Can I Use My Thai Atm Card In The Uk?

I'm going to the UK in a couple of months for a holiday and have a money question:

Is it possible to use a "Be 1st" Bangkok Bank ATM card to access Thai funds from UK ATMs?

If so,

• did you get charged an outrageous exchange rate?
  • did you have to notify your branch in Thailand before you left?

Thanks a lot, guys.

I'm going to the UK in a couple of months for a holiday and have a money question:

Is it possible to use a "Be 1st" Bangkok Bank ATM card to access Thai funds from UK ATMs?

If so,

• did you get charged an outrageous exchange rate?
  • did you have to notify your branch in Thailand before you left?

Thanks a lot, guys.

Don't know about your bank so can not answer definitively but you can use a HSBC card issued in Thailand in the UK. Costs are similar. Suggest you enquire with your Thai bank

Edited by gummy

hi there

yes you can use your thai atm card here in the uk ,we both have bangkok bank atm cards here and we can use them here,the only problem we have found is getting money on your card from the uk,it cost money,so if we need money on card we send it to mum in thailand and she goes to bank.

if there is any charges they are very small,we have not found we have lost any fees

hope this helps

pete & som

The answer is yes, you can use your Bangkok Bank card in UK machines. You just have to make sure that the machine you use in the UK has the 'Plus' logo and you'll be fine. I used several branches of Barclays during my trip back in December last year.

Regarding the exchange rate, it wasn't extortionate but was not good. You also have to pay a fee of 100 baht for each withdrawl you make.

I did tell my branch because I had problems using the card in the US a few months before, but they assured me that it didn't matter.

I hope this helps.

Have a look on the front (or back) of your ATM card and see if you can find Maestro or Cirrus. If you can - there is a good chance your card can be used in an overseas ATM.

However - always check with you bank first because if you attempt to use your ATM card in another country - the ATM could 'eat' your card as a protective measure - if you haven't notified your bank.

Peter

Excellent stuff guys.

Thanks a lot.

Haven't been back in the UK for over 10 years so I wasn't sure.

Will warn my bank before I go that I'll be using the card overseas.

And what does this have to do with visas and migration ???