Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Nat Fyfe is out for the season.

Fyfe underwent surgery last month to have a plate inserted in his fractured right fibula, which will not be removed until the latter portion of the season.

On medical advice, the Dockers say they will not try to rush Fyfe back to action and risk further damage to the 24-year-old's career.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-12/dockers-star-fyfe-to-miss-2016-afl-season-after-breaking-leg/7409076

• Like 1

Reigning Brownlow Medallist Nat Fyfe will not play again in season 2016.

The 24-year-old had surgery last month to insert a plate in his fibula after fracturing his left leg in Fremantle’s loss to Carlton in round five at Domain Stadium.

Fyfe suffered a similar injury to his left leg in last year’s Preliminary Final loss to Hawthorn and subsequently underwent surgery to insert a plate in his fibula.

The plate that was inserted after Fyfe’s most recent surgery is due to be removed by the mid to late season mark, which will be followed a period of rehabilitation.

HBF Injury Update: Morabito latest

General manager of football operations Chris Bond said the decision was based on medical advice.

“It’s disappointing for Nat and our members and supporters but we will always act in the best long-term interests of a player’s health and well-being,” Bond said.

“Based on clear medical advice Nat will not be available to play again in 2016.

“He is due to have the plate removed later in the year and will then undergo a carefully planned period of rehabilitation.

“Our medical advice is that if Nat completes the rehabilitation phase without any setbacks he will be fit and available to start the 2017 pre-season on schedule.”

• Like 1

AFL Dude?? "Channel closed by Copyright Holder "

What a shame. Too good a thing to last long.

Anybody have a suggestion about how to watch the footy on the weekend now?

Thank you AFLDude for the past enjoyment. wink.png

• Like 2

Oooh.

Aussiesrul.es has been offline for over 24 hours as well.

Sounds like it could be related. I hope not.

Oooh.

Aussiesrul.es has been offline for over 24 hours as well.

Sounds like it could be related. I hope not.

I think News Corporation or the AFL would hold the copyright, so I guess it would be related.

Probably they have let the "pirates" go for 7 rounds to whet the appetite of freeloaders like myself.

Now the shutdown and it’s pay up to view or back to the radio broadcasts.

Maybe I will get more work done now. But, watching footy all weekend has been a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Former Brisbane Lions great Jonathan Brown has joined the chorus of past players urging the Dockers to recruit Melbourne young gun Jesse Hogan at any cost.

Brown says Fremantle, currently languishing at the bottom of the table, should offer Hogan $15 million over ten years to lure him back to WA.

1462843369434.jpg

Hahaha, your taking on Bookies roll now of trying to piss me off.....not going to happen, Freo have hit a wall, they will have to rebuild, they got a few uninterested passengers now, nothing much coming in soon either, now do you think this gun forward would leave an up and coming team who look like they could play finals this year but for sure next?

No mate, he won't leave, the Dee's will lock him up for 5 to 7 ys and a million a season, we look very attractive for anyone looking to play finals, the press have nothing better to do, the Dees want him, the AFL want a strong Dee's and Jackson is no dumbie, he managed to lure Roos out of retirement you think he will let Hogan go so easy?

Freo aint going anywhere fast for the next few years, there going to need some decent draft picks to move back up the ladder, oh and some new recruiters i mean....you took Col from us, lazy boy Col.

• Like 2

The AFL need the fashion police, oh my god the Crows away jumper was worse than the WCE heritage mock up of the orig....not to mention the Suns jumper.

Caught a bit of the Crows game last week....i couldn't believe my eyes, puss yellow, no wonder there hard to beat this year no one will go near them.

The Saints do it well, the Hawks white away looks good, the Dees got it at last, but that puke yello....absolutely horrible

Former Brisbane Lions great Jonathan Brown has joined the chorus of past players urging the Dockers to recruit Melbourne young gun Jesse Hogan at any cost.

Brown says Fremantle, currently languishing at the bottom of the table, should offer Hogan $15 million over ten years to lure him back to WA.

1462843369434.jpg

Hahaha, your taking on Bookies roll now of trying to piss me off.....not going to happen, Freo have hit a wall, they will have to rebuild, they got a few uninterested passengers now, nothing much coming in soon either, now do you think this gun forward would leave an up and coming team who look like they could play finals this year but for sure next?

No mate, he won't leave, the Dee's will lock him up for 5 to 7 ys and a million a season, we look very attractive for anyone looking to play finals, the press have nothing better to do, the Dees want him, the AFL want a strong Dee's and Jackson is no dumbie, he managed to lure Roos out of retirement you think he will let Hogan go so easy?

Freo aint going anywhere fast for the next few years, there going to need some decent draft picks to move back up the ladder, oh and some new recruiters i mean....you took Col from us, lazy boy Col.

1.5 mill a year,Geez,I better get the nugget out and polish up the old Jenkins, If I could remember where I put them 55 years ago.biggrin.png

• Like 2

1462843369434.jpg

1.5 mill a year,Geez,I better get the nugget out and polish up the old Jenkins, If I could remember where I put them 55 years ago.biggrin.png

Before my timebiggrin.png but i did start in a pair of ankle lace ups,addidas for memory.

