Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Thanks WILL, it was a pack of Wagon Wheels this weekend, dont know about white hot form...looked pretty cut and dried to me this weekend.....need to back off as its a poisoned chalice who leads early in TV Tipping, Books has peaked early, if it was a few more rounds in and coupe of extra picks behind the kid would be irrational....its not even close to halfway mark yet so its still a raffle, from 10th up its anybody though sailor boy is making a charge....he's the man to watch, I'm just a stayer....you know....the OX

I haven't peaked yet mate...I don't blow early like some of you guys

• Like 2

Fantasy......Blowjo continues to charge now just out of the 8, 3 wins in a row, well kid its beginners luck happened to me last season now look at me, i managed to scrape in on the back of Watts and Hogan having great games against the Lions, both played above normal thank god and happy to say i knocked off one of them league footballer, the win moved me one game clear of Chooks and out of the relegation zone.

Chooks was cleaned up by Joblow putting an end to any though of playing off this season, Grant another solid win this time against Scott....Fj continues to languish, blame it on the Philippines adventure, Leonine was cleaned up by top side The Traders and poor Rip was piped in the final minutes.

TV members aside from Grant and possibly Joboss a spent force in the creation of the new league...Grant the only member in the 8 with a good record of 6-2, Joboss making ground sitting at 4-4, Rip hanging in at 3-4 still could make it as Scott and Nic don't look to steady there at 7th and 8th, the rest of us...me at 3-4 Chooks at 2-6 Fj at 1-7 Leonie at 1-7 just not good enough.

I didn't have much time this week, had to quickly rush my tips in and didn't look at fantasy. Work, my son's footy training and off to Etihad on Saturday straight after work so he could play at half time. And he was on Television.

Good news about the Saints starting their rebuild early

• Like 1

Family Court Ruling from Perth Western Australia

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Fremantle Dockers , whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Thanks Ron

While reading I was trying to think what the punch line would be. It made me laugh.

An interesting week for tipsters,with at least five games that look each way bets.

Swans v Roos - at the SCG

Dees v Port

Blues v Cats

Pies v Dogs - looking forward to a great game, too bad AFL Dude is down.

??

Sure to get some of them wrong,, if not most..

Big game on this weekend....in fantasy, its me up against CHOOKS, would almost be the battle for the wooden spoon except Fj is in outback Phillipines for the next 5 weeks which means he will win few games or thats his excuse, anyway good chance to get 2 games clear of the dude, were in rebuilding mode so starving off a bottom 4 finish is paramount the coach said after selection came out.

• Like 1

An interesting week for tipsters,with at least five games that look each way bets.

Swans v Roos - at the SCG

Dees v Port

Blues v Cats

Pies v Dogs - looking forward to a great game, too bad AFL Dude is down.

??

Sure to get some of them wrong,, if not most..

First game isn't so hard to pick joblow, north are ready to drop one and swans looking deadlier as the season progresses....but then again.....dads army has taken all before it.

Dees against port....gees i changed my mind on closer investigation, you will have to wait till 5 pm sat afternoon to find out.

Who would pick the Lions? tough the Hawks are not anything great at the moment, danger danger will robinson...

That ordinary team Saints coming up against an even more ordinary team...freo.....short straw is the winner.

The might bombers against a resurgent tigers....interestingly dusty's fantasy score is 20% better of late....is that an indication for something?

Those black birds against the tall ones from up north, this is the hardest game of the round...well i cast my eye to the sky this morning from my balcony, there were no tall men i could see nor were there any black birds on the horizon, i turned to my doggie cho and asked his opinion but he was not there, he avoids friday mornings, what to do what to do?

Blues against the Cats, good money can now be safely be put on the blues, but i wouldn't want to be playing the cats after they lost the week before...this is where i stick my neck out the cats will show the blues come this weekend its a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll with the big guys, a drubbing of the magnitude of a 7.5 on the Richter scale is heavily indicated here.

