U.S. mayors decry Trump sanctuary city threat, 'prepared to welcome' migrants

rooster59

15 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

It's amazing how you continue to be in favor of illegal immigration. But I'm sure you feel this makes you a better person. 

It's amazing you seem unable to disinguish between reality and fantasy. Illegal immigration into Mexico is not a felony,  That's what you get for relyig on dishonest sources. It is now what is called an administrative infraction. Actually illegal immigrants in Mexico enjoy a status far better than that of those living in the USA. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_Mexico

Edited by bristolboy
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, attrayant said:

Just being an immigrant does not give an employer the right to stop withholding payroll taxes.  I don't doubt that there are some immigrants who get paid in cash and don't pay taxes on it.  But you are sadly mistaken if you think your broad-brush accusation applies to all, or even most immigrants.

Undocumented immigrants pay billions in taxes

"The most recent IRS data, from 2015, shows that the agency received 4.4 million income tax returns from workers who don’t have Social Security numbers, which includes a large number of undocumented immigrants. That year, they paid $23.6 billion in income taxes. That doesn’t even include workers who paid taxes with fake Social Security numbers on their W-2 forms, which is also common."

Undocumented immigrants pay sales taxes too, unless you think retailers somehow can get out of paying taxes on goods and services sold to undocumented immigrants.

And if you really think that some employers are paying under the table or not withholding taxes, then it sounds like your problem is with the employers, not with the employees.

And finally, Americans do it too: Trillions [of dollars] Earned Under Table As More Work [Americans] Off Radar

So don't try to pretend that this is an income tax issue, because if that's what you're pretending to be upset about, you've got a whole lot of American citizens to deal with.  You're upset about tax evasion... really.

Also, Paul Manafort.

In the real world there is little doubt illegals are paid in cash. What planet do you live on?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

You would think that liberal orgs would donate money to help these people become a part of their communities. Because lets face it they are going to become unwelcome in many places really quickly.

Places with the fewest immigrants push back hardest against immigration

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/22/politics/immigration-trump-arizona/index.html

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I can't even believe that anybody would even say anything otherwise. 

Are we seeing a sea-change in this discussion?  So many of you who were outraged about immigrants not paying taxes are happy to support an employer who facilitates this "problem".

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

It's amazing you seem unable to disinguish between reality and fantasy. Illegal immigration into Mexico is not a felony,  That's what you get for relyig on dishonest sources. It is now what is called an administrative infraction. Actually illegal immigrants in Mexico enjoy a status far better than that of those living in the USA. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_Mexico

so, deflection noted.

are you in favor of illegal immigration??

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Well, to be fair to Elmer Fudd, when I pointed out that a meme he had posted was utterly false, he graciously acknowledged the error and thanked me for the correction...oh wait a minute...

hmmmm., still deflecting.

are you in favor of illegal immigration?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

so, deflection noted.

are you in favor of illegal immigration??

And you still won't acknowledge that you cited something that is a lie.

I don't think illegal immigration constitutes a threat. There is enough discouragement in place already. The US economy can easily absorb those who manage to make it past the various barriers.

6 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

Wait, how can this be a "threat" if illegals are so wonderful? Are these Leftist Mayors suggesting there may be something undesirable about illegals? I thought only racists think like that? 

If you transported 100,000 yuppies to San Francisco in one fell swoop, that would also be unwelcome. No city can absorb such a large and sudden influx of newcomers.

25 minutes ago, attrayant said:

I just wanted to memorialize this moment.  You admit to being the crux of the problem by illegally paying workers in cash, thereby dodging your duty to collect taxes, and elmrfudd loves that.

1226742562_paycash.JPG.c8aec33940791211273dc127122acace.JPG

What makes it even better is that Fudd was just denouncing illegals for committng ID fraud, and then goes ahead and applauds someone for committing a federal felony.

Federal Immigration and Nationality Act
Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii)

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:

* assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or

* encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or

* knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

http://www.flimen.org/Section274felonies.htm

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, attrayant said:

I just wanted to memorialize this moment.  You admit to being the crux of the problem by illegally paying workers in cash, thereby dodging your duty to collect taxes, and elmrfudd loves that.

1226742562_paycash.JPG.c8aec33940791211273dc127122acace.JPG

Actually, when you come to think of it, Fudd is just being a typical Republican: punish workers, not employers.

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Actually, when you come to think of it, Fudd is just being a typical Republican: punish workers, not employers.

glad to know you have the ability to know all those people you don't know.

pseudo intellectual blather

• Like 2

Just now, elmrfudd said:

thanks for making the vacuous assumption illegal immigration is no problem.

In the 1990s illegal immigraton was at a far higher level than it is now. I can[t recall any of the myriad catastrophes that must have beset the USA during that epoch.

And thank you for endorsing criminal behavior when it's committed by American citizens.