Do Thai Airlines Charge For Extra Baggage

vprice100

i am going over to thailand in september flying with thai airlines and im estimating to be bringing back 2 suitcases plus my carry on (big shopping trip) will they charge for extra weight i no about the 20 kg limit on most airlines

has anyone flown with them, i traveled with malaysian last time and was over by about 10kgs and they didnt worry, hopefully thai will be the same

any help will be great

thanks

thats extremely risky !!! why dont u use a professional freight forwarder for ur shopping items ? if they dont accept ur oversized-luggage then u r dead meat and it will cost u hundreds of Euro.

1 Kg will be charged 1% of the published fare, so 10 kg can be easily 400-500 Euro !!!

And I doubt that Malaysian Airlines is so generous. I know the story of an elderly German couple, who wanted to check in 64 kg (instead of 2 x 20 = 40) and they paid dearly ! That happened in Kuching, Sarawak, where they checked in for the direct flight to Frankfurt, and as far as I remember , they paid more than 1.000 Euro for that !

so, all I can do is wish u "good luck" :o

Edited by THAILIBAN

K.Wife went last week and checked in 4 suitcases plus her hand luggage and no problem and yet as usual when I head out on Thursday night with my tesco bag its always a case of ....is that all......???

The female check ins at almost all airlines that I have ever used just can seem to understand that most blocks only really need wot they can stand up in...when travelling....plus PP & Dosh.£$...........and Gold card......Mai K J

I am Gold Card with Thai but have never exceeded my wieght allowance, even when moving from europe to Singapore.

However, I have seen thai go both ways out of BKK. I have seen peole not charged with clearly massive amounts of extra baggage and I have seen people waiting to be charged loads.

Does not seem to be no rhyme or reason from my limited observations.