Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Ummm. A couple of quickies chaps.

1. I'm guessing if I don't get my tips in in time, they default to home side, right?

2. Only the first game allowed me to select by how much. Why?

Sorry in advance if I'm absent from tipping on some weeks. Other crappy things going on.

Go Tiger!

40 minutes ago, stud858 said:

1. I'm guessing if I don't get my tips in in time, they default to home side, right?

Sorry in advance if I'm absent from tipping on some weeks. Other crappy things going on.

Go Tiger!

1 They default to AWAY teams with a maximum of 5.

2 That is their rule.

3 You can tip now if you like.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stud858 said:

Go Tiger!

They have a margin game so they can pick a winner for the round if posters have the same tips.

Also, the margin acts like percentage during they year so it comes in quite handy.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

Oh dear.

Great way to make a good first impression Jess.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/cc99e4e77f91a90416866414c2498d25

We off loaded him just in time.....you recall the merry go around each season? WILL i go or WILL i stay..... im so over it....Daivd Schwartz is reporeted in one of the papers today i read it in Apple News seems he was a bit naughty at Deeland too didnt say much but insnuated a lot, and dave would know being an explayer and all with nose and ears still at the G....here we go here were goo here we goo gooo gooooo..

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, stud858 said:

Go Tiger!

Dont worry about a thing, you wont even get in the top 5 kid so when your away just give me your password and i will fix your tipping right up for you Sudds...

The only guy you will be in front of is Fj...he cant study the tips like he does with Fanatsy..and then it took him to his 4th season to not only nail it was also the first time he got close...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

you wont even get in the top 5

You seem to forget my tip on a game where I got even the margin spot on.

Actually I got the exact scores and knew the first goal scorer and the color of his undies.

• Like 1

Guys, Bigwaz was in the tipping for the last couple of years. He is married to my step daughter and Ron asked him if he wanted to join. At the end of the season some players asked who,he was and made comment about people not joining the comp if they did not partake in ThaiVisa by making comments etc. just getting to general mood whether you wanted more numbers or wanted to limit membership, thanks

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Gazman1 said:

Guys, Bigwaz was in the tipping for the last couple of years. He is married to my step daughter and Ron asked him if he wanted to join. At the end of the season some players asked who,he was and made comment about people not joining the comp if they did not partake in ThaiVisa by making comments etc. just getting to general mood whether you wanted more numbers or wanted to limit membership, thanks

Bigwaz has been a part of our comp for a number of years. I have no problem with him being involved again.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 9:49 PM, Radar501 said:

I don't mind having a few silent tipsters in the comp, but I can't nut it out who Big Wazz actually is 

Thanks for the belated explanation Gaz.   Wazz's connection to your clan should make him more than welcome on the tipping comp,.....maybe he could join TVF and introduce himself here.

On another topic, snickometer technology will be introduced this year to add to the umpires' score review.  Good news, as long as all the forensic analysis doesn't take two minutes each time like it does in the cricket.

Razor Ray Chamberlain always loves the theatre of a review.   Me time.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-19/did-that-goal-hit-the-post-umps-to-ask-snicko-in-2019

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 1

Thanks for the belated explanation Gaz.   Wazz's connection to your clan should make him more than welcome on the tipping comp,.....maybe he could join TVF and introduce himself here.

On another topic, snickometer technology will be introduced this year to add to the umpires' score review.  Good news, as long as all the forensic analysis doesn't take two minutes each time like it does in the cricket.

Razor Ray Chamberlain always loves the theatre of a review.   Me time.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-19/did-that-goal-hit-the-post-umps-to-ask-snicko-in-2019

Thanks Radar, sorry for the late response my mind was on other things at the end of season last year
  • Like 1

A highly unhelpful guide to the Round One

Titus O'Reily

The only guide to the round that admits it’s completely unhelpful. What it lacks in insight, it makes up for with wild theories and detours onto unrelated topics.

It’s your unhelpful guide to Round One. 

Thursday

Carlton vs Richmond (MCG) Seven & Fox, 7:20pm All times are AEDT

Yes! I’m back for another year of unhelpfully guiding you through the mysterious journey that is the AFL season. 

I said ‘journey’ because that’s what not very bright people at work say to sound smart and I’m very keen for you to think I’m smart. 

I think that desire in me goes back to my schooling when I only managed to get my pen licence in year 12. Oh dear, three sentences in and I’m already off-track. It’s going to be a long season.