Maggies and doggies, who is more mature? pies ever so depressingly inadequate against an emerging dogs, I'm not convinced the dogs are a power of yet maybe next year, the pies on the other hand bridesmaids for so long....we turn to CHOOKS for the answer here.

Eagles do it right do it quite suns on the other hand, well rodney it seemed was given an Aston Martin Advantage but it turned out to be a second hand 1964 Ford Mustang, the holiday capital of Australia is not a good place to grow an AFL club, the Lions quickly moved north and 3 flags followed, i feel for Eade, i think he is one of the best coaches around would have been happy if he had gone to the Dees, Abblet on the other hand still a good player of course but isn't the leader you would want, spends to much time at the beach and polishing his head, suns wont win another game this year, wont Finnish last because the bombers are even more crap.

Noticed the kid isn't shooting is selections mid week anymore...hes in stress mode, Will has quietened down too ahh tipsters beware number 1 is not the place you want to be to early...unless you have nerves of steel...

• Like 2

Big game on this weekend....in fantasy, its me up against CHOOKS, would almost be the battle for the wooden spoon except Fj is in outback Phillipines for the next 5 weeks which means he will win few games or thats his excuse, anyway good chance to get 2 games clear of the dude, were in rebuilding mode so starving off a bottom 4 finish is paramount the coach said after selection came out.

I've looked at my opponents team for this round and it appears that FJ will be only fielding 3/4 of a team. Me thinks that he should have appointed a caretaker coach if it was possible.

But, best not count the 4 points before the end of the weekend.

Good luck Alex.

I've looked at my opponents team for this round and it appears that FJ will be only fielding 3/4 of a team. Me thinks that he should have appointed a caretaker coach if it was possible.

But, best not count the 4 points before the end of the weekend.

Good luck Alex.

Chooks has the wood on me, he piped me each time i played him last season there is no indication that will change said the coach, i made a flawed judgment at seasons start I'm paying for it now but we haven't reached the half way mark as yet and only need to be in the eight, a win will keep the fires burning a loss well kiss my arse goodbye...

Fj is saving face young man....i said from the start to Finnish in front of he and the kid in tipping and fantasy i would consider it a successful season, i have bragging rights in fantasy until the last day of sept....and I'm going to use it all up......quitey between you and i it was beginners luck....i mean....win the premiership and i never played fantasy before...then after the guys knifed carnegie joe it catapulted me into second....and mind you i hadn't had much interest in football for 10 ys......

ps why do i want to Finnish in front of Fj and the kid? because they were once kings of tipping....little bit like St Kilda every few years pull out the only cup they have polish it and invite the colling wood team out for dinner, were once....i like that.....were once kings....were once....nice ring to it....

Notice my mac likes to make a capital f from when i type Finnish.....wonder why?

• Like 1

Notice my mac likes to make a capital f from when i type Finnish.....wonder why?

It does this, because it fears you are illiterate and are referring to the people of Finland as opposed to coming to the end of something. Unfortunately Apple haven't mastered 'predictive sentences' yet...

• Like 1

The game between Crows and GWS is interesting. At this stage both teams have 50% of the tipsters and are both 1.92 with the bookies. Wonder if we will have a draw.

Melb V Freo. Melb opened up at 1.73 an are now 2.10. Port opened up at 2.10 and are now 1.75.

In tonights game Norths have firmed from 3.10 to 2.85. Hope the Swans win.

• Like 2

It does this, because it fears you are illiterate and are referring to the people of Finland as opposed to coming to the end of something. Unfortunately Apple haven't mastered 'predictive sentences' yet...

Apple has a mind of its own but hey I spend no money on keeping it going most unlike my 2 Windows laptops, I can tolerate capital f.... And as I suspected swans mowing down the kangaroos 31p up yep I picked the swans but by a much lesser margin.

Yes Rip port should start fav though it should be close.

