Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

3 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Not really a cheerleader for Clarko but reckon he's a gun coach.

Think they will have to trade and draft some youth for a change.

Not sure age has much to do with it TBH.

You can either coach or you can't I reckon.

Ask Uncle Alex if he'd prefer Ross Lyon or Goody.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Sam Mitchell.

A lot are saying he will be the next senior coach.

Will he wait for Clarko to go at the end of 2022 or will he go

elsewhere for a senior job?

Clarko would be best off moving to another club IMO.  Pick the right club and he could further his legend

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:
Yep, thanks to the players for doing their jobs and getting paid handsomely to slum it in 5 star resorts.
BTW, I must've missed his tweet when the WA and SA clubs had to do it first.

Friday Night Footy 1.2 million of us wait enthral To all the players keeping this season afloat in such abnormal circumstances thanks for what you're doing.
We see you Go well #lovethegame

Now Now WILL......like you out of all of us was hanging from the verandah beam supporting your roof....for the action to start again.

The way things are going the GF WILL get pulled, cant see Andy allowing 90,000 at the G in October so the precident is being set up for a shift....but then again Sydney recored 2 corvid cases over night, if they spike its an empty MCG in October......

Quality? might be more than just the lack of training, take the Hawks....and if your going to quote me Books get it right....once was a fan of there's....and that was a time they were the family club and recruited within....through the ranks....ive stated here they lost me when they went too FA, and the Dee's WILL  loosing me too if they keep going to FA to top up.....Hawks picked the eyes out of FA and its back fired, they are all over the place, champions one day garbage the next, it was always going to be an experiment for them, noticed NFL clubs picking up FA's, none have done well when they set to pillage it the better clubs like the Patriots and Rams are very selective as the Tigers were.

The quality of players is a bit thin I think, add less quality of training and its showing up this year.....18 clubs ....ive always said there isnt enough to go around....

I think there a few clubs...try around 6 to 8 that are untouchable one week or over several weeks then drop there bundle for a few...I think the GF teams is wide open...,.dout there will be any clear winners this year, it could be 2016 again where if your in the 8 and hit your straps you can go all the way.

I recommend that you find something else to do during in the Victorian winter dear WILL....nothing is going to change I can bet ya....

Ho and I did mention it here....now Damian Hardwick is calling for it last few days...expand the interchange bench.....I recon were (or should be) heading for NFL like bench and I think its a great idea....forget 2cds teams 10 on the bench you can run a few kids and see how they go.....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Clarko would be best off moving to another club IMO.  Pick the right club and he could further his legend

He's already said he would never walk away from a contract unless the club didn't want him there.

Still, I'm not sure he will be there until the end of 2022.

A succession plan with Sam Mitchell could be a possibility but another 2 years is a long

time for Sam to wait.

4 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Ho and I did mention it here....now Damian Hardwick is calling for it last few days...expand the interchange bench.....I recon were (or should be) heading for NFL like bench and I think its a great idea....forget 2cds teams 10 on the bench you can run a few kids and see how they go.....

Reduce the players on the field to 16 is my preference.

I know I know "don't change the game":biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Quality? might be more than just the lack of training, take the Hawks....and if your going to quote me Books get it right....once was a fan of there's....and that was a time they were the family club and recruited within....through the ranks...

I guess you mean the Jason Dunstall era?

13 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Not really a cheerleader for Clarko but reckon he's a gun coach.

Think they will have to trade and draft some youth for a change.

Not sure age has much to do with it TBH.

You can either coach or you can't I reckon.

Ask Uncle Alex if he'd prefer Ross Lyon or Goody.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Sam Mitchell.

A lot are saying he will be the next senior coach.

Will he wait for Clarko to go at the end of 2022 or will he go

elsewhere for a senior job?

Ross Lyon thanks....and I dont know what posseses the thinking of Football departments when they keep overlooking experienced coaches.....I recon that North's Scott is a hidden gem....ok didnt do much at North but right now has 10 years over Mitchell pretty sure he would be a pretty good coach if given the chance again.

Alan jeans was regarded at the Saints as an ordinary coach who won a flag, at the time the thinking was they had a fantastic list, they struggled to back it up....Goes to the Hawks and history is written, I think the chase for brand new coaches is bullocks....

Lyon is worth another spin as is Scott, Dee's next coach should be an experienced man....Voss? why not....thats assuming they start stepping up....

By the way ive tipped the Suns today...Demons when backs to the wall like with the Flac of there "Talk" preseason dont back it up....they do not have a history of rasing to the occasion....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Will27 said:

He's already said he would never walk away from a contract unless the club didn't want him there.

Still, I'm not sure he will be there until the end of 2022.

A succession plan with Sam Mitchell could be a possibility but another 2 years is a long

time for Sam to wait.

Would Sam Mitchell have enough coaching experience to take over that soon?

