Problem With Windows Verification Xp

gennisis

I verfied the XP installation and windows thanked me !!....no problems for a week.Then it asked me to verifyand?or register again...this I did,I was thanked.! then everyday on startup this happened....then it told me that the verification number code,(taken from the OEM computer I bought in Dubai ) had been used too many times and I should contact Microsoft for a new code.

So,I telephoned and got a 7 x 6 group of numbers and all was OK...for 2 days!

Now on each startup i have to go throught the process with the 6 x 7 group.

Windows tells me and thanks me for installing a verified copy, all updates can be downloaded including Media Player 11 which is not possible without verification.

So...can someone suggest something so that I can just start in the normal manner ???

...and reading the forum about Vista ...thank goodness I dont have that.

i had an xp verification problem a few days ago , on bootup i was told that i was running a bootleg copy.

this is after 2 years of using a geniune copy and receiving all the updates etc.

there is a help facility associated with the message , and it gives a fix for those who know that their copy is genuine , mentioning something to do with activex controls being involved in the verification process.

i can remember uninstalling a track eraser program a couple of days ago, and as i was uninstalling it , spybot asked me if i wanted to proceed with certain registry changes it had noticed , i clicked 'yes to all" and noticed the word activex coming up a few times as registry changes. it happened too quick to note the actual file names.

rather than go through the complicated microsoft fix , i system restored back a few days and since then have had no problems with microsoft and have downloaded some updates.

its not exactly the same problem as the original poster , but this post might contain some info. useful to somebody else.

p.s. i have no idea what activex actually is.

Edited by taxexile