Apple has a mind of its own but hey I spend no money on keeping it going most unlike my 2 Windows laptops, I can tolerate capital f.... And as I suspected swans mowing down the kangaroos 31p up yep I picked the swans but by a much lesser margin.

Yes Rip port should start fav though it should be close.

Swans only up by 9 at halftime. Norths have fought back.

• Like 1

Swans by 26 points. What a great win. It is good to see the Swans end Norths winning streak in 2016. Also very good for my tipping.

15 other members thought like you Ripfacepalm.gif

Edited by AlexRRR

Swans by 26 points. What a great win. It is good to see the Swans end Norths winning streak in 2016. Also very good for my tipping.

15 other members did not have the same margin.

• Like 2

A golden moment of tipping excellence.

Clear lead in the tipping comp.

Round 10 and the champ just pulls forward.

Caps it off with his fantasy Captain Tom Mitchell scoring 163 x 2 = 326.

Will it get better ?? Can anyone stop him? clap2.gif

I'll crash later this weekend or next week. To early in the year to be in front.

• Like 1

Nice work picking the margin Rip.

I thought I was a chance picking 23 points.

Then again, I'm just happy to pick the winner?

• Like 1

I'm here to say , North Melbourne is not going to win the GF this year...Like Freo last year who were 9-0 (whose issue was kicking enough goals) North lack the quality in the big games. They have an old list and we can expect injuries/exhaustion to key players by years end. North have a tough 5 weeks of games coming up, which I predict they will lost 3 more of those games. (sorry FJ sad.png )

North Melboune were totally outclassed last night, rather than their key players having bad games, they were just locked out of the game. Sydney was more desperate, higher pressure and more ferocious tackling. Kicking accuracy by both teams was not great. North missed some sitters and Sydney totally blew some opportunities, not even posting a behind for several shots

This is a Sydney side with a lot of new players:

Heeney (24)

Mills (10)

Zac Jones (22)

Harry Marsh (debutant last night)

george hewett (8)

Add to that, Sydney having a lack of talls in defence last night (Talia, Richards, Reid injured...Aliir not picked) and this game was North's for the taking. North had 53 inside 40s (to Sydney's 51) and a huge height advantage North couldn't capitalise on.

Sydney's mids were outstanding last night

Kennedy (35 disposals, 12 tackles)

Parker

Jack (13 tackles)

Tommy Tradebait (41 disposals, 10 tackles)

Hanneberry. Influential throughout and North needed to shut him down

Sydney's defence also stood up last night. Zak Jones, Callum Mills, debutant harry Marsh, all carrying their weight. harry looked esp. cool under pressure. Reg Grundy back to his solid best , with Rampe and Smith completing the now dependable backbone

P.S Word on the Soi is Tommy Tradebait Mitchell is now likely to re-sign with Sydney despite some mega huge offer from Carlton

Scott, Longmire urge AFL to look at high-contact free kicks

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-28/scott-longmire-urge-afl-to-look-at-highcontact-frees

I hate soccer coz games are too often decided by players exaggerating contact by the opposition, then going down in screaming agony.

For the sake of our game's integrity, three free kicks the AFL should examine carefully are when players:

1. Drop at the knees moments before a tackle in attempt to get a high tackle a la Lindsay Thomas

2. Shrug the arms during a tackle to push the tackle high a la Joel Selwood

3. Dive forward during a tackle from behind, and the opponent lands in your back a la Marc Murphy.

post-157796-0-46779000-1464395764_thumb.