I like the old country system where the top 5 got paid well after the game,although if you won it generally went into a jug or three for the rest of the team.burp.gif

• Like 2

All quiet on the Bulldogs front, commands Crows coach Pyke

Irate members of the Adelaide hierarchy were instructed by coach Don Pyke to remain publicly silent over Luke Beveridge's 'disgusting' barb, which the Crows have taken personally and which has intensified the bitterness between the two clubs.

smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png
Callooh Callay

• Like 2

Some interesting changes here.

Friday, May 13

Adelaide v Geelong at Adelaide Oval, 7.20pm ACST

ADELAIDE
In: W.Milera
Out: D.Mackay (hamstring)

GEELONG
In: J.Bews, C.Gregson
Out: L.McCarthy (ankle), N.Cockatoo (knee)

Saturday, May 14

Essendon v North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium, 1.45pm AEST

ESSENDON
In: P.Ambrose, K.Langford, D.Parish, C.McKenna
Out: C.Dempsey (hamstring), J.Simpkin (hamstring), J.Gwilt (rested), S.McKernan (quad)

NORTH MELBOURNE
In: L.Thomas, M.Daw, B.McKenzie
Out: D.Wells (quad), M.Firrito (managed), S.Higgins (knee)

Hawthorn v Fremantle at Aurora Stadium, 2.10pm AEST

HAWTHORN
In: S.Mitchell, J.Frawley
Out: C.Rioli (family illness), K.Lovell

FREMANTLE
In: C.Pearce, E.Langdon, Z.Clarke
Out: M.Pavlich (rested), Z.Dawson, M.Barlow

Greater Western Sydney v Gold Coast at Spotless Stadium, 4.35pm AEST

GWS
In: T.Mohr, J.Hopper
Out: P.Davis (hamstring), T.Greene (soreness)
New: Jacob Hopper (North Ballarat U18)

GOLD COAST
In: C.Ah Chee, T.Nicholls, K.Brooksby, B.Matera, M.Shaw, J.Leslie
Out: H.Schade, J. Garlett, M.Rosa (hamstring), A.Sexton (arm), C.Cameron (knee), D.Currie (hip)

Brisbane Lions v Collingwood at the Gabba, 7.25pm AEST

BRISBANE LIONS
In: D.Merrett, L.Taylor
Out: H.Andrews (foot), T.Rockliff (hamstring)

COLLINGWOOD
In: T.Varcoe, B.Sinclair, T.Adams
Out: B.Reid (shoulder), T.Broomhead (ankle), J.Aish

Richmond v Sydney Swans at the MCG, 7.25pm AEST

RICHMOND
In: A.Rance, D.Grimes
Out: K.McIntosh (ankle), J.Castagna

SYDNEY SWANS
In: T.Richards, D.Towers
Out: D.Robinson (shoulder), B.McGlynn (corked thigh)

Sunday, May 15

Carlton v Port Adelaide at Etihad Stadium, 1.10pm AEST

CARLTON
In: S.White, D.Buckley, N.Graham
Out: -

PORT ADELAIDE
In: S.Gray, K.Amon, D.Howard
Out: -

Melbourne v Western Bulldogs at the MCG, 3.20pm AEST

MELBOURNE
In: J.Grimes, C.Salem, A.Neal-Bullen, O.McDonald
Out: D.Kent (back)

WESTERN BULLDOGS
In: B.Williams, L.Jong, M.Honeychurch, J.Dunkley
Out: M.Adams (finger)
New: Bailey Williams (Glenelg)

West Coast v St Kilda at Domain Stadium, 2.40pm AWST

WEST COAST
In: S.Butler, P.McGinnity, J.Bennell, T.Cole
Out: L.Jetta
New: Tom Cole (Bendigo U18)

ST KILDA
In: D.Roberton, L.Pierce, B.Murdoch, E.Templeton, J.Sinclair
Out: S.Fisher (soreness) , D.Minchington
New: Lewis Pierce (Dandenong U18)

• Like 1

The Richmond dominance of the Swans continues. wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

good grief!!!

what a dismal effort by half a dozen Swans players... tackles way down... disposals way down...inside 50s way down.

Teddy looking too slow... first gamer Hiscox was way out if his depth. ... i never want to see Dean Towers back in the side. idiot could have run the clock down kicking sideways to Buddy.. 2 minutes before that made a pathetic attempt at a tackle and ended up a richmond goal.

Hiscox was a liability.... Papley way too quiet... so many lapses in defence. 2nd quarter there was no urgency or pressure

Buddy, heeney and hanneberry were outstanding

The Richmond dominance of the Swans continues. wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

good grief!!!

what a dismal effort by half a dozen Swans players... tackles way down... disposals way down...inside 50s way down.

Teddy looking too slow... first gamer Hiscox was way out if his depth. ... i never want to see Dean Towers back in the side. idiot could have run the clock down kicking sideways to Buddy.. 2 minutes before that made a pathetic attempt at a tackle and ended up a richmond goal.

Hiscox was a liability.... Papley way too quiet... so many lapses in defence. 2nd quarter there was no urgency or pressure

Buddy, heeney and hanneberry were outstanding

Your a hard man Boolman,i think youve been punching above your weight this year.tongue.png

• Like 1