Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

West Coast smashed Sydney by all accounts.

I tipped Sydney, thinking they would bounce back, but apparently not.

I missed the game, thankfully again, in fact missed every game this week. But geez..what has happened to Sydney the past month? Sure, Missing BUddy for the game was a BIG out...and i guess that other idiot 'Cant Kick Goals Tippet' being out didn't help either...Not to mention Jetta has probably signed with West Coast and didn't want to to play well against them

KhunWill...West Coast a challenger for the flag now?

• Like 1

I missed the game, thankfully again, in fact missed every game this week. But geez..what has happened to Sydney the past month? Sure, Missing BUddy for the game was a BIG out...and i guess that other idiot 'Cant Kick Goals Tippet' being out didn't help either...Not to mention Jetta has probably signed with West Coast and didn't want to to play well against them

Mate

Sydney bought intensity to the game but kicking 5 points straight in the first quarter

didn't help. When you're away from home, you really need to take your chances.

If you finish top 4, you're in with a chance I guess.

We have Freo and hawthorn in the next 3 weeks which will

give us a good indication of where we're at.

I just hope Schofield is ok.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

I expect Sydney to be getting double booed for the remainder of the season after Jettas antics.tongue.png

You could be right..

Generally seems to be more animosity towards Goodes though.

probably West Coast want Jetta now...so some good news anyway...

Good to see Heeney back for the Swans too...

• Like 1

I expect Sydney to be getting double booed for the remainder of the season after Jettas antics.tongue.png

You could be right..

You missed the game Bookman,maybe Khunwill could provide some footage.

• Like 1

You could be right..

You missed the game Bookman,maybe Khunwill could provide some footage.

It's bad enough he is crushing me in the tipping this year....Don't have him rub it in any more! facepalm.gif

• Like 2

Mate

Sydney bought intensity to the game but kicking 5 points straight in the first quarter

didn't help. When you're away from home, you really need to take your chances.

If you finish top 4, you're in with a chance I guess.

We have Freo and hawthorn in the next 3 weeks which will

give us a good indication of where we're at.

I just hope Schofield is ok.

The entire first half was a total abortion and I was expecting another Hawthorn performance, thankfully the boys woke up in the 3rd and gave us a sniff... Having Buddy pull out at the last minute would've messed their game plan right up and was probably evidenced by the fact that we kicked 0.5 in the first quarter, you don't go inside 50 10 times in a quarter and expect to win a footy match.

Sydney are a better team than what has been on display in the last month, but there needs to be a shake up if we're to be competitive in September. The good news though, in 2012 the ladder positions of Fremantle, Hawthorn and Sydney were the same as they are now... So that's something to think about :P

You could be right..

Jetts won't be going to West Coast next year, sorry Khun Will... His war dance, for me, perfect way to give the crowd the bird sticking up for his mate Goodesy. Brought me back to '06 and Micky O getting right up in the supporters face and then watching the supporters reaction like "W T F just happened" will forever be priceless.

Whether or not the booing is race related or not, it's hard not to put 2 & 2 together. The booing has certainly intensified since the goal celebration in the indigenous round and it's now at a point where week-in-week-out it happens. I'd say that most of it's not race related but morons just chiming in order to make it a 'thing'...

As they say, a week's a long time in footy, so bring on Friday night... :D

• Like 2

I think that the booing of Adam Goodes is more to do with the public’s fatigue with prominent sports stars “preciousness” than racism.

If the AFL is serious about asking the footy crowd to stop the booing, then surely the AFL can instruct the boys to leave the spears at home.

Goodes should be thankful that the crowd is not chucking bananas,,, as has been suggested at workplace lunchroom discussions.

• Like 1

The Champions Cup contract extension, believed to be worth $150 million, comes at a time when television ratings for the AFL have dipped in Melbourne and attendances overall have risen only slightly despite a revamp of this year's fixture in wake of the problems of last year.

The defensive style of play of some teams, and the growing number of stoppages, along with a decline in scoring to an average of 68 points per game - the lowest since 1968 - has prompted even more suggestions for rule changes.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/international-champions-cup-soccer-deal-leaves-afl-fixture-offside-20150727-gilkpi.html#ixzz3h85zsjqb

This was in this mornings AGE news paper, there encouraging the AFL to tinker once more, well ive been saying it for years Soccer will only ever get bigger it has to and like it or not it will its a world game played by just about everyone, no reason several codes cant survive along side of each other, happens in the US so the typical media hype is just that, as i posted from a previous clip of a newspaper id prefer the coaches to come up with a solution to what ever and let the game evolve rather than a ratings obsessed AFL look at altering rules.