As always, our excitement for the return of the AFL season is off the charts until we run headfirst into a Carlton game, the biggest excitement killer since realising your Tinder match is a close relative.

Now, many would say I’m too cruel to Carlton, but in my defence, not as brutal as what Carlton did to me when I watch every game of theirs last year and the year before that, and the year before that. 

The Blues have had a pretty good offseason, what with Sam Walsh already winning the Brownlow.

It wasn’t all good news, Alex Fasolo broke his arm while mucking around with mates on Australia Day while drinking.

As punishment, the whole team was made to visit Ravenhall prison.

It was community service, and the prisoners got a lot out of it, saying meeting the Carlton players taught them that life could be worse.

Richmond, who forgot to play last year’s Preliminary Final, went out and got one of the best forwards in a game in Tom Lynch.

It’s always heartening to see free agency work for the little clubs. Lynch was thrilled to finally get to an AFL club, but his knee injury leaves a question mark over him.

Can he work within a functioning team?

Can Richmond win the whole thing this year? They’ve got a good chance. 

Can they beat Carlton? They can’t not beat Carlton. 

Friday

Collingwood vs Geelong (MCG) Seven & Fox, 7:50pm

While we all dodged a Collingwood premiership like we were Neo in The Matrix last year, it was a lot closer than I felt comfortable. 

Adding Dayne Beams in the offseason hasn’t made me feel any safer, with our only hope being the Pies having a more difficult this year, which I am hanging to like Rose grasping onto a wooden panel in Titanic.

Things are looking up for the Pies in other areas too. They finally got through a pre-season with no dog-related injuries.

Geelong appears to again have a good but not great team. 

This week, news has come out that Tim Kelly is willing to join Fremantle rather than just West Coast, as part of his ‘Get me out of Geelong’ campaign.

Not since Ford has has someone been so desperate to leave that city.

It’s a worrying thing, but I think Collingwood will win this.

Saturday

Melbourne vs Port Adelaide (MCG) Fox, 1:45pm

The scars of last year’s Preliminary Final are still pretty raw for Demons fans like me. 

Did I spend a lot of the offseason just bursting into tears at strange moments? Yes, I did. Often in public.

At one stage I was in the city, and I burst into tears thinking about that day in Perth. I lay down on the busy sidewalk, and a small crowd gathered around me. 

When I told them why I was crying, people hugged me and yelled out to the crowd. 

“It’s OK; he’s just a Demons supporter everybody.’

“Oh, the poor thing,” I could hear people saying.

Port Adelaide didn’t have the best offseason, with Ollie Wines injuring himself while having the temerity to have a life outside football, once again furthering my argument that players should be kept in stables when not training or playing football.

Jack Watts also go in some hot water, snorting a ‘completely legal substance’. I bet Shane Mumford wished he’d claimed that too. 

In recent years, Port are like more recent Will Farrell movies; you think they’re going to be a lot better than they turn out to be. 

Melbourne, on the other hand, go into this season in the bizarre situation that they could challenge for a Premiership. That’s a terrifying new position to be in, and I’m not sure how they’ll let me down.

Demons to win this.

Adelaide vs Hawthorn (AO) Fox, 4:35 pm

The Crows go into this season without sabotaging it before it starts, a change in philosophy from last year’s strategy.

A lot of people are picking Adelaide to return to form after the disaster of last year, and it’s quite possible with the list they have.

There are worrying signs though; Mitch McGovern choose to leave for Carlton. A player willingly leaving you for Carlton means one of two things, there’s something wrong with your club, or there’s something wrong with that player.

Another key question is can Eddie Betts focus on this season after captaining the Deadlys? 

Captaining an AFLX team is a hard thing to come down from. Like those astronauts that came back from the moon, everything seems pretty pointless after accomplishing such an amazing feat. 

Hawthorn faces challenges on the field and off. For starters, the Bulldogs seem to be keen to challenge them in ‘worst jumper ever worn in a game’.

It’s hard to pick what’s the worst jumper ever, but Hawthorn has about eight places in the top ten. 

I’ve long been a believer that the worst jumper ever worn is just Hawthorn’s normal jumper. 

The Hawks also lost their midfield to a knee injury in the offseason, meaning they’ll be a bit like a car with no engine. 

Can they overcome such a setback? They’ll do alright. That Alastair Clarkson seems to have a few ideas about coaching, but I can’t see them winning here.