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 2

I'm here to say , North Melbourne is not going to win the GF this year...Like Freo last year who were 9-0 (whose issue was kicking enough goals) North lack the quality in the big games. They have an old list and we can expect injuries/exhaustion to key players by years end. North have a tough 5 weeks of games coming up, which I predict they will lost 3 more of those games. (sorry FJ sad.png )

North Melboune were totally outclassed last night, rather than their key players having bad games, they were just locked out of the game. Sydney was more desperate, higher pressure and more ferocious tackling. Kicking accuracy by both teams was not great. North missed some sitters and Sydney totally blew some opportunities, not even posting a behind for several shots

This is a Sydney side with a lot of new players:

Heeney (24)

Mills (10)

Zac Jones (22)

Harry Marsh (debutant last night)

george hewett (8)

Add to that, Sydney having a lack of talls in defence last night (Talia, Richards, Reid injured...Aliir not picked) and this game was North's for the taking. North had 53 inside 40s (to Sydney's 51) and a huge height advantage North couldn't capitalise on.

Sydney's mids were outstanding last night

Kennedy (35 disposals, 12 tackles)

Parker

Jack (13 tackles)

Tommy Tradebait (41 disposals, 10 tackles)

Hanneberry. Influential throughout and North needed to shut him down

Sydney's defence also stood up last night. Zak Jones, Callum Mills, debutant harry Marsh, all carrying their weight. harry looked esp. cool under pressure. Reg Grundy back to his solid best , with Rampe and Smith completing the now dependable backbone

P.S Word on the Soi is Tommy Tradebait Mitchell is now likely to re-sign with Sydney despite some mega huge offer from Carlton

I tend to agree about North not winning the premiership BookMan.

North also have an ordinary percentage so they could drop down the ladder pretty quickly if they have a few losses.

Sydney would just about be premiership favourites at this point in time. GWS are playing great footy as well but still

have to wait and see what they're like away from home. Still seems to be pretty open.

North have found out that it's bloody hard to beat top 8 sides on their own turf.

I've always thought they were flat track bulliestongue.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

As Khun BM alluded to earlier, looks like we'll have to change Tommy's nick name to One Team Tommy wink.png

His old man was looking well chuffed last night, sitting next to Sydney's favorite son, Paul Kelly.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/sydney/tom-mitchell-set-to-reject-strong-carlton-interest-and-resign-with-sydney-swans/news-story/999fa8d2f3c905b82c0ac9a2e8fcbffd

GUN Sydney midfielder Tom Mitchell is set to rebuff Carlton’s interest and sign a contract extension with the Swans.

The Herald Sun can reveal a new deal for the prolific ball-winner could be finalised within the next fortnight, locking away one of Sydney’s most important midfield cogs.

Sydney officials met Mitchell’s manager, Phil Mullen, to formalise key details on Monday, paving way for a long-term extension.

The ball magnet — who was best on ground in Friday night’s win over North Melbourne with 41 disposals and 10 tackles — is out of contract at the end of the season.

Mullen told the Herald Sun on Friday the new contract was “a work in progress” and said the 22-year-old on-baller was happy in Sydney, despite Carlton’s strong interest in last year’s trade period.

Swans chiefs are extremely confident the 181cm hard-nut will soon recommit.

The new deal is a massive coup for the Swans after tying up fellow midfielders Daniel Hannebery and Luke Parker to five-year contracts within the past 12 months.

Mitchell struggled to cement a regular position in his first few years but became a mainstay in the engine room last season, playing 19 games.

Mitchell had his best game for Sydney last weekend, helping shut down superstar on-baller Sam Mitchell in the Swans’ win over Hawthorn at the MCG.

The clearance machine, who was taken father-son by Sydney in 2011, has averaged 26 possessions for the Swans across all 10 games this season.

His father, Barry, played 170 games for Sydney, 13 at Collingwood and 38 at Carlton.

Mitchell is slated to play his 50th game against Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium next Saturday night.

• Like 2

Carlton couldn't secure Tommy Mitchell under the father-son rule as his dad didn't play 100 games in the CFC jumper.

However, big Shaun Hampson, who switched to Richmond after only 63 games for The Blues, is married to supermodel, Megan Gale, an avid Carlton fan.

So I am hopeful that their two year old son, River Hampson, will eventually be selected for Carlton under the AFL's new mother-son rule.

• Like 1