Bride Price (dowry)for Second Time Marriage ?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cutethaigirl Posted on Sat 2004-05-29, 07:03:30

Errr your dad said he would give me back 700,000 but i see he has a new pickup.

Run whilst you still can:-) 

Love it :o

still think a wind-up

Probably, blonco. It just doesn't make any sense. He married his ex wife and ended up paying 10,000 THB dowry for her first marriage. Now, wife-to-be had been married with kids.. and 300,000 THB dowry (assuming 700,000 THB would be returned.. doubt it though).. It just doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, assuming this is all true, I would say... H*** No too. It's not her first marriage for God's sake. Afraid you are being played just because you are a foreigner.

I would have thought after 5 years in LOS a bloke would have known a bit more about the customs to be truthfull.

I don´t know what " LOS " means, but I am not living in Thailand. I live in Denmark, - would like to stay in Thailand but so far not possible for me.

So that´s why I don´t know all about customs of Thailand.

still think a wind-up

Probably, blonco. It just doesn't make any sense. He married his ex wife and ended up paying 10,000 THB dowry for her first marriage. Now, wife-to-be had been married with kids.. and 300,000 THB dowry (assuming 700,000 THB would be returned.. doubt it though).. It just doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, assuming this is all true, I would say... H*** No too. It's not her first marriage for God's sake. Afraid you are being played just because you are a foreigner.

Of course this is all true, why should I make up a story like this. :o

First of all, use the one million Baht for buying your own accomodation in Thailand, and then come, stay a while and look around.

Just forget about this woman ...

There are plenty of Thai women, with a child, age 35-45 years old, with a stable job, own house, divorced after a bad marriage, and are looking for a husband, foreigner welcome. All these ladies do have their own income.

No need to pay anything, except the wedding party expenses, a nice gift for wife and child, and make a nice trip around Thailand with your new family....

Reject such ridiculous demands at once, and say good bye.... I do not see any good future with such a woman. Not even willing to try, not even willing to talk about...time-waste...

And I agree, not all men are into looking for a young woman... my wife and me, we are 52 now..same age, married since 27 years...

Johann

you say this is early in the relationship, and you are discussing marrage and bride price....and she is checking how deep your pockets are now?

as yohan says you might want to reside over here for a little bit, experience a bit of thai culture first before you decide you want to get married(again) to a thai lady...

perhaps it was not just the age difference that caused your first marrage to fail...

I think you need to know more about this lady and her family, before you start parting with cash.

:o

Of course this is all true, why should I make up a story like this. :o

I doubt it because I am a Thai woman, my dear. So, I can tell you it doesn't make any sense. To show 1m THB dowry at the wedding, the bride has to be : young, never been married, no kids, etc. You do the math. I start to feel rather weird discussing bride price.

First of all, use the one million Baht for buying your own accomodation in Thailand, and then come, stay a while and look around.

Just forget about this woman ...

There are plenty of Thai women, with a child, age 35-45 years old, with a stable job, own house, divorced after a bad marriage, and are looking for a husband, foreigner welcome. All these ladies do have their own income.

No need to pay anything, except the wedding party expenses, a nice gift for wife and child, and make a nice trip around Thailand with your new family....

Reject such ridiculous demands at once, and say good bye.... I do not see any good future with such a woman. Not even willing to try, not even willing to talk about...time-waste...

And I agree, not all men are into looking for a young woman... my wife and me, we are 52 now..same age, married since 27 years...

Johann

There are plenty of Thai women, with a child, age 35-45 years old, with a stable job

maybe not all men want a girlfriend that smells of horse crap when she comes home from work. :D:o

Johann
There are plenty of Thai women, with a child, age 35-45 years old, with a stable job
maybe not all men want a girlfriend that smells of horse crap when she comes home from work. :D:o

Is this a quote straight from the horses mouth?

Or what?

Of course this is all true, why should I make up a story like this.  :o

I doubt it because I am a Thai woman, my dear. So, I can tell you it doesn't make any sense. To show 1m THB dowry at the wedding, the bride has to be : young, never been married, no kids, etc. You do the math. I start to feel rather weird discussing bride price.

