New Zealand man, 57, found dead on road in Karon

webfact

New Zealand man, 57, found dead on road in Karon

By The Phuket News

1555910624_1-org.jpg

The man’s motorbike showed no signs that it had been struck by another vehicle, police said. Photo: Ruamjai Rescue Foundation

PHUKET: Police investigating the death of a New Zealand man whose body was found on Patak Rd in Karon early this morning (Apr 22) believe that his motorbike was not struck by any other vehicle, leading to his fatal fall on the road.

Karon Police were notified of the man* lying on the road, and his Honda motorbike lying nearby near the entrance to Patak Rd Soi 12, at 1am, said Capt Ekkachai Siri of the Phuket Tourist Police.

“At this stage to looks like his motorbike was not struck by any vehicle,” Capt Ekkachai told The Phuket News.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/new-zealand-man-57-found-dead-on-road-in-karon-71171.php#VbkFzKvKOc9VSd22.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-04-22

5 hours ago, webfact said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

The man’s motorbike showed no signs that it had been struck by another vehicle, police said.

It didn't have to be struck by another vehicle.  A few years ago, a Toyota pickup went past me like a bat out of hell, brushing my arm down the full length of the vehicle; another inch to tbe left and I would have been history.  It's happened a couple of times since, but without the contact.

I've just renewed my driving licence, and watching the Thais doing the tests, most if them fail miserably, but still get their licence.  Pathetic really, but that's how it is here.

I wonder if anyone has heard of the 'Identical Twin' scam operating over here in Thailand where a proficient qualified driver can 'sit the test' for a 'nervous person' that is about to apply for a driver's license?

This happens regularly in other countries - even in the United Kingdom. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/aug/02/driving-test-fraudsters-jailed

Archived