Western Thor vs Sydney (MS) Seven & Fox, 7:25pm

In a league where horrible cash grabs are the norm, it speaks volumes that the Bulldog’s Thor jumper caused gasps from AFL fans.

In perhaps the greatest show of optimism ever, the Bulldogs are even offering it for sale, the equivalent of trying to market syphilis. 

Still, this was a club that dropped ‘Footscray’ from its name to ‘Western’ as a marketing ploy, so we shouldn’t be surprised.

Sydney have been written off by many this year, but it always seems a silly thing to do, what with their ability to constantly find young talent and always make finals.

Perhaps the biggest challenge the Swans face is playing on the SCG this year, alongside NRL and Rugby Union. 

Union scrums made the ground look like ANZ Stadium a few weeks ago. If the Swans can get through home games without all their players being injured, it will be a miracle. 

Even the turf at Marvel Stadium will look great to them. 

Swans to win.

Brisbane vs West Coast (G) Fox, 8:20 pm

Did you know, and you probably don’t if you live in Victoria, that the Eagles won the Premiership last year?

It’s true; they got a cup and everything. 

The collective wisdom is they can’t go back-to-back, but that same collective wisdom had them not playing finals last year. 

It’s possible they win the next five Grand Finals then. 

Brisbane are seen as the new up and comers this year after showing some nice signs last season. 

By ‘nice signs’ I mean ‘at times watchable’.

There are teenagers who can’t remember a good Lions team, so to have them even near the top eight would be a bit of nostalgia, like when S Club 7 toured recently.  

The Eagles could be without Josh Kennedy, but I think they’ll win this.

Sunday

St Kilda vs Gold Coast (MS) Fox, 1:10 pm

Oh man, even on paper this looks painful. I’m probably going to have to watch it, so I may start drinking now to be ready by Sunday.

Across both these teams, there are about six AFL players.

St Kilda fans had a terrible time last year, with the club performing way below their expectations and about equal with everyone else’s.

Not a lot went right, and the big question is what round will Alan Richardson last until? 

I have until halfway through the second quarter of this game. 

Gold Coast are back to being a first-year expansion team. Both their Captains left, and they’ve restocked through the draft, agreeing to host a few players until they’re ready to play at the Crows.

It’s easy to hate on the Gold Coast, and fun too I should add, but if we’re going to have them, it would be nice if the AFL but some focus on them instead of wasting time and resources on the abomination that was AFLX. 

And yes, I know that AFLX was for the kids, which makes you wonder, why does the AFL hate kids?

St Kilda to not lose this.

Greater Western Sydney vs Essendon (Sydney Showground Stadium) Seven & Fox, 3:20 pm

Another year, another offseason of predictions that Bombers will return to the finals. 

It surely has to happen at some point, like the next great pandemic or an asteroid hitting us, it’s just a matter of when.

If the Bombers do perform this year, the combination of Essendon supporters and Jake Stringer being happy is going to be tough to watch. I’ve begun looking at property’s interstate. 

If there’s one place I know I can avoid such news, it’s Western Sydney. 

The Giants go into this season without doomsday predictions from down south that they will walk into the Premiership.

I haven’t seen anyone even predict they can win it. Is it possible the Orange tide may be finally receding, and the Giants may have blown their chance to win 50 premierships in a row?

It’s like the end of the cold war; suddenly in Victoria, we can leave our bomb shelters and feel the sun on our face again.

But perhaps they’re lulling us into a false sense of security. Is this what the AFL marketing department wants us to think? 

I’m not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Giants to win.

Fremantle vs North Melbourne,(OS) Fox, 6:20pm

Whenever you hear the words ‘due diligence’ and a player, you know something has gone wrong. 

Depending on who you believe, Jesse Hogan is set to be one of the greatest busts of all time, or this is a hiccup for a young and talented man.

Despite being a Demons supporter, I’d like to see Jesse do well as I think he’s had a rough trot over recent years.

What does constantly surprise me is so-called mates filming AFL players drinking, snorting COMPLETELY LEGAL SUBSTANCES, and doing other silly things and then putting it online.

Who does that? 

These are like the kids that dob on everyone at school. 

Photos of AFL players doing silly off-field things get shared all over social media, yet photos of AFLW players playing the game get taken down. The world is mad. 

Next time you’re thinking of filming an AFL player doing something silly, don’t. 

North are back again this year to mess with our tips by being good sometimes and other times quite underwhelming. 