9 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Reduce the players on the field to 16 is my preference.

I know I know "don't change the game":biggrin:

The 666 was meant to leave it wide open for a run on goal from the winning of the b ounce down sir....hahaha do you think 2 less players on the ground WILL really make much difference?

I use to watch the 16 a side VFA for years....go to the games and on the telly box.....once the action after the bounce was on you wouldnt have noticed any difference.,.they still crowed the forward lines.....the Fallacy that they score more was just that....VFA clubs would often recruit end of career VFL players to stand guard in the forward line who bagged loads of goals....recall Jerka Jenkins who was a ox like Pie ruckman staring for the Wicks.....week in week out.... Toners picked ups Ray Shaw Pie rover as captain coach and a Blues mid forward to lead the charge to a GF win.....

16 a side wont make any difference....seen it...lived it.....

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Up to the individual methinks.

Bucks had 2 and Simmo 4 years.

Buckley was chosen way too early...he needed another 3-4 years learning the coaching ropes

Simmo has had success that's true

Michael Voss is another that comes to mind as jumping in too early

15 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Buckley was chosen way too early...he needed another 3-4 years learning the coaching ropes

Simmo has had success that's true

Michael Voss is another that comes to mind as jumping in too early

Vossy should've gone to WC instead of straight into the top job.

Ego got in the way I reckon.

I reckon 3 or 4 years but a lot depends on the club you go to etc.

15 minutes ago, Will27 said:

David King tweeting that Long should get 4 weeks.

Hard to disagree I reckon.

Let's see if Christian has the minerals.

I reckon he'll give him 2.

Looked careless for sure.  Went for the Shoulder and looked away too early and just kept following through to the head

https://www.afl.com.au/news/463842/watch-saint-on-report-for-huge-bump-on-docker

Well Oz  would have been celebrating on the farm last night......the Dee's fell over the line.....I took it in my stride as a temporary affair.....and didnt Goodwin look uncomfortable there in the third quarter when the Suns were mounting a mighty challenge....he could see his 500,000 $ a year job slide down the drain....Im sure Ross the Boss Lyon was sharping pencils ready to take over....oh well stuck with him a little while longer....

Can some one plz alert me to why my MacBook Pro wipes out my sentences plz.....im getting really poked off about this.....I have punched the keyboard once....didnt do a thing.....Right i googled it, google is your friend.....didnt find my issue but gave me an idea.... , F***** look back and words are missing......think part of the problem is with TV it seems i have this issue in this forum a lot....jumping around like a pack of pop corn going off in a pan....

im over this......can we move to a new forum that doesn't have jumping pages guys? any suggestions?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Well Oz  would have been celebrating on the farm last night......the Dee's fell over the line.....I took it in my stride as a temporary affair.....and didnt Goodwin look uncomfortable there in the third quarter when the Suns were mounting a mighty challenge....he could see his 500,000 $ a year job slide down the drain....Im sure Ross the Boss Lyon was sharping pencils ready to take over....oh well stuck with him a little while longer....

Can some one plz alert me to why my MacBook Pro wipes out my sentences plz.....im getting really poked off about this.....I have punched the keyboard once....didnt do a thing.....Right i googled it, google is your friend.....didnt find my issue but gave me an idea.... , F***** look back and words are missing......think part of the problem is with TV it seems i have this issue in this forum a lot....jumping around like a pack of pop corn going off in a pan....

im over this......can we move to a new forum that doesn't have jumping pages guys? any suggestions?

I am here to help Uncle Grouchy!

I suspect the page moves all over the place due to the advertising pop ups that TVF want you to see and look at for a certain amount of time.
Money must be made !

5 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

I am here to help Uncle Grouchy!

I suspect the page moves all over the place due to the advertising pop ups that TVF want you to see and look at for a certain amount of time.
Money must be made !

No problems with Adblocker

4 hours ago, ripstanley said:

No problems with Adblocker

ad blockers dont work on apple stuff sir.....poor reviews when i looked.....have blocked pop-up windows in preferences, page still jumps around but so far no vid....lot of issues with this website and its the only website that causes me stress....by the way we had a nail biter of a game....right down to the last min....

18 hours ago, Will27 said:

Another shoot out at Metricon:sleep:

Longmire showing his finest coaching skills once again.  Haven't been a fan of Johnny and the sooner he moves on the better IMO.

Still , Sydney is without  key forwards or established ruckmen due to injuries.

Having said that, Dimma is having a lend by criticising Sydney for defensive tactics, with his no risk game itself .  They had double the inside 50s and won 80% of the hitouts, established ruck, tall forwards and defending Sydney forward line of midgets and newbies.

Look like Kennedy and Heeney might be out injured for a couple of weeks so the pain will only continue.  Going to be a bottom 3 finish for Sydney this season and what decent players will want to come to Sydney to play the Longmire brand of football? (joey will be there of course)

• Like 1