 6 wins a week.

So this week I tipped on Tuesday and will not change them under any circumstances

I tip Port to win when their stars are in and they lose,I I tip them to lose when their stars are out and they win.

Enigma thats what Port are....them and the Cats last season...picked them they lost dont pick them they win...

• Like 1

Last week travelling to Chaing Mai I did not change my tips because the only access to the Internet was the wife's ipad and I hate using it. I usually change some tips but last week I was lucky.

OK,here they are...Hawks,,Magpies....Cats...Swans...Dees...Crows...GWS....N M....Port A

some tight games coming up this weekend..

Geel v Weagles

Gold Coast v Melb

Doggies v Crows

Port v brissie

• Like 1

Enigma thats what Port are....them and the Cats last season...picked them they lost dont pick them they win...

Brisbane a good chance against Port this weekend..

Cats to continue their form, or Eagles to prove they can be a challenger for the title?

Here's mine for what it's worth.

Thaivisa Tipping Comp

Hawthorn

Collingwood

Geelong

Sydney

Gold Coast

Western Bulldogs

GWS

North Melbourne

Pt Adelaide

Dockers Tipping Comp

Hawthorn

Collingwood

Geelong

Sydney

Melbourne

Adelaide

GWS

North Melbourne

Pt Adelaide

OK,here they are...Hawks,,Magpies....Cats...Swans...Dees...Crows...GWS....N M....Port A

Geel v Weagles

Gold Coast v Melb

Doggies v Crows

Port v brissie

Come on BookMan.

I much prefer it when you play silly buggers with us allsmile.png

Hawthorn

Collingwood

Geelong

Sydney

Gold Coast

Western Bulldogs

GWS

North Melbourne

Pt Adelaide

With that red writing under your name do we now have our dedicated moderator.

Congratulations.

• Like 1

Geel v Weagles

Gold Coast v Melb

Doggies v Crows

Port v brissie

Come on BookMan.

I much prefer it when you play silly buggers with us allsmile.png

I just call them like i see them.. i can't be responsible for inner demons urging you to back Richmondgigglem.gif

Such as the Weagles and Geelong... West Cast at near full strength and a potent goal kicking posse..Grand finalists last season..

Geelong.. struggling to kick goals last year... their saviour Dangerfield is only one man

Be difficult not to select West Coast

Hawthorn

Collingwood

Geelong

Sydney

Gold Coast

Western Bulldogs

GWS

North Melbourne

Pt Adelaide

With that red writing under your name do we now have our dedicated moderator.

Congratulations.

Thanks for that and you won't have any problems from me as I'm only supposed to be attached to the photography forums. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

The Daw has just been opened up on the Saints v Roos match...

That could change the tipping scenario...

Saints a real chance in this game I reckon...they looked polished and in control last week

• Like 2

"Why is everyone so scared of the Giants?"...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-04/a-giant-debate

PREDICTING the future is the hardest task in football.

Yet most seem convinced Greater Western Sydney is on the road to football domination, despite being in the same position on the ladder after round six as they were in 2015.

The Giants have used their list establishment rules so well that even if they finished in the top four this season, or even won a premiership, they would take three first-round draft picks (or the points equivalent) into the 2016 NAB AFL Draft.

That is three first-round draft picks to add to the 22 first-round picks already on the list (if you include the four 'first-rounders' it recruited from other clubs).

About 10 per cent of the first-round draft picks spread around the 18 clubs sit on the Giants' list.

So those establishing the club did well, recruiting young talent from other clubs that are coming into their prime now such as Tom Scully, Callan Ward and Phil Davis.

The Giants also took advantage of the fact other clubs didn't want Shane Mumford, Ryan Griffen, Steve Johnson and Heath Shaw and made them feel at home.

They have also grabbed a few players others had the chance to snag such as West Australian Rory Lobb, at pick No.29 in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft.

So strong is their access to talent that only two of the 12 players they have selected by pick No.13 in the past four drafts are in the team.

Four have been traded, Cam McCarthy is sitting out the year, three are unfortunately injured and the two latest picks are playing in the NEAFL.

Other clubs would have trouble explaining why four years of high picks had, to date, yielded just two senior players (and a bit of trade currency).

The Giants came under fire for trading Tom Boyd, but beyond that they have not seemed to have to explain their choices to the same extent as other clubs.

In fact they have had so much talent, 22 former players are at other AFL clubs, with former Suns spread beyond the Gold Coast totaling just seven.

All of the above probably explains why even normally mild-mannered recruiters are having a conniption about the Riverina being in the Giants' academy zone.

GWS chairman threatens to quit over Riverina debate

They can see that turning the Riverina talent tap on will make the gap between their clubs and the Giants so wide it will never be bridged.

One recruiter told AFL.com.au on Wednesday the debate would stop as soon as the AFL took the Riverina region out of the GWS academy zone.

Of course, Giants CEO Dave Matthews sees things quite differently.

"I don't see it as exclusive access. I see it as a development program," Matthews told SEN on Wednesday.

"What gets lost is that there is a bidding system in place so any talent that comes through is listed at fair value."

He can see some roadblocks around the corner for the Giants, with free agency a real danger to their seemingly never-ending source of talent.

In 2019, when players such as Dylan Shiel, Jeremy Cameron and Devon Smith (who are not even included in the 22 first-round draft picks) are eligible to become free agents, you can imagine the race for their signatures.

It will be hard, hostile and perhaps tempting for the players, particularly if the club is set up and a premiership is in the bag.

That is when turning the Riverina tap to flood the Giants might become necessary.

But right now, it seems, if the recruiters' predictions are right, a luxury that few supporters can understand.

The clubs signed off on the list concession rules but are beginning to feel, in the words of Melbourne coach Paul Roos, "enough is enough".

It's a Giant debate that has to happen.

But one that must take in the big picture if the game is to flourish and a national footprint established.

• Like 2