Electronic signature - legal in Thailand?

Hello,

Can I use an electronic signature to let clients sign the contracts? running a B2B

I've always used this back in Europe because there's no good reason to use physical signatures anymore. But I'm not sure if the contract is binding here if I use the same solution as I did before.

Thanks in adavance!

By "electronic signature" do you mean a facsimile (printed) signature or a "digital signature" using online certificates and the like?

I don't know about the legalities per-sé, but none of the Thai companies I work with will accept anything other than a physical signature complete with indentation from the pen, at least not on a Contract.

Normal documentation comes with printed signatures all the time. Of course they mean absolutely nothing, half 99% of the time the owner of the signature hasn't even seen the documentation.

• Like 1

For these back at home, they accept my  ' electronic ' signature, sent by email or fax.
Sometimes together with a selfie of myself with my passport and a paper with the name of the company. As I am oversea they are accepting this as a exception on their policy.

But in Thailand, every copy of a signature has to be signed again to make it valid. You turn the page and should still see the signature imprint.

And again about back at home, the Dutch government do have a eSignature for government, taxes, and company can use their services too. It's called DigiD. 

I know the goverment was on a mobile phone app that has the same force as an proof of ID.

Maybe they will do something with digital signature approval.

Maybe in the future Thailand will have that, like they did introduce Promptpay so the service would be likely PromptID or some fancy name.

The same as Thais use their ID, confirming with the chip when buying SIM cards at Seven.

Rgds,

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies. The signature would be to sign a B2B contract for ~30 to 100k a month. So it's not a real estate type of deal. Nevertheless, fair point on Kerry express. I just realized it now. 

I will use PandaDoc then to automate the contract process and make life easier for my future clients.