Well LovelyCutie,

Just because you are a thai woman doesn´t really mean, that you know everything and everybody in Thailand, now does it ???

I know, it doesn´t make sense to pay the money, and as I wrote earlier, I will not pay anything.

But it is true, that she told me, and just for this one occasion I will quote, what she wrote to me in an E-mail:

" My parents tell me you should

give

engagement ceremony one million, give to my parents three hundred

thousand,

seven hundred thousand, that my parents to give we both sides to keep

build

warm family in future. "

Believe it or not. Your choice !

And if the discussion gets to weird, try to switch off your PC and go out for a walk.

But be careful, it´s a jungle out there. :D

you say this is early in the relationship, and you are discussing marrage and bride price....and she is checking how deep your pockets are now?

as yohan says you might want to reside over here for a little bit, experience a bit of thai culture first before you decide you want to get married(again) to a thai lady...

perhaps it was not just the age difference that caused your first marrage to fail...

I think you need to know more about this lady and her family, before you start parting with cash.

:D

good advice, straight from the horses mouth.

(not saying your a horse stu) :o

Well LovelyCutie,

Just because you are a thai woman doesn´t really mean, that you know everything and everybody in Thailand, now does it ???

I know, it doesn´t make sense to pay the money, and as I wrote earlier, I will not pay anything.

But it is true, that she told me, and just for this one occasion I will quote, what she wrote to me in an E-mail:

" My parents tell me you should

give

engagement ceremony one million, give to my parents three hundred

thousand,

seven hundred thousand, that my parents to give we both sides to keep

build

warm family in future. "

Believe it or not. Your choice !

And if the discussion gets to weird, try to switch off your PC and go out for a walk.

But be careful, it´s a jungle out there. :o

Nope, I do not know everything about my country and/or everyone in my country, probably just know more than you do. Instead of having a go at me, why don't you just consider others' comments too? They are saying pretty much the same. And most of them have a Thai wife. I'm seriously getting tired of being a Thai woman.

In fact, no need to show the message from her email. It doesn't prove anything. And I am not here to decide whether to believe or not. I said before, it was probably troll. But in case it was true, I was saying that, dowry for her second marriage - loads of crap.

And it's my choice to give advices I somehow know about here. Now, I know you don't appreciate my comments, then I am buggering off and give advices to others who do.

maybe not all men want a girlfriend that smells of horse crap when she comes home from work

Davethailand,

Your remarks are quite insulting for our Thai lady-friends.

I think, you have a Pattaya-beach-road impression about women in Thailand.

Let you know about 4 Thai ladies, my wife and I know personally as our friends:

1- One lady in Chonburi is 45 years old, 3 daughters grown up, working since 27 years in the same hospital, is earning over baht 45000,- monthly, has a big house with 400 sqm garden, and own car.

Her husband left her 15 years ago: reason - 3 daughters, no son - and the wife busy in the hospital (including night and sunday shift), fluent English, university educated. - Missing nothing, except she feels a bit lonely....

2- Another lady we know as our friend is 35 years old, with a girl 5 years, working, monthly 16000,- baht, has own townhouse near Minburi, nice technical job, quite good English especially using technical terms, very calm, shy, looking always a bit sad, never smiling....(had a terrible marriage with a Thai man and was severely mistreated) she needs any older man, foreigner very welcome, who is kind and patient with her, for sure she is not into sex-life)

And this girl and her daughter are really looking so lovely....both of them...

3- Then we know a woman in Thonburi, 29 years old, nice job, monthly 20.000 baht, likes foreigners, but not so good English, cannot find a Thai man, because she has to take care of her sick mother (cannot leave the bed, requires elderly care) - she is always happy, has to pay 6000,- baht rent for the room with her mother, pays another 6000,- for various medicine, and has very little time and very little money left for herself....Her brother does not care about his sister and his mother. so what can she do? To kick her mother out of the room? She really gives her best....

4- Finally our best Thai friend near Chatuchak in Bangkok is 47 years old, her foreign husband died some years ago, over 20 years married, child grown up (medical doctor, living in England). She is university educated, in medical research, monthly income out of her property and her job is baht 200.000,- monthly. Remarkable savings.