After 100 odd years of Australian football i dout it will loose appeal, the real reason there has been a drop in people watching could be channel 7 there coverage is pretty average, always have been, and i normally watch with the sound down quite low, also could be a reason...the same half a dozen teams seems to be always up there, whats the answer? let the clubs and coaches work it out and please no more rule changes, the game i is nothing like i played it when i was a boy.

In a week when the headlines should have been different,goodes has stolen the show.

As we say at work,your as good as your last job.

Goodes,outside Sydney will be remembered for having a 11 year girl kicked out of a football stadium for calling him an ape.

End of from me,back to footy.smile.png

In a week when the headlines should have been different,goodes has stolen the show.

Goodes,outside Sydney will be remembered for having a 11 year girl kicked out of a football stadium for calling him an ape.

13 yrs old.. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-25/goodes-gutted-but-places-no-blame/4712772 Agree END...

Tipping,, ?? Goodes out = Crows. Goodes in = Swans.

I hope by Sunday arvo when Freo v GWS I am 8/8.

Dockers to have a skills development run with GWS and hopefully get some percentage. 9/9 ...

• Like 2

The Swans wont win a game for at least 3 weeks.

3 weeks?,, Round 20. Good call. I would be happy with that outcome.

I'm hoping that when the Weagles down the Dockers, they will kick clear at the top of the ladder.

Simmo has stated that the plan is to finish as high as they can.

If,,,the Weagles take a perch on the top rung, I think they have a reasonable chance of holding top spot at the end of round 23.

Edited by joboss

Josh kennendy is the sam mitchell of the swans and by looking at his thumb from the eagles game(i watched it twice)they will suffer in close.

I've been known to be wrong,but could be right.tongue.png

Haha! So the Swans have got one player with a sore thumb and another with his thumb providing a pivot for rotation.

lol !! It’s a good day when you can make yourself laugh

Lets keep the banter friendly,i'm a north supporter so will be in for some cop soon.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Josh kennendy is the sam mitchell of the swans and by looking at his thumb from the eagles game(i watched it twice)they will suffer in close.

I've been known to be wrong,but could be right.tongue.png

Haha! So the Swans have got one player with a sore thumb and another with his thumb providing a pivot for rotation.

lol !! It’s a good day when you can make yourself laugh

Lets keep the banter friendly,i'm a north supporter so will be in for some cop soon.biggrin.png

We have been bagging North for years now FJ tongue.png

• Like 1

13 yrs old.. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-25/goodes-gutted-but-places-no-blame/4712772 Agree END...

Dockers to have a skills development run with GWS and hopefully get some percentage. 9/9 ...

I admire your confidence joboss. a 9/9 should take you to the top of the tipping table.

Personally,I blame Kurt Tippet for my tipping woes this year

I admire your confidence joboss. a 9/9 should take you to the top of the tipping table.

Personally,I blame Kurt Tippet for my tipping woes this year

What's happened to Chimpy?

The Swans wont win a game for at least 3 weeks.

3 weeks?,, Round 20. Good call. I would be happy with that outcome.

I'm hoping that when the Weagles down the Dockers, they will kick clear at the top of the ladder.

Simmo has stated that the plan is to finish as high as they can.

If,,,the Weagles take a perch on the top rung, I think they have a reasonable chance of holding top spot at the end of round 23.

Heeney is back in the team and i am saying now he is a future Brownlow winner. He'll turn things around for Sydney this season, so I am confident, expecting, hoping they pull a few wins out o fthe hat.

Can't see Sydney winning this year. Nor Fremantle. Nor Collingwood. Nor Richmond.

Nor anyone else methinks.

Agree about heeney, he's a jet already.

• Like 1

This round looks easier to tip, on paper anyways.

Any possible upsets on the cards guys?

Can Richmond bounce back against the hawks who are surely due to drop one?

Are Melbourne a sneaky chance agaisnt Collingwood?

I think a danger game for WC against the Suns.

GWS against a "Fyfeless" Freo?

Good luck gang. Especially to all of those who picked Richmond last week and was robbed!

Thanks Bachartongue.png

• Like 2