I’ve got no read on how they’re going to go this year because I actually know very little about footy and the Kangaroos are also a complete enigma to me. 

I know I should have a better hot take on them than that, so, let's say, anything less than a Premiership from North this year will mean the signing of Jared Polec was a failure.

Fremantle to win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2019 at 11:18 PM, stud858 said:

You seem to forget my tip on a game where I got even the margin spot on.

Actually I got the exact scores and knew the first goal scorer and the color of his undies.

Since your new to tipping you never ever in your wildest dreams in the physical world picked a living soul blow ur 5g trumpet...

13 minutes ago, Will27 said:

A highly unhelpful guide to the Round One

Titus O'Reily

The only guide to the round that admits it’s completely unhelpful. What it lacks in insight, it makes up for with wild theories and detours onto unrelated topics.

It’s your unhelpful guide to Round One. 

Thursday

Carlton vs Richmond (MCG) Seven & Fox, 7:20pm All times are AEDT

Yes! I’m back for another year of unhelpfully guiding you through the mysterious journey that is the AFL season. 

I said ‘journey’ because that’s what not very bright people at work say to sound smart and I’m very keen for you to think I’m smart. 

I think that desire in me goes back to my schooling when I only managed to get my pen licence in year 12. Oh dear, three sentences in and I’m already off-track. It’s going to be a long season.

As always, our excitement for the return of the AFL season is off the charts until we run headfirst into a Carlton game, the biggest excitement killer since realising your Tinder match is a close relative.

Now, many would say I’m too cruel to Carlton, but in my defence, not as brutal as what Carlton did to me when I watch every game of theirs last year and the year before that, and the year before that. 

The Blues have had a pretty good offseason, what with Sam Walsh already winning the Brownlow.

It wasn’t all good news, Alex Fasolo broke his arm while mucking around with mates on Australia Day while drinking.

As punishment, the whole team was made to visit Ravenhall prison.

It was community service, and the prisoners got a lot out of it, saying meeting the Carlton players taught them that life could be worse.

Richmond, who forgot to play last year’s Preliminary Final, went out and got one of the best forwards in a game in Tom Lynch.

It’s always heartening to see free agency work for the little clubs. Lynch was thrilled to finally get to an AFL club, but his knee injury leaves a question mark over him.

Can he work within a functioning team?

Can Richmond win the whole thing this year? They’ve got a good chance. 

Can they beat Carlton? They can’t not beat Carlton. 

Friday

Collingwood vs Geelong (MCG) Seven & Fox, 7:50pm

While we all dodged a Collingwood premiership like we were Neo in The Matrix last year, it was a lot closer than I felt comfortable. 

Adding Dayne Beams in the offseason hasn’t made me feel any safer, with our only hope being the Pies having a more difficult this year, which I am hanging to like Rose grasping onto a wooden panel in Titanic.

Things are looking up for the Pies in other areas too. They finally got through a pre-season with no dog-related injuries.

Geelong appears to again have a good but not great team. 

This week, news has come out that Tim Kelly is willing to join Fremantle rather than just West Coast, as part of his ‘Get me out of Geelong’ campaign.

Not since Ford has has someone been so desperate to leave that city.

It’s a worrying thing, but I think Collingwood will win this.

Saturday

Melbourne vs Port Adelaide (MCG) Fox, 1:45pm

The scars of last year’s Preliminary Final are still pretty raw for Demons fans like me. 

Did I spend a lot of the offseason just bursting into tears at strange moments? Yes, I did. Often in public.

At one stage I was in the city, and I burst into tears thinking about that day in Perth. I lay down on the busy sidewalk, and a small crowd gathered around me. 

When I told them why I was crying, people hugged me and yelled out to the crowd. 

“It’s OK; he’s just a Demons supporter everybody.’

“Oh, the poor thing,” I could hear people saying.

Port Adelaide didn’t have the best offseason, with Ollie Wines injuring himself while having the temerity to have a life outside football, once again furthering my argument that players should be kept in stables when not training or playing football.

Jack Watts also go in some hot water, snorting a ‘completely legal substance’. I bet Shane Mumford wished he’d claimed that too. 

In recent years, Port are like more recent Will Farrell movies; you think they’re going to be a lot better than they turn out to be. 

Melbourne, on the other hand, go into this season in the bizarre situation that they could challenge for a Premiership. That’s a terrifying new position to be in, and I’m not sure how they’ll let me down.

Demons to win this.