Huge condominium (the house has 8 units only, garden and swimmingpool, security, garage parking), 2 maids, car, English like a native speaker, US-greencard holder, owning land and house also in the States.

She feels deeply insulted of Thai men, who called her after the death of her foreign husband to be an *used item*

Anyway, with the right foreigner over 50 years old, she would try it again....

-----

Let me say it clear, Davethailand, all these ladies are very very good women for marriage, and you need not offer them a dowry.....

And they have their own clothes and shoes, their own home and job, and they do not smell....all of them are very clean people, there is a shower at home and they use it of course.

By the way, my wife is 52 and I am 52 now, 27 years married....something wrong with that?

I am very sceptical, when I hear from these lesbian radical feminists, and such women do not like to read my opinion about their man-hating character.

But reading your comments about the real good women here in Thailand, who have best intentions and are not into ripping off the husband for a lucrative dowry or for a profitable divorce - your comments about women who work for their own money - such comments made by a foreign man make me sad.

Next time please think twice before posting your sh1t.

Johann

And it's my choice to give advices I somehow know about here. Now, I know you don't appreciate my comments, then I am buggering off and give advices to others who do.

Reading this thread, I am happy, not to be a Thai, and especially not to be a Thai woman, who has good intentions towards men.

I think, some men really deserve to be ripped off financially and then to be kicked out by a woman, who got a special training in practical use of radical feminism.

I posted here 4 examples of good women, I know all of them and their situations personally, from a lady earning baht 16000,- up to a woman in the baht 200.000,- level.

I feel ashamed looking at these totally idiotic and ignorant postings by foreign men, who really choose the woman because of the age of her vagina.....

My comment in a former posting:

There are plenty of Thai women with a child, age 35-45 years old with a stable job

and this is the reply:

davethailand Posted on Sun 2004-05-30, 22:04:07

maybe not all men want a girlfriend that smells of horse crap when she comes home from work

Sorry, ladies, it is extremely rare, but as a man I have to apologize for such postings....

Johann

I will quote, what she wrote to me in an E-mail:

" My parents tell me you should give engagement ceremony one million, give to my parents three hundred thousand, seven hundred thousand, that my parents to give we both sides to keep build warm family in future. "

I am not a Thai woman, but a foreign man, living in Asia since 1972....

I have heard a lot...believe me....

But I do not know about a single case of a Thai woman 37 years old, divorced with children, who asks her parents, how much money she has to collect for dowry from her foreign boyfriend for marriage.

Something wrong....but wrong or true, this does not really matter..... forget her....

Johann

I feel ashamed looking at these totally idiotic and ignorant postings by foreign men, who really choose the woman because of the age of her vagina.....

I must say Yohan I learn something new on here everyday.

These young or old vaginas where do they purchase them, do they fit them while they wait, is there a big selection? I think you should tell us.

Would you pay if the bartender offers you an already halfemptied glass of beer that someone has left? :o

i think its a SAME SAME but DIFFERENT thingy...so that all us Pi##heads can understand the true meaning of the thread.

i for one am certainly much more enlightened after it.

Davethailand,

1- One lady in Chonburi is 45 years old, 3 daughters grown up, working since 27 years in the same hospital, is earning over baht 45000,- monthly, has a big house with 400 sqm garden, and own car.

Her husband left her 15 years ago: reason - 3 daughters, no son - and the wife busy in the hospital (including night and sunday shift), fluent English, university educated. - Missing nothing, except she feels a bit lonely....

2- Another lady we know as our friend is 35 years old, with a girl 5 years, working, monthly 16000,- baht, has own townhouse near Minburi, nice technical job, quite good English especially using technical terms, very calm, shy, looking always a bit sad, never smiling....(had a terrible marriage with a Thai man and was severely mistreated) she needs any older man, foreigner very welcome, who is kind and patient with her, for sure she is not into sex-life)

3- Then we know a woman in Thonburi, 29 years old, nice job, monthly 20.000 baht, likes foreigners, but not so good English, cannot find a Thai man, because she has to take care of her sick mother (cannot leave the bed, requires elderly care) - she is always happy, has to pay 6000,- baht rent for the room with her mother, pays another 6000,- for various medicine, and has very little time and very little money left for herself....Her brother does not care about his sister and his mother. so what can she do? To kick her mother out of the room? She really gives her best....