Adelaide vs Hawthorn (AO) Fox, 4:35 pm

The Crows go into this season without sabotaging it before it starts, a change in philosophy from last year’s strategy.

A lot of people are picking Adelaide to return to form after the disaster of last year, and it’s quite possible with the list they have.

There are worrying signs though; Mitch McGovern choose to leave for Carlton. A player willingly leaving you for Carlton means one of two things, there’s something wrong with your club, or there’s something wrong with that player.

Another key question is can Eddie Betts focus on this season after captaining the Deadlys? 

Captaining an AFLX team is a hard thing to come down from. Like those astronauts that came back from the moon, everything seems pretty pointless after accomplishing such an amazing feat. 

Hawthorn faces challenges on the field and off. For starters, the Bulldogs seem to be keen to challenge them in ‘worst jumper ever worn in a game’.

It’s hard to pick what’s the worst jumper ever, but Hawthorn has about eight places in the top ten. 

I’ve long been a believer that the worst jumper ever worn is just Hawthorn’s normal jumper. 

The Hawks also lost their midfield to a knee injury in the offseason, meaning they’ll be a bit like a car with no engine. 

Can they overcome such a setback? They’ll do alright. That Alastair Clarkson seems to have a few ideas about coaching, but I can’t see them winning here.

Western Thor vs Sydney (MS) Seven & Fox, 7:25pm

In a league where horrible cash grabs are the norm, it speaks volumes that the Bulldog’s Thor jumper caused gasps from AFL fans.

In perhaps the greatest show of optimism ever, the Bulldogs are even offering it for sale, the equivalent of trying to market syphilis. 

Still, this was a club that dropped ‘Footscray’ from its name to ‘Western’ as a marketing ploy, so we shouldn’t be surprised.

Sydney have been written off by many this year, but it always seems a silly thing to do, what with their ability to constantly find young talent and always make finals.

Perhaps the biggest challenge the Swans face is playing on the SCG this year, alongside NRL and Rugby Union. 

Union scrums made the ground look like ANZ Stadium a few weeks ago. If the Swans can get through home games without all their players being injured, it will be a miracle. 

Even the turf at Marvel Stadium will look great to them. 

Swans to win.

Brisbane vs West Coast (G) Fox, 8:20 pm

Did you know, and you probably don’t if you live in Victoria, that the Eagles won the Premiership last year?

It’s true; they got a cup and everything. 

The collective wisdom is they can’t go back-to-back, but that same collective wisdom had them not playing finals last year. 

It’s possible they win the next five Grand Finals then. 

Brisbane are seen as the new up and comers this year after showing some nice signs last season. 

By ‘nice signs’ I mean ‘at times watchable’.

There are teenagers who can’t remember a good Lions team, so to have them even near the top eight would be a bit of nostalgia, like when S Club 7 toured recently.  

The Eagles could be without Josh Kennedy, but I think they’ll win this.

Sunday

St Kilda vs Gold Coast (MS) Fox, 1:10 pm

Oh man, even on paper this looks painful. I’m probably going to have to watch it, so I may start drinking now to be ready by Sunday.

Across both these teams, there are about six AFL players.

St Kilda fans had a terrible time last year, with the club performing way below their expectations and about equal with everyone else’s.

Not a lot went right, and the big question is what round will Alan Richardson last until? 

I have until halfway through the second quarter of this game. 

Gold Coast are back to being a first-year expansion team. Both their Captains left, and they’ve restocked through the draft, agreeing to host a few players until they’re ready to play at the Crows.

It’s easy to hate on the Gold Coast, and fun too I should add, but if we’re going to have them, it would be nice if the AFL but some focus on them instead of wasting time and resources on the abomination that was AFLX. 

And yes, I know that AFLX was for the kids, which makes you wonder, why does the AFL hate kids?

St Kilda to not lose this.

Greater Western Sydney vs Essendon (Sydney Showground Stadium) Seven & Fox, 3:20 pm

Another year, another offseason of predictions that Bombers will return to the finals. 

It surely has to happen at some point, like the next great pandemic or an asteroid hitting us, it’s just a matter of when.

If the Bombers do perform this year, the combination of Essendon supporters and Jake Stringer being happy is going to be tough to watch. I’ve begun looking at property’s interstate. 

If there’s one place I know I can avoid such news, it’s Western Sydney. 

The Giants go into this season without doomsday predictions from down south that they will walk into the Premiership.

I haven’t seen anyone even predict they can win it. Is it possible the Orange tide may be finally receding, and the Giants may have blown their chance to win 50 premierships in a row?

It’s like the end of the cold war; suddenly in Victoria, we can leave our bomb shelters and feel the sun on our face again.

But perhaps they’re lulling us into a false sense of security. Is this what the AFL marketing department wants us to think? 

I’m not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Giants to win.

Fremantle vs North Melbourne,(OS) Fox, 6:20pm

Whenever you hear the words ‘due diligence’ and a player, you know something has gone wrong. 

Depending on who you believe, Jesse Hogan is set to be one of the greatest busts of all time, or this is a hiccup for a young and talented man.

Despite being a Demons supporter, I’d like to see Jesse do well as I think he’s had a rough trot over recent years.

What does constantly surprise me is so-called mates filming AFL players drinking, snorting COMPLETELY LEGAL SUBSTANCES, and doing other silly things and then putting it online.

Who does that? 

These are like the kids that dob on everyone at school. 

Photos of AFL players doing silly off-field things get shared all over social media, yet photos of AFLW players playing the game get taken down. The world is mad. 

Next time you’re thinking of filming an AFL player doing something silly, don’t. 

North are back again this year to mess with our tips by being good sometimes and other times quite underwhelming. 

I’ve got no read on how they’re going to go this year because I actually know very little about footy and the Kangaroos are also a complete enigma to me. 

I know I should have a better hot take on them than that, so, let's say, anything less than a Premiership from North this year will mean the signing of Jared Polec was a failure.

Fremantle to win.

Well I dont think the Tigers WILL have it all there way even an upset is on the cards though the Tigers looked very sharp in the JLT....

Dee's??? ummm very very poor JLT like they were in it in both games ....just .... warning warning WILL Robinson...a Port side with a lot to prove and many new players of strengths we know not off....

Pies? are you trying to tell me the Cats are gone? or you trying to tell me the Pies WILL continue on from last season?...

Crows becasue there at home and for no other reason....

No need to mention the Western thor with a jumper like that no chance in Marvel land can they win...

If the Eagles had not won the flag id be picking the Lions its just not poissible for the Eagles to loose the first game after the GF win even in Queensland.

Who is more shit...Saints or Suns? both start with an S and end with an S with Aint in the Saints so there for its got to be the SUNS...and becasue there is less manure wops i mean injuries in there system....

Game of the round....Gaints and Bombers, when in dout take the home team..

Freo...shoot urself in the foot big time once again and North.....home ground means a lot over there in the western deserts flip a coin...a North win WILL mean the other Scott is the gay one...

14 minutes ago, Will27 said:

A tweet for Alex:smile:

Titus O'ReilyVerified account @TitusOReily
Follow Follow @TitusOReily
More

Simon Goodwin has signed a three year contract extension. He says he hopes to go one better this year and play in a Preliminary Final.

Yes and not a good win omen dear WILL they could have waited untill round 7 or 8...im not confident at all of starting the season well...they played like faires in there pre season hit outs....not confident at all...

Whoa baby. Excuse my biased opinion, but I thought that was a very entertaining game. A good sign of things to come this season.

Hope Rance is ok. I'm guessing/praying a few weeks rest for him. 

Lynch will find his feet.

A few fumbles.

Blues gave a good go at it but as all figured Tigers the stronger team.

More

You can see why this kicks off the season instead of the Grand Finalists facing each other. #AFLBluesTigers

1:49 AM - 21 Mar 2019

More

The only reason you'd schedule this game is if you want to start the season with a ritual sacrifice to the footy gods. #AFLBluesTigers

1:56 AM - 21 Mar 2019
More

I mean, the AFL are keen to change the time of the Grand Final, but then act like this fixture is set in stone. #AFLBluesTigers

1:57 AM - 21 Mar 2019
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, stud858 said:

Whoa baby. Excuse my biased opinion, but I thought that was a very entertaining game. A good sign of things to come this season.

Hope Rance is ok. I'm guessing/praying a few weeks rest for him. 

Lynch will find his feet.

A few fumbles.

Blues gave a good go at it but as all figured Tigers the stronger team.

Turned it off after the 1st quarter, totally boring one sided game

• Like 1

The fine is a bit poor I thought he probably should be banned from the ground, this sort of behaviour should be stamped out and what will the remedy be, ban the sale of alcohol or impose a limit on the beer strength
  • Like 1