4- Finally our best Thai friend near Chatuchak in Bangkok is 47 years old, her foreign husband died some years ago, over 20 years married, child grown up (medical doctor, living in England). She is university educated, in medical research, monthly income out of her property and her job is baht 200.000,- monthly. Remarkable savings.

Huge condominium (the house has 8 units only, garden and swimmingpool, security, garage parking), 2 maids, car, English like a native speaker, US-greencard holder, owning land and house also in the States.

She feels deeply insulted of Thai men, who called her after the death of her foreign husband to be an *used item*

-----

Let me say it clear, Davethailand, all these ladies are very very good women for marriage, and you need not offer them a dowry.....

And they have their own clothes and shoes, their own home and job, and they do not smell....all of them are very clean people, there is a shower at home and they use it of course.

By the way, my wife is 52 and I am 52 now, 27 years married....something wrong with that?

I am very sceptical, when I hear from these lesbian radical feminists, and such women do not like to read my opinion about their man-hating character.

But reading your comments about the real good women here in Thailand, who have best intentions and are not into ripping off the husband for a lucrative dowry or for a profitable divorce - your comments about women who work for their own money - such comments made by a foreign man make me sad.

Johann

He just didn't get it Dave.Nice one though!!!

Davethailand,

-----

Johann

yohan

did you get out of the wrong side of the bed?

or have you had a bad day?

do you know what humour is?

you are on the forum alot and surely you would have read some of my posts before, especially the threads where i ALWAYS defend thai girls, bg's or whatever.

i live in pattaya, i'm married to a thai girl who comes from just outside pattaya, many of our friends are thai girls (bg's,gogo girls etc).

I'm one of the first people to bite when these narrow minded people slag the thai girls off.

read some of my previous stuff and you will see that you have got me all wrong.

I made the joke because believe it or not pattaya has strange individuals like this, as well as the scum of the earth that seem to congregate here.

i love living in pattaya and i always try to defend its image.

Would you pay if the bartender offers you an already halfemptied glass of beer that someone has left? :o

Let me ask you something:

Yo meet a farmer, and he shows you a green apple - and he explains you, it is a very very sweet fresh apple..... so it is very expensive and you buy it...

You get hungry and you eat it....not really just a little bit of it. And then, can you give it back and ask your money back? Because you think, it is still a sour fruit?

Better get the red apple, might be it is not so fresh, but sweet for sure, and costs you a lot less.....

Johann

Davethailand,

-----

Johann

yohan

did you get out of the wrong side of the bed?

or have you had a bad day?

do you know what humour is?

you are on the forum alot and surely you would have read some of my posts before, especially the threads where i ALWAYS defend thai girls, bg's or whatever.

i live in pattaya, i'm married to a thai girl who comes from just outside pattaya, many of our friends are thai girls (bg's,gogo girls etc).

I'm one of the first people to bite when these narrow minded people slag the thai girls off.

read some of my previous stuff and you will see that you have got me all wrong.

I made the joke because believe it or not pattaya has strange individuals like this, as well as the scum of the earth that seem to congregate here.

i love living in pattaya and i always try to defend its image.

i,ve posted it again yohan just incase you missed it the first time.

i'll give you an example of humour.

(don't horses live in stables?)

hence my reply,

IT WAS A JOKE

kao jai? :D

YOHAN

I assume from have a very good sense of humour.

your name that English may not be your first language?

Davethailand in NO WAY was making comments about Thai Ladies, Thailand or anything else really.

The STABLE and HORSES connect to make a joke.

I understood it . How come you did not.

Your post in reply was very intersting reading but hardly typical i am afraid. Read the statistices.

And an apology to DaveT may be in order.

I do believe he is married to a Thai girl after all!!

CT

Englisn people